|Next||Too Close To Fail|
This is the penultimate episode of Survivor: Portugal.
Previously On Survivor...
Rose and Dover were all alone and in a last-ditch effort, tried to flip it against Chip, but failed and Rose was voted out, leaving Dover all alone, and it was looking like Chip, Joel, and Skylar were going to take over the game. But Casey and Carmen saw through this and tried to flip against them. They earned Dover's trust when Chip denied him any request to join an alliance during a reward trip.
At the immunity challenge, Dover outlasted Chip to win immunity once again, and got to survive another three days. The group of six was now split evenly, but at Tribal Council, Chip played his idol and Casey left. Five remain, who will leave next?
Reward Challenge: Pegatory Knockout
The castaways must dig until they find a wooden peg which they will use to navigate a maze. After completing the table maze, the castaways use the handle to smash a tile. Under the tile was a bag of puzzle pieces, which they must put together. The first person to finish the puzzle wins reward.
Reward: A trip to a Portugese village with a feast.
Winner: Joel (Shared with Chip and Skylar)
Immunity Challenge: Second Chances
The final five will compete in an obstacle course consistent of parts of past challenges that were held throughout the season. First person to finish the course wins immunity.
After Tribal Council, the final five of the Vencedor tribe return to camp, tired but hopeful of the final six days of the game, except for Carmen and Dover, who are on the outs.
|“||Right now, I can only hope that my single ally, Dover, doesn't win immunity, or I am screwed. The other three will never budge from their pact and will go to the final three. I don't know what else I can do, but I can try my hardest and I will fight to the finals.||”|
The final five go to sleep and get ready for the next challenge.
The castaways arrive at the challenge arena for their final reward challenge.
- For today's challenge, you will first dig up a buried peg from the pit behind your starting mat. Then, you will navigate the peg through the table maze until you reach the end. You will use the peg and smash the tile, giving you puzzle pieces. The first one to finish wins reward, which is a trip to a Portuguese village with a feast included by the locals.- Jeff
- Cool.- Joel
- We'll draw for spots.- Jeff
The five contestants pick spots and stand on their mats. The challenge begins and they turn around and start digging through the pit to get the peg. Chip finds his peg quickly and begins the table maze, followed by Dover, Joel, and Carmen. Chip is about halfway through his maze when Skylar finds her peg and begins the maze. Chip begins to slow down as he gets lost, and Dover and Joel take the lead from Chip. Soon, Carmen has also caught up with Chip. Joel finishes the table maze first and smashes his tile, releasing his pieces. Joel begins the puzzle and Dover finishes the maze and gets his pieces. The puzzle, the logo of the season, is quickly being put together by Joel. Dover is trying to catch up, but Joel is putting together the final pieces. Carmen just finishes the maze and is starting the puzzle when Joel finishes the puzzle.
- Joel wins reward! Joel, congratulations. Well, now you get to bring two more members of your tribe along for the reward! Who will you bring.- Jeff
- I will bring Chip and Skylar to join me.- Joel
- Thanks!- Chip
- Chip, Joel, and Skylar, a boat is waiting for you to take you to your reward. Carmen and Dover, I got nothing for you. Head back to camp.- Jeff
The two return to camp as the other three get taken by boat to their faraway reward. Soon, they get to the village and are greeted by the locals with open arms and are brought to the main square and a table filled with Portuguese foods are lined up. They all sit down and enjoy their feast while a group of locals perform in front of them. When it all ends, the three begin to talk about the other two in the game.
- Carmen and Dover are becoming really dangerous. Especially Dover, we need to beat him in the next challenge.- Joel
- Exactly. Maybe we can get him to throw the challenge so I could win.- Chip
- We can definitely talk to him about it, but let me and Joel go make the deal.- Skylar
- Yeah, Dover will never believe it if you're trying to tell him.- Joel
- Fine, I agree.- Chip
|“||Dover...well, he thinks he is "destiny-driven" to go all the way by just winning immunity. Well, if he is convinced that giving up immunity is best to get on the good with us, then good for him, and good for us.||”|
Carmen and Dover, both back at camp, discuss their current standing and what plan they could have next.
