|"Do As I Say Or Else"|
|Season||Survivor: Ghost Island|
|Previous||It Means New Beginnings|
|Next||It's Time to Knock That Bitch Down a Peg|
Previously on Survivor...
With Shaniqua's elimination, Ashleigh became the outsider of the Marau tribe. Ashleigh knew that Xane, Colin, and Melissa wanted her out, and wasn't going whimpering, but with a bang if necessary. But, knowing the merge would be soon, Melissa, Colin, and Xane wanted to bury the hatchet with Ashleigh, to show that Marau was united and not divided. At the Totolo camp, tensions rose with Samantha and Frank arguing to the point that Frank spat on Samantha. Kenni and Rebeckah, getting tired of their ally, Frank, decided to get rid of him soon, knowing that at least five votes going his way.
On Day 22, the tribes were revealed to be merged, and a new idol to be found to replace the unfound one from Marau. The newly merged tribe named themselves Tekivu, a Fijian word meaning "new beginnings". Soon Xane's and Kenni's alliances decided to join up together to get rid of Samantha and her allies, as well as Frank. At their first individual immunity challenge, the castaways were to balance a statue on a long pole. Samantha won, putting a dent on the Joint Alliance's plans of getting rid of her. But they formed a back-up plan of booting Frank instead, believing him to be a liability going forward. After a series of acts to show were everyone supposedly lied, Frank was booted unanimously from the game. Nine remain, who will be voted out tonight?
Reward Challenge: Hitch-Biking
Divided into three teams castaways are to pedal a stationary bike for as long as they can, the survivors must prevent a weight (situated 20 feet from the ground) from breaking their tile. If their tile breaks or if the weight touches the tile, they are out of the challenge. Despite being a team challenge, everyone pedals individually. Last team with at least one of their tiles intact and wins reward.
Reward: A spa getaway
Winners: Melissa, Rebeckah, and Xane
Immunity Challenge: Fauxconut Bowling
The castaways would compete in a bowling tournament. The castaways would be randomly matched against another castaway and given two rolls. The castaway who knocks down the most pins moves on to the next round. The remaining castaways would compete in another round and so forth until a winner is determined.
Returning from tribal council, the entire tribe, minus Kenni, is enthusiastic about Frank leaving a few hours earlier. Kenni is nervous about what'll come.
|“||At tribal myself and Xane decided that our alliances were separate, and we dramatized that perfectly at tribal. My only concern is that Samantha. Since we didn't divide our votes, I think she thinks that one or more people flipped, and she'll go after a few members of our alliance.||”|
|“||At tribal, I found it suspicious that Frank received six votes, when he should've had three. This means a few people switched their votes. I'll recruit the weakest links of the alliances to be double agents for me, and then I'll take control of this game and they'll crown me the winner!||”|
The tribe burns a fire for the night and fall asleep for what tomorrow might bring.
The next day, the final nine are summoned to the challenge area for their first individual reward challenge. After arriving, Jeff explains the challenge.
- Welcome to your first reward challenge. Divided into three teams you are to pedal a stationary bike for as long as you can, to prevent a weight from breaking a tile. If your tile breaks or if the weight touches the tile, you're out of the challenge. Despite being a team challenge, everyone pedals individually. Last team with at least one of their tiles intact and wins reward. You guys want to know what you're playing for?- Jeff
- Yes.- Castaways
- The winning team will go to a spa getaway where they will receive spa treatment and a little feast. We'll now draw for teams.- Jeff
The nine castaways are divided into three teams. Melissa, Xane, and Rebeckah make up one team, Samantha, Colin, and Kenni make up the second, and Ashleigh, Hilbert, and Alec make up the last team. Jeff tells them to begin, and everyone starts pedalling. 20 seconds in, Kenni and Colin's weights coming down quickly, breaking their tiles, and leaving Samantha to finish. Everyone left still has their weight up high.
Elapsed Time: 10 Minutes
After ten minutes of suspending their weights, everyone is looking good Melissa and Xane still have theirs 14 feet up, Hilbert and Alec are 13 feet up, Samantha is 10 feet up, Rebeckah is 9 feet up, and Ashleigh is 7 feet up. Of the seven remaining, Ashleigh is majorly struggling to keep up the weight. She is unable to continue holding up the weight, and it comes crashing down.
