|"Cause I'm Black"|
|Previous||Kryptonite Shows Up (previous season)|
|Next||I Hate Clowns|
This is the first episode of Survivor: Brazil
Reward Challenge: Concentration
Scattered in a challenge arena are 13 pairs of matching symbols hidden under covers. One at a time, contestants will enter the field and uncover two items. If they match, they score a point for their tribe. If the items do not match, they are recovered and the next contestant takes their turn. The first tribe to score a 7 points wins reward.
Immunity Challenge: Getting Tanked
One castaway would stand at the top of a tower and pour water down five gutters held by five castaways. The water would fill a barrel, which would release a net of puzzle pieces when full. The four remaining castaways would assemble the puzzle. The first tribe to assemble their puzzle would win.
Additional stipulations: If Sabedoria wins they will receive flint.
20 castaways, divided into 2 groups are walking though the dense forest of Fenando De Noronha Brazil each with one goal in mind. Outlast the rest to claim the title of sole survivor and the million dollar prize. Each group has been randomly chosen and while they are not in their tribes yet first impressions are already forming.
|“||I'm just looking around these people. I see a guy with blueish greenish colored hair and think what the f*** kind of guy is that. I also see an old lady who look pissed to be here.||”|
|“||Looking around, I think I hate that guy with a red hat, the guy in grey, that old lady with a cowgirl hat I hate as well.||”|
|“||I'm looking at these people and this blond girl is just looking every which way like a human bobble head. I'm expecting a crazy play from her.||”|
|“||I see all these young ones and I know I need to watch out for them. This blond girl though really has me curious.||”|
Both groups walks through until they arrive at a beach with Jeff standing.
|“||Welcome to Survivor: Brazil. Take a good look around. There are 20 of you here now and in 39 days only 2 of you will be left. You must adapt quickly or else you will be voted out. We will now divide into our tribes. I want those of you who are 35 and young on the left and 36 and older on the right.||”|
Everyone moves to their spot.
|“||These are your tribes. The younger will be Juventude represented in maroon.||”|
Jeff throws a bag of buff to Jordan.
|“||The older will be Sabedoria represented in orange.||”|
Jeff throws a bag of buffs to Cody.
|“||Here are you maps to your camps. Head out.||”|
Jeff throws a map to each group. The tribes then head towards their camps.
The tribe arrives at camp.
- Well I think we should a introduce ourselves. I'm D-Lamm.- D-Lamm
- My name is Cody.- Cody
- You can all call me Suz.- Suz
- I'm Kyle.- Kyle
- I'm Devin. Nice to meet you.- Devin
- I'm Ruth.- Ruth
- The name is Leo.- Leo
- I go by JJ.- JJ
- I'm Kelly.- Kelly
- I'm Karen- Karen
- Well now we have all gotten to know each other. I think we should start working on the shelter.- Cody
- Who made you boss? Clown.- Suz
- It's Cody and I'm just making a suggestion.- Cody
- I think it is a great idea.- Leo
- Okay. We will work on the shelter and then work on a fire.- D-Lamm
Everyone heads off to gather stuff to make a shelter.
|“||Suz really looks pissed at something. She called me a clown. I'm not a clown. I am a police consultant.||”|
The tribe arrive camp.
- WHOOO. Let the game begin. Let's start on a shelter.- Yul
- Shouldn't we introduce ourselves first.- Jordan
- That sounds like a good idea.- Jefember
- I'll start. I'm Andrew.- Andrew
- I'm Jordan.- Jordan
- My friends call me Goliath.- Goliath
- I'm Callie.- Callie
- My name's Emilie.- Emilie
- I'm Yul.- Yul
- Why do you have an Asian name?- Jefember
- What just cause I'm black I can't have the name Yul?- Yul
- I'm not saying that I just find it wierd.- Jefember
- Well why don't go next mister racist?- Yul
- My name is Jefember.- Jefember
- What the f***. You are making fun of my name and you have a calender reject name.- Yul
- It's just a name.- Jefember
- Exactly. So quit talking about people's names until you get a better one. Blond chick, you can be next.- Yul
- I'm Leann.- Leann
Jefember chuckles a little.