- We need to convince Joel that he is not going to the final tribal if Chip and Skylar are with him.- Carmen
- Exactly, but how.- Dover
- Show him that the two are inseparable, and we might convince them.- Carmen
- It's our last shot.- Dover
- Let's do it.- Carmen
The two get more fruits and other foods before ending the day.
The next day, Joel and Skylar talk to Dover about throwing the immunity challenge.
- So, we have a deal for you.- Joel
- So, now you guys want to work with me.- Dover
- That was Chip, he...jumps to conclusions sometimes.- Skylar
- Whatever. What do you guys want?- Dover
- If you throw the immunity challenge tomorrow, we'll keep you over Carmen.- Skylar
- But, if I just win the challenge you will vote out Carmen anyway. Why bother?- Dover
- You need to gain the trust of Chip, and if he somehow makes jury, you might get his vote.- Joel
- Yeah, you might get Rose's vote, but you can't win Survivor by going on an immunity run.- Skylar
- I guess we'll just have to see. Maybe.- Dover
|“||Who do they think I am, Erik? I'm not gonna just throw the challenge to be voted out that night. I'm not that stupid.||”|
Skylar leaves and Dover asks to talk to Joel.
- Hey, can we talk about your "alliance".- Dover
- Yeah, what do you want to talk about.- Joel
- Look, you are not gonna get to the final tribal if your in the final three with Chip and Skylar. They will take each other to the end.- Dover
- So, what should I do?- Joel
- Side with us and vote out Skylar the next tribal.- Dover
- I like this plan.- Joel
The two split off. Joel goes off to Chip.
- Hey. Look, if we get to the final three together, we need to be a final two. Skylar is too smart.- Joel
- Why, Skylar is cool.- Chip
- And that's it. She probably is playing you. She'll take you to the end and is looked at as the brains of the group. Then, she wins.- Joel
- You're right. We probably have to take her out.- Chip
- Agreed.- Joel
|“||I really think Joel is becoming to aware to play the game. Skylar always comes to me for her plans and she will. Me and her will go to the end after taking Dover and Carmen out.||”|
The final five return to the challenge arena for the final five immunity challenge.
- First of all, I will like to take that back Dover.- Jeff
- Not for long.- Dover
- For today's challenge, you will go back through past challenges in an obstacle course. For the first part, you will be tied with your hands behind your back and your legs tied. Once you untie yourself, you will run through a small glass tunnel without falling into the water below, using the ropes to get to the other side. You will then have to hook three pieces of track to pull a chest along to the next obstacle. You will then toss sandbags to break three tiles. Once you smash all three tiles, a bigger rock will smash the tile at the end, releasing puzzle pieces. You will have to solve a puzzle of the logo of the season with words "Final Four" underneath. First one to solve the puzzle wins immunity. Let's draw for spots.- Jeff
Everyone draws for spots and are soon tied. Jeff begins the challenge and everyone starts working on their knots. After a couple minutes, Dover and Skylar soon release their hands and start working on their feet. Chip soon follows right after, and so does Carmen. Skylar releases her feet first and starts running for the tunnel. Dover unties his feet and goes for the tunnel right after. Joel releases his hands but is slowing. Chip and Carmen release their feet and are at the tunnel. Skylar and Dover are almost neck and neck when Skylar slips and falls into the water. Carmen and Chip overpass her but she quickly gets out and starts the course again. Dover crosses through the tunnel and is at the chest pulling. Joel releases his feet and is on the tunnel. Carmen exits the tunnel and Chip follows right after. Dover hooks his first track and begins to pull the chest to the next area. Carmen hooks her first track when Skylar finishes the tunnel. Chip hooks his first track as Dover hooks his second track. Carmen and Chip hook their second track as Skylar hooks his first track. Joel, meanwhile, falls in the tunnel and has to start the rope course again. Dover, Carmen, and Chip all hook their third tracks and pull their chest across the part, and move on to the sandbag toss. Skylar hooks her second track as Dover smashes his first tile. Joel finally makes it across the rope course and moves on to the third part, but is tiring. Chip smashes his first tile as Skylar hooks her third track and is moving the chest along. Carmen smashes her first tile and Dover smashes his second one. Chip smashes his second tile as Joel hooks his first track. Dover smashes his final tile and Skylar hits her first one. Dover's pieces drop as he begins the puzzle. Carmen lands her second tile and Chip smashes his third tile and moves on to the puzzle. Joel hooks his second track. Carmen releases her pieces and moves on to the puzzle. But Dover is almost done with his puzzle, while Chip is stuck. Soon, in a couple seconds, Dover puts the last piece in and finishes the puzzle.