Elapsed Time: 18 Minutes
After eighteen minutes, Xane, Melissa, Hilbert, and Alec are 12 feet up, Rebeckah is 8 feet up, and Samantha is 5 feet up. Samantha, realizing she's unlikely to win, decides to stop pedalling, and her weight falls, crushing her tile. Rebeckah begins to slow down as well, causing her weight to fall as well.
Elapsed Time: 32 Minutes
After thirty-two minutes, Xane, Melissa, Hilbert, and Alec have been steady, but the four are getting exhausted. Hilbert is two feet above the tile while Alec, Xane, and Melissa are three feet above their tiles. All four, exhausted, begin to slow down. Hilbert's weight touches his tile, eliminating him from the challenge. Soon after, Xane's weight touches his tile, eliminating him from the challenge, leaving Melissa and Alec continue to pedal, but become slower. Both weights are dangerously close to their tiles, but Alec's touches it first, eliminating him.
- MELISSA, REBECKAH, AND XANE WIN REWARD!- Jeff
- Yay!- Rebeckah and Melissa
- Congratulations guys, a boat will be here soon to pick you up, for everyone else, you can head back to camp.- Jeff
Samantha, Alec, Kenni, Colin, Hilbert, and Ashleigh return to camp.Meanwhile, a boat comes to pick up Melissa, Rebeckah, and Xane for their reward.
Within a half an hour, Melissa, Rebeckah, and Xane arrive to a beach with a couple of massage tables, a tin tub, a table with soaps, shampoos, creams, and other beauty products, three masseuses - one woman, two men - and a small table with food on it. The three begin their reward with a massage.
|“||Me, Melissa, and Xane had fun on the reward. No talk of strategy ensued at all. We just had fun. I even think the male masseuses took a good lookin' at Mel if you know what I mean. Hey, she is beautiful for her age.||”|
After the massage, Rebeckah and Melissa get a facial and have their nails done while Xane bathes. After Melissa and Rebeckah bathe, all three enjoy the feast laid before them.
Meanwhile at camp, Samantha plots.
|“||I have the perfect opportunity to get one person to flip to my side. Ashleigh is perfect. She was apparently on the bottom of the former Marau and Kalou tribes. She is possibly on the bottom of Kenni's alliance. I haven't talked to her yet, but she needs to be on my side.||”|
She scouts out Ashleigh, finding her alone on the beach. Samantha strikes a conversation with her.
- Oh, hey Samantha.- Ashleigh
- Ashleigh, I need to talk with you seriously for a moment. Since I figure that you're most likely in the bottom of your alliance, how would you like to work with me, Alec, and Hilbert?- Samantha
- Thanks for the offer, but I think you're misinformed. I'm in a good spot in my alliance.- Ashleigh
- I didn't want to do this, but you're going to do as I say or else: *whispers in Ashleigh's ear*- Samantha
- You wouldn't.- Ashleigh
- I will.- Samantha
Samantha leaves Ashleigh at the beach, who is disgusted with Samantha's tactics.
|“||I was just disgusted with Samantha. She's threatening me with a secret of mine. I can't believe someone is that low to do such a thing. But another thing is lingering in the back of my mind. How does she know that. We aren't allowed to communicate with each other pregame, so how in the hell does she know this?||”|
Ashleigh leaves the beach to find Hilbert and Alec. She finds them in the jungle chopping down a couple of trees.
- Hey guys, can I talk to you for a minute?- Ashleigh
- Yeah, sure.- Alec
- Well Samantha talked to me a few minutes ago in an attempt to recruit me into your alliance. I refused and , well, she blackmailing me. I want to know is she doing the same to you, too?- Ashleigh
- Yes, she is.- Hilbert
- Honestly, he hate her so much like you wouldn't believe.- Alec
- Do you guys find it odd that she knows this? We aren't allowed to communicate preproduction, and I have no idea where she got that information.- Ashleigh
- That is suspicious. Let's check her belongings she bound to have it there.- Hilbert
The three head to camp, looking for Samantha's bag. They find the bag hanging off the shelter, and look inside it. Ashleigh reaches in and finds something rectagular and with some weight on it. She pulls it out of the bag, which the item is revealed to be a PDA. Looking through the PDA reveals files on seventeen castaways and several unknown others. They carefully put the PDA back where it was, as well as the bag, and leave the campground.