- What was that calender reject? Did you just laugh at his name? I'm sure that's only a nickname unlike yours.- Yul
- It is. My full name is Kyle Brown. My ex started calling me Brownie a lot around my friends and after we broke up it still stuck.- Brownie
- See. It was a nickname from a girl.- Yul
- Whatever. Can we start on the shelter?- Jefember
- Sure.- Andrew
Everyone heads off into the woods to gather material for the shelter.
|“||I like Yul. He is playing a bit interesting. It will be harder to read his cards if I'm not with him.||”|
Yul and Andrew are walking the forest gathering material.
- Hey Yul.- Andrew
- What's up?- Yul
- What do you think about me and you forming an alliance together. We can then bring in a few other people.- Andrew
- Yeah. That's what's up. I'm in as long as we take out Jefember.- Yul
- Sounds good. I think Jefember is getting on people's nerves already.- Andrew
- Yeah he is.- Yul
Cody, D-Lamm, Kyle and Ruth are working on the shelter while Devin, Leo, Karen, and Kelly are gathering more material with Suz and JJ are trying to make a fire.
- What do you guys think of Suz?- Cody
- She always looks mad at something.- Ruth
- Big time but think on Leo. Every time he comes back he has less than the other three.- D-Lamm
- I know but what would we rather keep around?- Cody
- I would keep Suz if she did stuff.- Kyle
- Hey clown man, I got your fire started.- Suz
- Like that.- Kyle
Cody, Kyle, D-Lamm, and Ruth turn around to see Suz has made a good solid fire with JJ just staring.
- Looks like we got a fire now.- Ruth
- I hate making fires.- Suz
- Well you did good on making one. I blinked and missed it.- JJ
- Well now that we have a fire we can cook some of the rice.- Cody
- I'll do it.- Suz
Leo, Devin, Karen and Kelly come out from the woods.
- Here is the last of what we need. Should I start to try to make a fire.- Leo
- Suz already made one.- D-Lamm
- Nice.- Devin
- I know.- Cody
- Well let's start making rice.- Kelly
- I'll do it.- Karen
- I already started.- Suz
- Then what can we do?- Leo
- Help me put the last of this crap on the shelter.- Cody
|“||While we are gone Suz becomes superwomen over here. She made a fire, she is cooking, what's next she single handedly wins the challenge for us.||”|
Leo and Cody put up the last of the shelter material while Suz cooks the rice. When Suz is done the tribe enjoys.
Andrew, Yul, Brownie, and Leann are setting up the shelter. Jefember is trying to make a fire while Emilie is looking for firewood. Goliath, Courtney, Jordan and Callie are gathering material for the shelter as well as some food.
- Brownie, Leann, Andrew and I were thinking. Let's form an alliance, take out Jefember and then take the game. Are you two in?- Yul
- I'm in.- Brownie
- Well, I guess I'm in.- Leann
- Cool.- Andrew
- Okay. Let's get us a name.- Yul
- How about Ngo alliance?- Andrew
- What the f***?- Yul
- Explain that please cause I'm confused- Leann
- We will call our alliance ngo alliance. When people ask us if we are in an alliance we reply we are in ngo alliance. It sounds as if we aren't in one but in truth we are.- Andrew
- That is smart. Then they will tell us their plan of action.- Yul
- That is smart.- Brownie
- Yeah.- Leann
- Yo, Jefember.- Yul
- What?- Jefember
- How is that fire going?- Yul
- I can't get it started.- Jefemeber
- Well you better hurry.- Yul
Emilie comes out with a handful of sticks. Goliath comes from the woods with a bundle of bananas and he is followed by Coutrney, Jordan and Callie carrying shelter material.
- I brought bananas to eat with the rice.- Goliath
- No rice yet.- Andrew
- Why not?- Callie
- Jefember can't make a fire.- Yul
- Seriously?- Goliath
- He's right. I would help him but he doesn't want any.- Leann
- I will get this fire going myself.- Jefember
- If you want help we are all here.- Brownie
- I guess we will just eat the bananas.- Courtney
|“||It's not that I don't want the help. I want to show I can do something because I already got off on the wrong foot.||”|
Goliath passes out bananas to everyone including Jefember who just set his on the ground before going back to the fire.