- Dover wins immunity!- Jeff
- Yes!- Dover
- Dover, tonight, you have a one-in-four shot of making it to the the end and winning. For the other four, you have the rest of the day to decide who is going to be voted out tonight.- Jeff
The final five return to camp from the challenge. Joel, Chip, and Skylar meet up for the discussion on the vote off.
- We all agree, it's Carmen tonight?- Chip
- Yes, it's the best move.- Skylar
- Yeah.- Joel
- Okay, let's do it.- Chip
That night, the Vencedor tribe comes to Tribal Council. They place their torches behind them and watch the jury members come in. Cooper, Ralphie, Rose, and Casey come in and sit down. Casey is wearing a black T-shirt and brown shorts.
- Intorducing the members of the jury. Cooper, Ralphie, Rose, and Casey, voted out at the last tribal council. Chip, what happened?- Jeff
- Carmen and Casey didn't like their position and tried to flip against us. I had an idol and negated the votes to create a tie that might have sent me home.- Chip
- Carmen, is this true?- Jeff
- Yeah, it's true. Those three are inseparable. We need to break them.- Carmen
- Okay. Dover, congratulations on immunity. Do you think you needed it.- Jeff
- Um, yeah. I was asked for an offer by some two people that I should throw the immunity challenge. But I wasn't stupid. I know I need immunity to get to the end.- Dover
- And who were these two people?- Jeff
- Skylar and Joel. They came back from the reward and told me this plan.- Dover
- Skylar, why try and have Dover throw the challenge?- Jeff
- We promised him final four without the immunity to gain our trust and possibly get in good with the jurors.- Skylar
- But then at final four when I lose you vote me out. It's useless to try and side with you guys.- Dover
- Okay, with that, it's time to vote. Dover, you're first.- Jeff
One by one, the five castaways go to vote. Jeff then counts the votes and returns with the urn.
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and would like to play it, now would be the time to do so...okay. Person with the highest amount of votes will be asked to leave the tribal council immediately. First vote...Carmen. Second vote, Skylar. Carmen. Skylar. That's two votes Carmen, two votes Skylar, one vote left. Final vote....twelfth person voted out of Survivor: Portugal and the fifth member of the jury...
- That sucks.- Carmen
- Carmen, the time has spoken.- Jeff
- Good luck Dover and Joel.- Carmen
- Well, it seems that Dover, you are still in the minority. Will the underdog triumph, or the alliance from the beginning make it to the end. Good night, you can head back to camp.- Jeff
The final four grab their torches and return to camp.
|Tribal Council 12:|
Carmen (3 votes)
Chip, Joel, Skylar
Skylar (2 votes)
|“||This is probably my last stand but it's a chance I would like to take.||”|
|“||Good bye, you caused trouble ever since you sided with Brady.||”|
|“||Skylar, you are a threat, and you need to go. Hope Joel follows.||”|
|“||Carmen, I can't trust you, and I have made my ties with them longer then you.||”|
|“||Carmen, sorry. Dover should have thrown the challenge.||”|
|“||I really wish since I almost made it to the end. I wish that Joel went with us but obviously he has prior alliances. I hope Skylar and Chip get their karma handed to them.||”|
Still in the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- Only four remain:
- Chip, the original leader.
- Dover, the underdog.
- Joel, the aware player.
- Skylar, the brains behind the operation.
- Four Castaways,
One Sole Survivor.