|"And the Noose Tightens Around His Neck"|
|Season||Survivor: Battle of the Ages|
|Previous||Closer and Closer|
|Next||She's Been Using Him, and He Still Hasn't Realized It|
Previously On Survivor...
After eliminating Ulrich, the tribe returned to camp silent, almost mourning their friend. Later, rather than a reward challenge was an auction. Astor won a chocolate cake, Erick won a PB&J sandwich and the right to send someone to Exile Island, Garnet won a shower, Genette won donuts and coffee, Kamryn won a piece of lasagne, Quinlan won an advantage at the next immunity challenge, and Zak won a slice of pizza and hot dogs with french fries.
Back at camp, Kamryn made a final four pact with Astor, Garnet, and Genette. All three agreed to the alliance. At the immunity challenge, Quinlan's advantage brought him straight to the final round. Erick and Garnet would join him in the final round. All three finished at the same time, but only Quinlan was correct, earning him immunity. At tribal council, Erick was unanimously voted out 7-1. Six remain, who will be voted out tonight?
Reward Challenge: Mud Run
Run to a mud pit, slather yourself in mud, come back, and empty the mud into your bucket. Heaviest mud bucket after five minutes wins.
Reward: A barbecue feast and letters from home.
Winner: Zak (shared with Garnet and Genette)
Immunity Challenge: When It Rains, It Pours
Players will be standing barefoot on a small wooden perch, while one of their hands will be chained to an overhead bucket of water. If the contestant moved enough, the bucket will drop water, dousing the player, eliminating him or her. At random points during the challenge, the host would tempt the survivors with food items. Last person standing wins immunity.
The final six returns from tribal council, happy about Erick leaving the game.
|“||Erick's gone from the game and everyone is happy, but now we have to vote against each other. The problem is that I'm in a Final Four deal with Kamryn, Genette, and Astor, and I don't really trust Kamryn and Astor. Plus I don't want to get rid of Zak just yet. What a conundrum I'm in.||”|
The tribe gets some sleep for tomorrow's challenge.
The castaways were infromed via treemail to go to the challenge area for their second-to-last reward challenge.
- For today's reward challenge, you'll run to a mud pit, slather yourself in mud, come back, and empty the mud into your bucket. Heaviest mud bucket after five minutes wins. For reward, you and two people of your choice will join you on a barbecue feast and receive letters from home.- Jeff
- Sweet!- Quinlan
- We'll draw for spots.- Jeff
After each castaway is assigned a color bucket, they begin the challenge. Everyone but Kamryn begins strong. Kamryn seems grossed out by getting in the mud, but still does. They all slather themselves in mud, grab giant clumps of mud, or do both. Zak and Garnet are neck to neck in the challenge. Genette, Astor, and Quinlan aren't too far behind from them. Kamryn seems to be way out of the challenge. The five minutes are up, and everyone is asked to put all remaining mud they have into their buckets.
- Alright let's begin with the weigh in. Kamryn let's start.- Jeff
- Here.- Kamryn
- Kamryn you have 2 lbs, 3 oz of mud. So far you're in the lead. Quinlan, you're next. Quinlan you have 13 lbs, 7 oz of mud, you have the lead.- Jeff
- Yes!- Quinlan
- Genette, you're up. Genette you have 13 lbs of mud. Quinlan you're still in the lead. Garnet. You have 19 lbs, 10 oz of mud. That kicks Quinlan out of the lead. Next up, Astor. Astor you've collected 16 lbs, 15 oz of mud. Sorry that isn't enough to earn you the reward. That leaves you Zak. Zak you've collected 20 lbs, 3 oz of mud, meaning you win reward.- Jeff
- Nice!- Zak
- You get to choose two people to enjoy your reward with you. In addition, you get to send someone to Exile Island.- Jeff
- I'll have Garnet ant Genette join me on the reward, and I'll send Astor to Exile Island.- Zak
- Zak, Garnet, and Genette, the boat to your reward will be here soon. Astor, the boat to Exile Island is here, you can leave. Quinlan and Kamryn I've got nothing for you, you can head back to camp.- Jeff
Quinlan and Kamryn return to camp. Astor takes the boat to Exile Island. Zak, Garnet, and Genette take a second boat to their reward.