Jefember is still working on the fire. Leann gets up and goes over to him.
- Hey, take a break.- Leann
- I can't.- Jefmeber
- Yes you can. Here eat the banana from earlier.- Leann
- I'll eat when I'm done.- Jefember
- You will be more energized if you eat.- Leann
- Fine. I'll eat.- Jefember
- Thanks.- Leann
Jefember starts eating the banana.
Leann walks back to the shelter while Jefember finishes eating before getting back to work.
|“||Jefember is working really hard at trying to make the fire. I hope he goes to sleep a little bit though because he will need it. This game is kind of crazy.||”|
Cody, Suz, Ruth, and D-Lamm are hanging around the shelter.
- Hey guys. I was thinking. Leo is getting more and more useless.- Cody
- What are you suggesting?- D-Lamm
- Take him out.- Suz
- What?- Ruth
- Exactly Suz. We may have to vote him.- Cody
- Eliminating him is becoming our only option.- Suz
- I guess.- Ruth
- Let's focus on winning the challenges first.- D-Lamm
- We'll lose one for sure.- Suz
- Now you guys are talking about Leo but he tries his absolute hardest compared to Karen.- Ruth
- You're right. We have to look at all sides of things.- Cody
- He is getting exhausted.- Suz
- That's what I think. He was working his butt off at the start.- Ruth
- It's a lot to think about but ultimately D-Lamm is right let's not focus too much on this just yet.- Cody
- I agree.- Suz
- I'm going to head to the beach to talk with the people down there.- Cody
- Have fun.- D-Lamm
- Later Cody.- Suz
Cody heads off down to the beach to talk to Kelly, Kyle and JJ.
|“||Suz has sort of lightened up a bit on the I hate everything front and she is great to work with if you can figure out what she is saying.||”|
|“||Suz is improving great. We had a good conversation without her once calling Cody a clown. She even called him by his name.||”|
Jefemeber is still working on trying to make a fire with no success. Yul, Goliath, and Emilie are sitting around the shelter while the others are at the beach.
- Come on dude. Get the fire going.- Yul
- I have been trying all night.- Jefember
- Well obviously either you aren't trying hard enough or you just suck at it.- Yul
- We can't eat just bananas all the time.- Goliath
- I want some rice already.- Emilie
- Alright. I'm tired of this. Move over I'm making the fire.- Yul
- I told you I've got this.- Jefember
- Yeah, if you had it then we would have a fire already and be eating rice.- Yul
- Sorry I'm not speedy gonzales over here.- Jefember
- We know that. You are slow at making a fire or just suck.- Yul
Andrew, Leann, and Brownie come up from the beach.
- What's going on?- Andrew
- Jefember still hasn't made a fire.- Goliath
- He is gone first time we go to tribal and then anyone who doesn't want to be here can go next.- Yul
- I think everyone wants to be here.- Brownie
- Jefember, can you please hurry on the fire or ask for help?- Emilie
- I'm not asking for help.- Jefember
- You should probably get a little bit of rest.- Leann
- I agree.- Andrew
- Great. Let him rest while we have no fire.- Yul
Jefember hops in the shelter and lays down.
- I'm making the fire.- Yul
- Let's just let Jefember make it so he feels like a part of the tribe.- Emilie
- Fine. We will wait for Jefember.- Yul
|“||We are on day 2 and still no fire because Jefember has to be the one to make it. I could make it easily at any time.||”|
Both tribes arrive at a field location.
|“||Welcome to today's reward challenge. For today's challenge you will take turns picking and revealing two covered symbols. If they match you score a point for your tribe. If you are wrong they will be recovered. There are 13 pairs but 30 covered symbols meaning 4 symbols don't match anything. The first tribe to 7 wins reward. Want to know what you are playing for?||”|
|“||The winning tribe will get fire in the form of flint. I'll give you a minute to strategize and we will get started.||”|
After everyone is in their spots.
|“||Alright. Because Sabedoria is the older tribe we will let them go first.||”|
Cody walks up reveals an infinity sign and then a monkey."
Jeff, "Infinity and a monkey. No match. Brownie, you're up."
Brownie walks up and reveals the alpha letter then another alpha letter.
