|"Catch Up On My Z's"|
|Previous||You Messed Up|
|Next||Make That Mistake|
This is the Eighth episode of Survivor: Argentina
Previously on Survivor...
With his back against the wall, James went to Jay and Scott in order to rally them to his sideand tie up votes. Over at La Plata, Heather was in a bind for voting against the rest of the tribe. However, Zaya, Sara, and Nikki wanted to offer her a chance to redeem herself. When Sara went to offer, Heather didn't want to hear it. At the immunity challenge, The tribes were neck and neck and appeared Necochea was going to win unitl the boat started cracking and slowed them down to send Necochea to tribal. At tribal, they were a tight group of people joking about the immunity challenge. When the vote came, James rallying was all for not as he was voted out 5-1.
Immunity Challenge: Light My Fire
You have to use flint and steel to make a fire big enough to burn through a rope, releasing a section of flag. Move the fire to a second station, doing the same thing, and so on until all four flag sections are lowered. First tribe to lower all four sections of the flag wins.
Additional Stipulations: The winning tribe will also receive a locked chest.
Scott, Jay, Tree, T.P., and Totolax arrive back at at camp following tribal.
- Another tribal down.- Totolax
- Please no more of those.- Jay
- Why do you always think we are taking you out?- Scott
- I just do after the one blindside.- Jay
- You are strong player and we need strength.- Tree
- He wasn't strong.- T.P.
- You have to relax. We have a lot more challenges ahead of us.- Scott
- Yeah. We are going to do well in them.- Jay
- We are going to beat them at all the rest of the challenges.- Scott
- We just have to get a good stradegy for each challenge.- Tree
- Yeah. We are a strong group.- Totolax
- Totolax, I almost thought you fell asleep.- T.P.
- I was going to.- Totolax
|“||Totolax is so great to be around but he is the weakest one of us five. It might be hard if we do lose again to decide between him and Jay.||”|
Sara, Nikki and Zaya are sitting around the shelter while Audi, Heather and Kristie are in the woods
|“||Since Nikki said they thought of turning on Audi and Kristie I thought it would be a good idea to tell them and get them to turn to me.||”|
- Kristie, Audi, I want to tell you something Nikki told me yesterday.- Heather
- Do tell. I'm sure we would love hear it.- Audi
- I think it could be nice to hear.- Kristie
- I was talking with Nikki and She asked me if I would be interested in joining them to blindsiding one of you should we ever lose.- Heather
- Are you seriously?- Audi
- I'm plenty serious. She said Sara was going to say the same thing to me.- Heather
- That's surprising.- Kristie
- I find it surprising that Zaya did come to me after Jessica H had left.- Audi
- They really didn't want to vote her.- Heather
- Wow. We were just a back up plan.- Kristie
- I don't know what to think right now.- Audi
- If we lose I am going to vote Zaya or Nikki. If you two want to join me and force a tie.- Heather
- I would.- Kristie
- Just give me a minute to think. Please.- Audi
- Alright.- Heather
Heather leaves towards the camp.
- Are you alright?- Kristie
- Oh I am fine. I'm a therapist. I've been around for a while I know how they act.- Audi
- We're not joining her are we?- Kristie
- That depends. I'm going to talk to them tonight.- Audi
- Tell me what they say.- Kristie
- I will.- Audi
Kristie and Audi head back to camp.
|“||Do I believe what Heather said? No. The only time I really pay a lot of attention to an insperational speaker is when I need to catch up on my z's and I don't have the need to do that right now.||”|
Jay and Tree are at the beach while everyone else is at camp.
- Help me out Tree. Where do I really stand?- Jay
- What do you mean?- Tree
- What I mean is, you three grouped together but then weren't together.- Jay
- Joe was weaker.- Tree
- I know but where does that put me? Should we lose would it be me or Scott?- Jay
- I would hope Scott.- Tree
- That is where I am thinking. Does my strength keep me or not?- Jay
- I really don't think we are going to lose.- Tree
- I don't think we will either. I just want to know where I stand.- Jay
Jay and Tree head back to the camp.
|“||Jay has been like this since our first blindside. I don't get why he thinks we are out to get him. He is perfectly fine.||”|
Over at the camp, Scott, T.P., and Totolax are talking about Jay.
- I really hope we don't lose again.- T.P.
- Jay is very strong. It would suck to have to vote him out.- Scott
- I would hate to vote him out.- Totolax
- I'm going to go get firewood. Totolax can you make some rice.- Scott
- Sure.- Totolax
Scott head off into the woods while Totolax begins making rice.
- What if we go rid of him.- Totolax
- Timing reasons.- T.P.
- You can't keep him around too long.- Totolax
Tree and Jay get back from the beach.
- Scott is an A$$ and he is a smart player.- Tree
- I would join you in a heartbeat to take him out.- Jay
- Tree, your right. We do also have to get him before he tries to get us.- T.P.
- Can't be too late T.P.- Totolax
- I would join you anytime for that vote.- Jay
- We can just win and not have to worry about it.- Tree
- Big time. The five of us will kick butt.- T.P.