|“||That (bleep) bitch, actually bitch isn't the correct term for her, it's (bleep), but regardless, Samantha has dirt on everyone, including possible castaways and some staff. We're going to tell Jeff at tribal in a couple of days, and Samantha will lose everything.||”|
The next day, Kenni and Xane have an alliance meeting in the middle of the jungle to give them a rundown about tomorrow's vote.
- Okay, Kenni and I have brought you guys together to give you a rundown on tomorrow's vote. Kenni if you don't mind taking it away.- Xane
- Thanks, Xane. Well tomorrow, as you all know, is our next immunity challenge. Samantha is our target if she loses, but if she wins, Alec is who we vote for. Any concerns?- Kenni
- Actually, Kenni, I'd like to inform the alliance of something. Yesterday, while Xane, Melissa, and Rebeckah were at the reward, Samantha approached me. She wanted to recruit me into her alliance, I refused, but she's blackmailed me into joining her.- Ashleigh
- Oh my.- Rebeckah
- It gets worse. I talked to Hilbert and Alec about that, and both confirmed they were being blackmailed as well. Long story short, we found a PDA in Samantha's bag filled with files of myself, Hilbert, Alec, and everyone else how is or has competed this season. I going to tell Jeff at tribal tomorrow so Hilbert and Alec don't get Samantha's wrath.- Ashleigh
- Wow, just wow.- Colin
|“||I am both speechless and appalled with what Ashleigh told me. Samantha's so going to regret breaking the rules tomorrow.||”|
An hour later, Ashleigh meets with Hilbert and Alec on the rocky coast far from camp to talk.
- So have the two of you figured out what you're going to do now?- Ashleigh
- Well we're hoping to join you, Kenni, and Rebekcah.- Hilbert
- I need to tell you something.- Ashleigh
- Shoot.- Alec
- Kenni's alliance and Xane's alliance are actually one big alliance. We dramatized that the alliances were separate to get rid of Frank, as well as making sure Samantha didn't go after one of our allies.- Ashleigh
- Really?- Hilbert
- Yeah, and tomorrow Samantha is who we're voting for, but if she wins immunity, Alec, you're leaving. Just thought I'd let you guys know.- Ashleigh
|“||Ashleigh must be really stupid, because she revealed everything to me and Hilbert. Now making sure Samantha doesn't get immunity is crucial, because I don't want to play my idol tomorrow.||”|
The next day, the final nine are summoned to the challenge area for their second immunity challenge. They arrive and Jeff explains the challenge.
- Come on in guys! Before we begin, Samantha I need the necklace back.- Jeff
- Here. I'm going to miss it, however.- Samantha
- Once again immunity is back up for grabs. Also, a person who gets a strike automatically moves on. For today, it's a good old-fashioned game of bowling. For the first round, you'll be divided into three groups of three. Top two scorers from each group move onto the second round. For the second round, you'll be in two groups of three. The highest scorers of both groups move onto the final round. For the final round, simply get the highest score after two bowls and you'll win immunity. We'll draw for groups.- Jeff
The first group for the first round is Melissa, Colin, and Ashleigh. Melissa bowls first, and on her first roll knocks 7 pins down. Melissa rolls again, knocking down 2 pins, giving her a total of 9 pins. Colin is next to bowl, knocking down 5 on the first try. He rolls again, knocking 3 down, giving him a total of 8 pins. Ashleigh is last to bowl. She rolls, but gets a gutterball. Ashleigh rolls again, this time knocks down 5 pins. Melissa and Colin have the higher scores, moving on to the second round.
The second group for the first round is Samantha, Hilbert, and Xane. Samantha bowls first, knocking down five pins on the first try. On her second roll, she knocks four pins down, giving Samantha a total of 9 pins. Hilbert bowls next, knocking 6 pins on the first roll. He rolls again, knocking 4 pins, giving Hilbert a total of 10 pins. Xane bowls last, knocking 8 pins downs. He rolls again, unable to knock down a pin, giving Xane a total of 8 pins. Samantha and Hilbert move on to the second round.