Jeff, "That's two alpha letters. Brownie scores a point for Juventude. D-Lamm, you're up."
D-Lamm walks up and reveals two EJP signs."
Jeff, "D-Lamm matches. We are tied at one a piece. Jefember, you're up."
Jefember walks up and reveals a fire sign and a calender sign.
Jeff, "No match from Jefember. Leo, you're up."
Leo walks up and reveals a monkey and an infinity sign.
Cody, "He just picked the same ones I did."
Jeff, "No match for Leo. Andrew, you're up."
Andrew walks up and reveals two yin yang symbols."
Jeff, "Andrew matches. Juventude is leading 2-1. Kyle, you're up."
Kyle walks up and reveal a turtle sign then a monkey sign."
Jeff, "No match. Yul, you're up."
Yul walks up and reveals the two monkey signs.
Jeff, "Yul scores a point for Jventude. Suz you're up."
Suz walks up and reveals two radioactive symbols.
Jeff, "Suz scores a point for Sabedoria. Juventude is leading 3-2. Jordan, you're up."
Jordan walks up and reveals two fire symbols.
Jeff "Jordan scores a point. Juventude leads 4-2. Kelly, you're up."
Kelly walks up and uncovers a gavel picture and an apple picture.
Jeff, "No match. Goliath, you're up."
Goliath walks up and uncovers 2 rock signs."
Jeff, "Goliath scores a point. Juventude leads 5-2. Devin, you're up."
Devin walks up and uncovers a horse picture and an apple picture.
Jeff "No match. Emilie, you're up."
Emilie walks up and uncovers the two apple."
Jeff, "Emilie scores. Juventude only needs one more match. JJ you're up."
JJ walks up and reveals a wet floor picture and an infinity sign.
Jeff, "No match. Callie you're up."
Callie walks up and reveals the two infinity signs.
|“||Callie score. Juventude wins reward.||”|
After everyone is back on the mats.
|“||Juventude, Congrats on winning the reward. Come and get it. Sabedoria, I have nothing for you. Grab you're stuff and head back to camp.||”|
The tribe arrives back at camp following their win.
Yul tosses Jefember the flint.
- Alright. I'll make it as fast as I can.- Jefember
- Hurry. I'm starving over here.- Courtney
- Yeah. We can't just be eating bananas the whole time.- Yul
- We will help you if you want it.- Andrew
- If he wants it?- Jordan
- Yeah.- Andrew
- We all know he needs it.- Goliath
- Okay. I get it. I can't make a fire.- Jefember
Jefember continues trying to make the fire with no success.
- Can we get this boy some matches already?- Yul
- This is getting ridiculous.- Callie
- I didn't think it was possible for some one to be this bad at making a fire.- Andrew
- I'll go more bananas since that's what looks like will be on the menu.- Goliath
- I'll go with you.- Courtney
- No. We are fine. Jefember move over.- Yul
- No.- Jefember
- Move the f*** over.- Yul
Yull pushes Jefember out of the way, grabs the flint and machete then starts making the fire. With in minutes Yul has it lit.
- That's how you do it.- Yul
- Oh good.- Leann
- Let's make the rice.- Goliath
- I'll help.- Andrew
- Jefember will stay back cause then we won't have it made until tomorrow.- Yul
- Whatever dude.- Jefemeber
|“||We finally have fire after Yul pushed Jefember out of the way. I am glad because we can now eat rice. We can also have beans later.||”|
Devin, JJ, and Suz are up and out of the shelter.
- I still can't believe Leo today.- Devin
- The dude flat out didn't try.- JJ
- He picked the same ones Cody had picked.- Suz
- I know. I don't want to be mean but he has got to go if he keeps doing that.- Devin
- But he is much stronger than Karen.- JJ
- It comes down to what do we want to keep around.- Suz
- I agree. Karen or Leo.- JJ
- I'm not sure. There is a lot to think about.- Devin
- We don't have a whole lot of time to just be thinking. We need action. We need strength.- JJ
|“||As the days go on we have to talk more and more on who we are to vote out. I can't be going into a tribal thinking who is the one getting the boot. I need to be sure this person is going and if that doesn't happen then a blindside happened. Not going in and be like I think it's you tonight.||”|
Both tribes arrive at a field location.