- Yeah, we will.- Totolax
|“||The game is winding down. At the beginning I didn't want to take out Scott too soon but I now have to make sure I'm not too late in trying. This is a lot to think about.||”|
La Plata Night
Sara, Nikki, and Audi are sitting outside the shelter.
- Can I talk to you two about something Heather said.- Audi
- Sure.- Sara
- Talk to us about anything.- Nikki
- Today, Heather came to me and Kristie asking us if we would join her to force a tie.- Audi
- Really?- Sara
- Yes. She said that you two had come to her about blindsiding me and Kristie.- Audi
- Wow.- Nikki
- Did you do that?- Audi
- Zaya wanted to see how trusting Heather could be should we not have to go to tribal before a merge.- Nikki
- We almost didn't say it to her after she didn't even let me talk.- Sara
- Well I guess she isn't if she is that quick to try to get people to turn to her.- Audi
- I think we need to to tell Zaya quickly.- Sara
- I'll go get her up.- Nikki
Nikki walks over to Zaya and wakes her up. They then walk back over to Sara and Audi.
- What's up?- Zaya
- Heather went to Audi and Kristie about what we had Nikki tell her.- Sara
- She then asked us if we would want to join her in taking you out.- Audi
- That's bad. She can't be trusted.- Zaya
- Well then what are our options?- Nikki
- I think we have two clear options.- Sara
- Let's hear it.- Audi
- We either throw the next immunity or we convince the men to vote Heather if we merge.- Zaya
- I don't want to throw it.- Nikki
Immunity Challenge Both tribes gather in the field location.
|“||La Plata, taking your first look at the new Necochea tribe. James voted out at the last tribal council.||”|
|“||Welcome to today's immunity challenge. First thing's first. La Plata I will take it back.||”|
Kristie walks up and hands Jeff the idol.
|“||Immunity is back up for grabs. For today's challenge, you will be given flint and various material to make a fire. You will build that fire high enough to burn through a rope to release a portion of a flag. You then move to the next station and do the same. First tribe, to release all four sections of their flag wins immunity. In addition, the winning tribe will also take this locked chest with them back to camp. La Plata, who is sitting out?||”|
Kristie, "I am."
|“||Kristie, take a spot on the bench. The rest of you, I'll give you a minute to stradegize and we will get started.||”|
Both tribes gather together to discuss the challenge. When both tribe are at their first station.
|“||On my go you may begin building your fire. Survivors ready...GO.||”|
Scott and Heather begin grabbing various material in order to make their fire.
Scott, "T.P., Jay, Tree, you guys made our fire the first time."
T.P., "Let's go."
Tree and T.P. start setting up the material then Jay starts hitting the flint with the machete.
Nikki "Let's go, someone start setting everything up."
Zaya, "I got it."
Zaya starts working with the material while Audi waits with the flint and machete.
Jeff, "Both tribes are working together."
Jay gets a spark going and immediately gets to the material starting the fire.
Audi begins hitting the flint with the machete.
Necochea's fire burns through the rope releasing the first part of the flag.
Jeff, "Necochea has their first section."
Totolax and Scott rush over to the next section and begin placing material on the station.
Audi gets a spark going for La Plata.
Tree and T.P. begin setting up the material with Jay then starts trying to get a spark.
La Plata's fire burns through the rope releasing the first section.
Jeff, "La Plata has their first section. They can now work on the next."
Zaya and Heather move over to the next section.
Jay gets a fire going for Necochea. The fire quickly burns up and through the rope releasing the section of flag.
Scott and Totolax rush to the third station and place material on it.
Jeff, "Necochea is half way done."
Tree and T.P. begin working with the material with Jay then starting to try to get a spark.
Audi gets a spark going for La Plata.
La Plata's fire slowly burns through the rope releasing the section of flag.
Jay gets a fire going for Necochea with it quickly burning though the rope releasing the third section.
Jeff, "La Plata has two sections. Necochea only need one more."
Scott and Totolax rush over to the final station grabbing and placing material onto it.
Sara and Nikki head of to the third station.
Tree and T.P. begin setting up the material with Jay beginning to try to start it after they finish.
Jeff, "Necochea are very close."
Jay gets the fire going and it quickly burns through the rope releasing the final section of flag.
|“||Necochea releases the final flag. Necochea wins immunity.||”|
After both tribes gather back at the start.
|“||Necochea come get the idol and chest. As for La Plata, I will see you tonight at tribal council were somebody will be voted out of the game. Grab your stuff and head out.||”|
Scott and Jay go and grab the chest while Totolax grabs the idol before everyone turns and leaves.
The tribe arrives back at camp following their win at the challenge. Everyone is sitting around the shelter with the chest in the middle.
- What do you think is in there?- Tree
- I hope it's food.- Totolax
- It's not going to be food. I can open this without the key if you want.- Scott
- No Scott. It's alright.- T.P.
- I hope we don't have to win the key.- Jay
- If that is the case I'll be mad because I can pop this chest open right now without a key.- Scott
- You can pop a lock.- Totolax
- Yeah, for doors I can't kick open.- Scott
- We usually just used a battery ram.- Tree
- We killed it in that challenge.- T.P.