The last group for the first round is Kenni, Rebeckah, and Alec. Kenni bowls first, knocking down 3 pins on the first roll. She rolls again, knocking 7 pins down, giving her a total of 10 pins. Rebeckah bowls next, knocking a single pin down. She rolls again, knocking down 4 pins, giving her a total of 5 pins. Alec bowls last, getting a strike, automatically moving him on to the next round. Kenni also moves on with Alec.
The first group for the second round is Kenni, Samantha, and Melissa. Kenni bowls first, knocking down 5 pins on the first roll. She rolls again, knocking one pin down, giving her a total of 6 pins. Samantha bowls next, knocking down seven pins on the first roll. She rolls again, knocking three pins down, giving her a total of 10 pins. Melissa bowls last, knocking down six pins on the first try. She bowls again, knocking down 2 pins, giving her a total of 8 pins. Samantha, with 10 pins, moves on to the final round.
The last group for the second round is Alec, Hilbert, and Colin. Alec bowls first, kncoking down five pins on the first try. He bowls again, knocking two pins down, giving him a total of 7 pins. Hilbert bowls next, knocking down 9 pins. He bowls again, but gets a gutterball. Hilbert has a total of 9 pins. Colin bowls last, knocking five pins down on the first try. He rolls again, knocking down the remaining five pins, giving him a total of 10 pins. Colin, with ten pins, move on to the final round.
The final round is Samantha and Colin. Colin bowls first, knocking down only 2 pins on the first roll. On his second roll, Colin is able to knock down seven pins, giving him a total of 9 pins. Samantha bowls, and amazingly gets a strike, automatically winning the round and immunity.
- SAMANTHA WINS IMMUNITY! Samantha, congratulations.- Jeff
- Thank you, Jeff.- Samantha
- Tonight, Samantha has a one-in-eight shot of winning this game. For everyone else, you have the afternoon to decide who will be leaving. You can head back to camp.- Jeff
Returning to camp, Samantha gets Hilbert, Ashleigh, and Alec together to tell them to vote Rebeckah tonight. Hilbert, Alec, and Ashleigh simply smile and nod at Samantha's decision.
|“||When we get back to camp, Samantha got Alec, Ashleigh, and myself together and said to vote Rebeckah out, which I have no idea why to target Rebeckah, but anyway, everyone is simply thinking, "Shut up and go away." Alec and I have decided on Melissa already, because socially and physically she is a threat going forward.||”|
At sunset, Tekivu heads for the tribal council area. Upon arriving, Everyone puts their torches behind them and take a seat. Danny, Shaniqua, and Frank walk in the tribal council area, and take a seat on the jury bench. Frank is wearing a a long-sleeved white and green shirt, blue denim pants, and black dress shoes.
- Introducing the members of the jury. Danny, Shaniqua, and Frank, voted out at the last tribal council. Last time we were here, there was three alliances,and three targets. Frank was a target of Samantha's alliance, and yet received double of the number of votes to be expected.- Jeff
- Well, the truth is that Kenni's alliance and my alliance were also targeting Frank.- Xane
- So, Kenni are your alliances actually working together?- Jeff
- Yes Jeff, our alliances have been working together since we merged. We dramatized the divide to avoid suspicion from Frank.- Kenni
- Samantha, hearing that, are you afraid that you're in the minority?- Jeff
- I am afraid, but I've done some convincing, Jeff. So I feel confidant that my allies will stay this round.- Samantha
- Alec and Hilbert, are you guys afraid of leaving tonight?- Jeff
- I'm nervous tonight, Jeff. I just found out I'm in the minority. Not having time to scramble to get someone else out hurts us.- Hilbert
- I'm afraid as well. I did hear my name around camp, especially if Samantha won immunity.- Alec
- Rebeckah, what's your take on the minority alliance?- Jeff
- I like Alec and Hilbert, but unfortunately they decided to side with Samantha.- Rebeckah
- Ashleigh, I see your looking pale. Is there something you need to take off your chest?- Jeff
- Yes, Jeff. A few days ago, Samantha tried to recruit me into her alliance, but I refused for obvious reasons. She didn't take it too lightly, and threatened to reveal a dark secret of mine. I found it odd she knew this, and looked around camp. I found Samantha's bag, and inside was a PDA with files on everyone playing, minus Samantha of course.- Ashleigh
- Samantha, that's a huge accusation isn't it?- Jeff
- It is, but it's false, Jeff. She wants to throw me under the bus, that's all.- Smantha
- Melissa, is there something you want to add?- Jeff
- Yes, Jeff. Ashleigh yesterday told us that story. Ashleigh may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she doesn't lie.- Melissa
- Jeff, I'd also like to add something.- Alec
- Go ahead.- Alec
- Me and Hilbert wanted to keep quiet about this, but we were with Ashleigh at the time.- Alec
- She approached us about the blackmailing thing, and we all went searching for something. The reason Ashleigh withheld us was to protect us from Samantha.- Hilbert
- Alright, I will end it there. Before we vote, Samantha do you want to give up immunity?- Jeff
- Hell (bleep) no.- Samantha
- Alright, it is time to vote. Alec, you're up.- Jeff
One by one, everyone on Tekivu votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn.