At Exile Island, Astor takes the path to comfort.
|“||I think being send to Exile Island was the best thing for me. I need time to clear my head. I need to think ahead about this game. I hope I don't get a headache after this.||”|
At the reward, Zak, Garnet, and Genette read their letters from home before enjoying the feast. The begin to eat after they read their letters. After eating Zak begin a conversation.
- Ladies I'd like to talk to about the game. I want use three to make it to the end.- Zak
- That's wonderful, but there's a problem. Me and Genette kinda agreed to a final four deal with Astor and Kamryn- Garnet
- Why would you do that?- Zak
- I think it's because of the power Kamryn holds.- Genette
- What power?- Zak
- She only told us, but she showed us that she has the hidden immunity idol.- Garnet
- She does?- Zak
- Yep.- Garnet
- I have an idea, you guys vote with Astor and Kamryn at the next tribal council, and convince them to vote Quinlan out.- Zak
- Then at the tribal council after that, we split the votes.- Garnet
- Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.- Zak
- To the final three. Cheers.- Zak
- Cheers.- Garnet and Genette
At Pamati, the camp is silent. Kamryn simply does some laundry and Quinlan does some fishing.
The next day, Kamryn talks to Garnet and Genette.
- Okay, before our next immunity challenge, we need to decide which one is going, Quinlan or Zak?- Kamryn
- How about Quinlan? I don't really trust him.- Genette
- Plus he could have some Atiu allies on the Jury, making him a Jury threat. - Garnet
- Hmmmm, that sounds fine. I'll tell Astor about the vote tomorrow. Meeting dismissed.- Kamryn
Meanwhile at the beach, Zak talks to Quinlan.
- Listen, Quinlan, I need to talk to you.- Zak
- About what?- Quinlan
- We're on the ousts.- Zak
- What do you mean?- Quinlan
- There's an obvious pact between Astor, Kamryn, Garnet, and Genette.- Zak
- And why should I work with you?- Quinlan
- Kamryn has a hidden immunity idol. I saw it in her bag, yesterday. But listen, we'll vote her out tonight. I'll try and see if Garnet and Genette are willing to flip.- Zak
- Sweet, Kamryn's not gonna see that coming.- Quinlan
Later that evening, Genette and Garnet inform Zak about his plans.
- Zak, it worked, Kamryn has agreed to vote Quinlan out.- Garnet
- Good, I've talked to Quinlan. Me and him are voting Kamryn.- Zak
- I thought you were voting with us?- Genette
- No, I want you guys to vote out Quinlan with Kamryn and Astor. I'm voting with Quinlan so there's no suspicion from Kamryn or Astor.- Zak
- Okay, I understand now.- Genette
|“||Good, my plan is in motion. The lovebird won't see what's coming.||”|
The castaways receive treemail instructing them to go to the challenge area. The six castaways arrive and Jeff explains the challenge.
- You'll will be standing barefoot on a small wooden perch, while one of their hands will be chained to an overhead bucket of water. If the contestant moved enough, the bucket will drop water, dousing the player, eliminating you. At random points during the challenge, I'll tempt you with food items. Last person standing wins immunity. But first, Quinlan I'm going to need it back.- Jeff
- Here.- Quinlan
- Alright, we'll draw for spots.- Jeff
Each one of the castaways were chained to a bucket of water. Jeff announced the challenge was on.
Elasped Time: 45 Minutes
After fourty-five minutes all six are still standing. Jeff brings in an item. It is a hamburger. Zak drops out dousing green-colored water on him, claiming the burger. Kamryn drops out a few seconds later, dousing her in purple-colored water. Zak enjoys his burger while watching the others. Kamryn gets nothing.
Elapsed Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
An hour and twenty-five minutes in, Jeff presents the castaways another food item. It is a plate of nachos and cheese. Quinlan drops out, dousing him in orange-colored water. He claims the food, and takes a seat with Kamryn and Zak.
Elasped Time: 1 Hour 55 Minutes
Five minutes until the two hour mark, Garnet can no longer hold up the bucket. The bucket falls, dousing her in blue-colored water. She takes a seat with Kamryn, Quinlan, and Zak.