- The people that made the fire our first time are still here.- Jay
- Didn't they say they struggled to make their first fire.- Totolax
- I think they did.- Scott
- That chest is going to bug me.- Tree
- The more I look at it makes me just want what's in there already.- Jay
- I'm telling you I can pop it open right now.- Scott
- Leave it be. I'm sure we will get a key in time.- T.P.
- I hope so. I'm going to make some rice.- Totolax
Totolax grabs the pot and begins heating up water to make the rice.
|“||Everyone has been curious about the chest since we won it. I want it open just as bad but I am not going to chance breaking a rule.||”|
|“||Lock picking was taught to me. I use it when I can. So far here I haven't used it because I know that if I do then I could be in trouble.||”|
The tribe arrive at camp following their loss. Heather, Audi and Kristie are at the beach.
- So are we all set on voting Nikki?- Heather
- Yeah.- Audi
- Totally.- Kristie
- Thanks. I know it is a risky thing to force a tie but I appreciate you doing this for me.- Heather
- Anything to shake up the game.- Audi
- They won't know what hit them.- Kristie
- That's for sure.- Heather
|“||Heather still thinks we are voting with her. Although I don't see the point.||”|
|“||With Heather thinking we are voting with her it makes the vote a little more fun. Then again we could just tie it and then flip back again.||”|
|“||I am honestly surprised they are doing this. Don't they know that if Zaya and them vote me then I am safe.||”|
Audi heads back to camp.
- Heather has got to go this time.- Zaya
- I know. I hated that challenge though.- Sara
- We have not been good with making fire.- Nikki
- That's for sure.- Audi
- Hey Audi. Does Heather still think you and Kristie are with her?- Zaya
- Yeah.- Audi
- Who is she voting?- Sara
- Nikki.- Audi
- Oh, I am so happy to vote her out.- Nikki
- She is gone.- Zaya
- That's a certainty.- Sara
- I wonder what was in that chest that the boys got.- Audi
- I hope it's not food cause I would really like something good right now.- Nikki
- Me too.- Zaya
|“||Our group is so tight that we never think of seriously blindsiding anyone. I am also upset that we lost whatever is in that chest.||”|
|“||Heather is going down. That will not change.||”|
The tribe arrives at tribal council, placing their torches behind them and sitting down.
|“||Welcome to tribal council. Nikki, what went wrong at the challenge?||”|
- Nothing went wrong really.- Nikki
- We didn't have our first fire until day three.- Heather
- Sara, could the tribe have done better today?- Jeff Probst
- Of course we could have but we haven't had the best of success with making fire with out the matches.- Sara
- What took us three days of trying we had to do it four times with in a small period of time.- Zaya
- Kristie, after eighteen days, does the vote remain easy for this tribe or will it be a hard vote.- Jeff Probst
- By all means it will be hard but it could look like it was easy.- Kristie
- Although they look easy, all the votes have been hard. One vote was extremely hard for us.- Zaya
- Everybody has gotten to know each other so well.- Nikki
- Heather, has anyone talked about what might be in the chest that the other tribe got?- Jeff Probst
- Not to me.- Heather
- We have talked about it. We all think it could very well be food.- Audi
- Something non-food related has also been thrown out there.- Sara
- What non-food stuff?- Jeff Probst
- Well looking around, there are six of us here plus five at the other camp.- Sara
- Knowing what could be in there makes the vote even harder.- Kristie
- How so?- Jeff Probst
- Well it makes you think, should I vote as if we are staying together or we are moving to the next stage and becoming one tribe.- Kristie
- There becomes many possibilities on what could happen.- Zaya
- Making this vote very important Jeff.- Audi
|“||Well I think you have had plenty of time to think it over. It is time to vote. Zaya you are up first.||”|
Zaya gets up, walks over to the urn and places her vote. The rest of the tribe follows ending with Sara.
|“||I'll go tally the votes.||”|
Jeff heads off toward the urn, grabbing it and coming back.
|“||Once the votes have been read the decision is final. Person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.||”|
Heather...2 votes Heather
Nikki...2 votes Heather, 1 vote Nikki, next vote
Heather...3 votes Heather, 1 vote Nikki, 2 votes left
|“||Ninth person voted out of Survivor: Argentina...Heather. You need to bring me your torch.||”|
Heather gets up, grabs her torch and walks to Jeff.
Jeff,"Heather, the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go."
Heather walks out of tribal and into the night.
|“||The game will only get tougher. Each vote is more and more important. Grab your stuff and head back to camp. Good night.||”|
Heather (5 votes)
Audi, Kristie, Nikki, Sara, Zaya
Nikki (1 vote)
|“||It may have been different had you been able to be trusted.||”|
|“||I don't expect you to go but I do hope to tie up votes.||”|
|“||I'm wide awake and won't have to worry about not listening to you anymore.||”|
|“||We'll I didn't get to tie the vote. I hope Audi and Kristie are happy with their decision. Only time will tell if they made the right call.||”|
Still In The Running
Next Time on Survivor...
The merge arrives and with it alliance lines crossing.
The title was said by Audi on Heather trying to get her and Kristie to turn on their alliance.