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it.- Jeff
- I was holding this for a rainy day, and to keep it from Sam, but I'm playing it tonight- Alec.
- This is a hidden immunity idol, all votes against Alec do not count. Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Alec. Does not count. Alec. Doesn't count. Next vote, Alec. We still have no votes for anyone. Alec. That's four votes Alec, all voided. Alec. Does not count. Alec. Doesn't count. Still no votes for anyone. Melissa. Next vote, Rebeckah. Tenth person voted out of Survivor: Ghost Island and the fourth member of the jury......
- I can't believe this.- Melissa
- Melissa, the tribe has spoken.- Jeff
- Alec and I are sorry, but you're the biggest threat.- Hilbert
- An unexpected idol was played, sending one of the most valued players onto the jury. How will this affect the game? Only time will tell. Also, Samantha we will be looking at that accusation, we will notify you at tomorrow's challenge. You can head back to camp. - Jeff
The Tekivu tribe leaves the tribal council area and return to camp.
|Tribal Council 10:|
Melissa (2 votes)
Alec & Hilbert
Rebeckah (1 vote)
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
Ashleigh, Colin, Kenni, Melissa, Rebeckah, & Xane
(votes not counted)
|“||Me and Hilbert find you the biggest threat, socially and physically. Plus you have a good underdog story going for you. I'm sorry.||”|
|“||Alec, I like you, and I know you weren't forced there, but I need to vote with my allies.||”|
|“||You got the bad end of a forced deal, but you're still leaving tonight.||”|
|“||Mel, don't take this personally. We think you're too strong of a player to continue.||”|
|“||Alec, you're a good guy, but tonight, you're gone.||”|
|“||You're in the minority. It's easier for everyone else if you leave.||”|
|“||Alec, I find you a great guy, and I feel bad, but you're in a bad position. Sorry.||”|
|“||Rebeckah, I simply want Kenni's power to decrease.||”|
|“||I'm sorry, but it's simply the game.||”|
|“||I was not expecting to be sitting here tonight. I was a good person on a bad tribe in the first twenty-one days, hoping to get my way to the end being the underdog everyone loves. Someone tipped Alec off that he was leaving, and I think that was Ashleigh. She is truly stupid, but she couldn't of known about the idol. I wish the remainder of my alliance the best of luck on squashing Samantha. Au revoir.||”|
Still In the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- Alec and Hilbert hope to assimilate into the Joint Alliance.
- Everyone is after Samantha's blood, but is she able to win another immunity?
- Ashleigh is called out for tipping Alec off about the vote.
- The reward challenge is a variation of the challenge used in Ian's Survivor: The Cursed Idol episode, I Don't Forgive, I Get Even and Survivor: Burma episode, Like A Plague. But the team element comes from the challenge's variation in Ian's Survivor: One World - Thailand, episode You're Giving Me a Headache.
- The immunity challenge is the same challenge used in Survivor: Samoa episode, Damage Control and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains episode, Expectations.