|“||Welcome to today's immunity challenge. For today's challenge, one person from each tribe will pour buckets of water down five gutters being held by five other tribe members and into a barrel. When the barrel is filled high enough it will release a net of puzzle pieces. The remaining tribe members will use the puzzle pieces to solve a puzzle. The first tribe to solve the puzzle wins immunity. Losers, will see me tonight at tribal council where somebody will be the first person voted out of this game. I'll give you a minute to strategize and we will get started.||”|
After everyone is in their spots.
|“||Alright, poring water for Juventude is Leann. Pouring for Sabedoria is Leo. Goliath, Jordan, Emilie, Callie and Courtney are holding the gutters for Jventude against JJ, Devin, Kyle, Kelly, and Ruth. Leaving Andrew, Yul, Jefember, and Brownie on the puzzle for Juventude against Suz, Cody, Karen and D-Lamm. Survivors ready...Go.||”|
Leann and Leo begin pouring water for their tribe. Juventude with a zigzag pattern going and Sabedoria with a straight path.
Jeff, "Both tribes have a completely different approach.
JJ, "Keep going Leo."
Callie, "Keep up the pace Leann."
Jeff, "Juventude is a quarter way there but Sabedoria is not far behind."
Leo and Leann continue grabbing a pouring water. Leo goes faster but spills a lot while Leann goes slower keeping all the water from every bucket.
Jeff "Sabedoria just passes Juventude. Their bucket is now at the half way point."
Goliath, "Leann, hurry up."
Emilie "You can go faster."
JJ "Leo, just keep doing what you are doing."
Jeff "Sabedoria quickly getting ahead of Juventude. Juventude is not giving up and are not too far behind."
Ruth, "Keep it up Leo we are almost done."
Goliath, "Keep it up Leann."
Sabedoria's bucket fills up releasing the pieces. Juventude's pieces fall shortly after.
Jeff, "Both tribes have their pieces they can start working on the puzzle."
Jefember, "Let me do this. I can solve it easily."
Yul, "Like you made the fire easily."
Suz, "That goes there. That one over there."
Cody, "This piece goes here."
Jeff, "Sabedoria is quickly going through the puzzle. Juventude is falling behind."
Andrew, "Guys we can't be fighting."
Jefember, "Tell that to Yul."
Yul, "I want to win and why we put you here I don't know."
D-Lamm, "That piece is here."
Suz, "Bring this one here. That one there."
Jeff, "Sabedoria is almost done with the puzzle. Juventude is barely getting going."
Yul, "I'm doing this. Watch how I do it."
Yul takes control of solving the puzzle but however is too late as Suz places in the last piece on their puzzle.
|“||Sabedoria think they have it. They do. Sabedoria wins immunity.||”|
After everyone is back on the mats.
|“||Sabedoria, come and get it. You guys will be safe tonight. Juventude, I will see you tonight where somebody will be the first person voted out of this game. Grab your stuff and head back to camp.||”|
Suz walks up and grabs the idol before everyone heads back to camp.
The tribe arrives back at camp following their win.
- Congrats everyone.- Cody
- That's how we do it.- JJ
- Let's do that again next time.- Suz
- I wish I could have done more than just pour water.- Leo
- Don't be so down Leo. We won. Let the young ones worry about who should go because none of us will.- Ruth
- Yeah.- JJ
- Cheer up. Let's celebrate.- Kyle
- Okay but I want to do more at the next one.- Leo
- That's fine.- Cody
- I say whoever is the best fit for it.- Kelly
- Exactly. Let's rest up, celebrate and do again next time.- JJ
- Big time.- D-Lamm
|“||Leo is upset that we had him pour the water. Are you serious? That was one of the most important jobs in the challenge and you want to complain. Be happy we didn't have you stand there while we did the puzzle.||”|
Everyone is hanging around the shelter.