Elasped Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
Two hours and ten minutes in, Jeff tempts the two remaining castaways, Genette and Astor, with another item. It remains covered. After a few seconds, Genette gives in, earning Astor immunity. Genette is doused by yellow-colored water. Jeff reveals the covered item to be a crap item, a clump of mud.
- Congratulations Astor on winning immunity.- Jeff
- Thanks, Jeff.- Astor
- Astor has a one in five shot of winning this game. Unfortunately, for one of you, it'll be the end of your game. You have the afternoon to figure that out. You can head back out.- Jeff
At sunset, Pamati heads off to tribal council. At tribal council, they put their torches behind them and take a seat. Charmaine, Ivan, Marquis, Ulrich, and Erick walk into the tribal council area. Erick is wearing a white shirt with green stripe, tan shorts, grey shoes, and a yellow headband.
- Introducing the members of the Jury, Charmaine, Ivan, Marquis, Ulrich, and Erick voted out at the last tribal council. Since the final six are a group of people that have worked together so closely, was it hard to decide who was going to leave, Kamryn?- Jeff
- We all debated on who was going home, and it was really hard to decide.- Kamryn
- Liar, you, Astor, Garnet, and Genette all have a voting pact!- Quinlan
- I have no idea what you're talking about.- Kamryn
- Me neither.- Astor
- Don't play stupid, you haven't talked to me or Zak for the past few days.- Quinlan
- Garnet is there a voting pact between you, Genette, Kamryn, and Astor?- Jeff
- Yes.- Garnet
- You are such a liar, Kamryn.- Quinlan
- Okay, calm down Quinlan.- Genette
- Plus you have the hidden immunity idol! Zak saw it your bag!- Quinlan
- And the noose tightens around his neck.- Garnet
- You went threw my bag?!- Kamryn
- No I didn't. Someone told me.- Zak
- Well here, I do have the damn idol.- Kamryn (flashes the idol from her bag)
- Alright, I think it's time to vote. Astor, are you going to give up immunity?- Jeff
- No.- Astor
- Alright, it's time to vote, Quinlan you're up.- Jeff
One by one, everyone votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn.
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it. Alright once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Quinlan. Quinlan. Next vote, Kamryn. Kamryn. We are tied, two votes Kamryn, two votes Quinlan. Tenth person voted out of Survivor: Battle of the Ages and the sixth member of the Jury......
- You got lucky, Kamryn- Quinlan
- Quinlan, the tribe has spoken.- Jeff
- Bye, this was fun.- Quinlan
- It appears that your ties lie, somewhere. You can head back to camp.- Jeff
The final five leaves the tribal council area and returns to camp.
|Tribal Council 10:|
Quinlan (4 votes)
Astor, Garnet, Genette, & Kamryn
Kamryn (2 votes)
Quinlan & Zak
|“||Quinlan, I simply don't trust you. I wish we could've gotten along.||”|
|“||Quinlan, sorry, but you're first. We're gonna get Kamryn out and then Astor.||”|
|“||Sorry, no ill feelings.||”|
|“||Piss off. I'm no liar.||”|
|“||Kamryn, with the idol, you're dead or have power. Tonight it's the former.||”|
|“||Quinlan, I'm the one who got you out, I'm only voting for her to send a message.||”|
|“||I was less than a week from Day 39, but no. Kamryn got me out. She's so (bleep) dead. Astor, I have nothing against you, but you need to grow a brain, she's using you man. That's why I want her out. Garnet, Genette, and Zak good luck in getting Kamryn out.||”|
Still In the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- Immunity is crucial for the next vote.
- A plan to flush out the idol is formed by Zak.
- Will the plan succeed or backfire horribly?
- The reward challenge is the same challenge used in Survivor: Cook Islands episode, I Have the Advantage... for Once.
- The immunity challenge is the same challenge used in Survivor: Africa episode, Will There Be A Feast Tonight?, Survivor: All-Stars episode, Stupid People, Stupid, Stupid People, Survivor: Micronesia episode, I Promise..., Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villains episode, A Sinking Ship, Survivor: One World episode, Go Out With A Bang, and Survivor: The Sahara episode, Since When Does It Rain Out Here?.