- Seriously Yul?- Jefember
- I could have had that if you didn't try to mess it up.- Yul
- There is one thing I have been good at and they are puzzles.- Jefember
- I could have gotten that as well.- Andrew
- We need to work together on the challenges not be fighting on who will do it.- Goliath
- We can not afford to be losing the challenges like that.- Brownie
- Well tell that to Yul.- Jefember
- I can work with people that respect me. You are gone unless somebody doesn't want to be here.- Yul
- After this vote we need to work together. Not be fighting like this at every minute on every thing.- Jordan
- I'm good that.- Jefember
- Who cares what you are good with?- Yul
- I think this tribal will be good for us.- Andrew
- I agree. Yul can go tonight.- Jefember
- I'm not going anywhere.- Yul
- Well I think you should.- Jefember
- Can we please get along?- Leann
- I can't get along with him.- Jefember
- "Well good because you won't have to see me for long.- Yul
The tribe arrives at tribal.
|“||Take a torch, dip it in the fire and take a seat. In this game, fire represents life. When your fire is gone, so are you as will be the case for one of you.||”|
The tribe each grab a torch and dip them in the fire. They then place their torches behind them before taking a seat.
- Andrew, What happened at today's challenge today?- Jeff Probst
- We were doing good keeping up the pace but then when we got to the puzzle Jefember and Yul started arguing about who will do the puzzle instead of working together.- Andrew
- I said earlier. I can not work with Yul. I just can not stand him.- Jefember
- Well I can't stand you. You have absolutely no respect for me.- Yul
- You don't have respect for me either.- Jefember
- I had it and you lost it day one.- Yul
- "Why because I made fun of your name? I'm sorry.- Jefember
- Oh well thank you. You are still going though.- Yul
- Jefember, explain what happened on day one.- Jeff Probst
- When we started introducing ourselves, I made a note that Yul's name was asian and he overreacted.- Jefember
- And then you laughed at Brownie's name when you have that calender reject name.- Yul
- Well do you want to give me a better name then?- Jefember
- It don't matter cause you will be gone after this.- Yul
- It has been like this all day. We even had problems when Jefember couldn't make the fire.- Goliath
- I tried my best on that.- Jefember
- We all tried to help you but you pushed everyone away.- Yul
- I should have asked for help but I figured you would just laugh at me.- Jefember
- Leann, you are just in awe of this. What are you thinking?- Jeff Probst
- I'm just so surprised on how crazy this game is. I can't figure out why my friend loves it but she does.- Leann
- Your friend?- Brownie
- Yeah, my friend wanted to be here but got onto another show that she applied to be on and I thought it would be fun so I took her place here.- Leann
- What the f***? You mean to telling us that you were not the original person to be here.- Yul
- Yeah. This game is crazy though.- Leann
Everyone just stops talking and just looks at each other.
- Um. Should we just vote now.- Jordan
- To break the silence that has just occurred, it is time to vote. Callie, you're up first.- Jeff Probst
Callie walks over to the urn, places her vote and walks back. She is followed by the rest of the tribe ending with Courtney.
|“||I'll go tally the votes.||”|
Jeff walks over to the urn, grabs it and walks back.
|“||Once the votes have been read the decision is final. Person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.||”|
Leann...2 votes Leann, 1 vote Jefember
Leann...3 votes Leann, 1 vote Jefember
Leann...4 votes Leann, 1 vote Jefember
Leann...5 votes Leann, 1 vote Jefember, 4 votes left
|“||First person voted out of Survivor: Brazil...Leann. You need to bring me your torch.||”|
Leann gets up, grabs her torch and walks up to Jeff.
Jeff, "Leann, the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go."
Leann walks out of tribal and into the night.
|“||In what looked like one person was for sure going home quickly turned around by a simple comment. You guys need to work together or else I will see you over and over again. Grab your stuff and head back to camp. Good night.||”|
Leann (9 votes)
Andrew, Brownie, Callie, Courtney, Emilie, Goliath, Jefember, Jordan, Yul
Jefember (1 votes)
|“||You should have just stayed quiet.||”|
|“||I think you just saved me.||”|
|“||So I think this is still the vote tonight.||”|
|“||Well I guess I'm out. I don't know how my girl loves this game cause it's kind of crazy. Oh well, what can you do now?||”|
Still in the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
Jefember and Yul try to put their differences aside and Leo tries to prove himself.
The title was said by Yul after Jefember commented on Yul's name.