|"Facing the Music"|
|Previous||Get at Me!|
|Next||Not My Problem|
This is the 4th episode of Survivor: Portugal.
Previously On Survivor...
The Selva tribe started to implode from their constant conflict while the Litoral tribe grew stronger. Laurel and Celeste realized they were on the bottom of their tribes and needed to step up their game. Selva somehow won the immunity challenge, leaving Litoral to vote off Celeste, 6-1.
Reward Challenge: Pirate Attack
The tribes would be on smaller versions of pirate ships decked out with slingshots and a cannon. The ships would face side by side, and tribes would knock down all four targets that were on the ships. Meanwhile, other members would have to jump off and swim to the opposite side of the opposing tribe's ship to a floating fire pit, where they must take their fire back to load the cannon. Once all four targets are knocked out, the final target comes up, which can only be destroyed by the cannon. If that gets destroyed, the "ship" will sink, and the tribe wins.
Reward: Meets with local farmers to help farm some crops they get.
Immunity Challenge: Stuck On A Post With You
Tribe members from opposite tribes will stand on small, 3-foot-wide post, and try to knock the other person down, earning their tribe a point. First tribe to five points win.
Litoral comes back from Tribal ater voting Celeste out of the game. They all sit by the dying fire, no words were said.
|“||We need to win the next Immunity Challenge, or else...my time is possibly up.||”|
The tribe starts to go to bed, as there's no reason to sit in the darkness.
On Selva, Lukas wakes up to see Cooper tending to the fire.
- Morning.- Cooper
- Hey, why are up so early?- Lukas
- I just wanted to start the fire.- Cooper
- Oh okay.- Lukas
- Just kidding. I went searching, for an idol.- Cooper
- And...?- Lukas
- *pulls out idol* Here.- Cooper
- Holy crap.- Lukas
|“||That's pretty fricking awesome he found the idol. We can use it to our advantage.||”|
Cooper puts the idol in his shirt lying next to Julianna's bag in the shelter as Dover and Rose were waking up. the rest of the tribe eventually wakes up and gets to work doing the daily chores. Dover and Cooper stay at camp.
- We need to talk.- Dover
- About what.- Cooper
- Day 1. When me, you, and Rose made an alliance.- Dover
- Okay, what about it.- Cooper
- You have to stick with us. We can get to the merge and to the end.- Dover
- Hmm...- Cooper
|“||It seems whoever I blindside and whoever I break my bonds with they come back to try and trust me. This game really gets to you. But, who do I trust? That's always the question.||”|
The Litoral tribe wakes up in the morning and gets to work. Brady and Carmen are off getting food.
- We're screwed.- Carmen
- You're very pessimistic about this.- Brady
- Dude, we are on a six-person tribe that has a four-person alliance we are not in. What can we do.- Carmen
- Find that crack that breaks it.- Brady
- But who?- Carmen
- Chip or Joel. Actually, if we get Chip, we can get Skylar.- Brady
- Nice plan, but let's just win challenges.- Carmen
The two go back to camp.
The two tribes meet for their next reward challenge, and the Selva tribe is not surprised to see Celeste voted out. The rules are explained, and Selva sits Laurel out. Dover is working the slingshots for Selva while Brady does for Litoral. Both start firing the coconuts as the other 5 tribe members for each tribe swim for the fire pit. Brady easily takes out 3 of the targets to Dover's one. But Brady starts to have trouble with the final target, causing Dover to catch up. Meanwhile, confrontation occurs between Chip and Ralphie as both are trying to take out each other's fire. Ralphie takes out Chip's fire and continues to swim, with Chip chasing after him. Dover takes out the final target for the slingshots and the cannon one is raised. He grabs Ralphie's torch to light the first shot, which misses by a foot. Cooper and Rose come back with their torches. Dover misses his second shot but finally hits the target, sinking Litoral's ship, winning reward for Selva.
The tribes return to camp.
Back at Litoral, the tribe is disappointed in their first loss of a Reward Challenge. Chip, now along with Joel go to blame Brady for his performance with the slingshot.
- Way to go.- Chip
- What, are you blaming me for our loss!- Brady
- Yeah, you were the one that was controlling the slingshot.- Joel
- Well, you guys didn't do a good job with bringing me the torches.- Brady
- Hey, that douchebag Ralphie blocked my way.- Chip
- Sure.- Brady
- Keep up the attitude and your next.- Joel
The two leave for the jungle, leaving Casey and Skylar at camp with Brady.
- How can you guys be aligned.- Brady
- We formed while you and Carmen were sneaking off in the woods.- Casey
- But don't you see how controlling he is. He needs to go, followed by Joel.- Brady
- You're overreacting, he's just upset.- Skylar
- But I don't wanna leave.- Brady
- If we lose, we'll vote off Carmen. But I have no promises after that.- Skylar
- Thank you so much!- Brady
The three separate from the camp.
|“||Hopefully if I convince Skylar and Casey hard enough, I can stay longer, but with Carmen.||”|
At the Selva tribe, everyone is celebrating their win.
- I can't believe we won!- Julianna
- This is amazing, let's continue this streak.- Dover
- I agree, it's beneficial.- Lukas
|“||Everyone is happy now, but it's gonna end soon. Once we have to go to tribal again, all hell breaks loose. I hope we can last longer.||”|
Everyone goes to the beach except Rose to celebrate. She is putting more leaves on the shelter when she sees Cooper's shirt next to Julianna's bag. She sees something wooden sticking out of it, which is actually coming from Cooper's shirt. She realizes it's the idol and but thinks that Julianna has it, when it is actually in Cooper's possession. She goes to the beach so that nobody gets suspicious.
|“||Holy crap. Julianna has the idol. We have to get that and her out now, but how...||”|
On Day 11, the Selva tribe awakens to the two farmers coming to make their crop garden. The tribe helps where they can and soon has a little garden filled with tropic fruits and vegetables.
|“||We're all pretty chill here, and no one wants to talk about strategy. Obviously we need to win and we have a majority. But no one wants to talk right now. Unless someone trips over a rice bag. Heh heh...||”|
Rose goes to Cooper off to the side in the shelter.
- Hey, I have something to tell you.- Rose
- Yeah?- Cooper
- I think Julianna has the idol.- Rose
- What.- Cooper
- Yeah, I saw something in her bag so I think it's the idol.- Rose
- Holy crud...- Cooper
- Exactly. We need to blindside her.- Rose
|“||OH MY GOD. This is hilarious! Rose has now gotten off my back and is targeting Julianna. She could've gone to Dover or Laurel, but she told me. This is amazing.||”|
Meanwhile, Laurel starts talking to Lukas.
- Hello.- Laurel
- Hi.- Lukas
- So...what are you thinking about.- Laurel
- Nothing.- Lukas
- Can I give you something to think about?- Laurel
- What do you mean?- Lukas
- I don't trust Cooper.- Laurel
- Okay?- Lukas
- He's dangerous, honestly, he needs to get a sense of reality. He wants to control you guys.- Laurel
She walks off away from Lukas.
|“||Laurel is fighting, I like, but c'mon. She is leaving if we lose. She needs to start facing the music.||”|
At Litoral the tribe wakes up and follows their regular chores around camp. Brady and Carmen are relaxing on the beach with Skylar.
- Girl, Joel is being such an ass. Why can't you vote with us and dump him.- Carmen
- It's harder than you think.- Skylar
- How?- Carmen
- Chip is really nice, but has a thick head. He gets dead-set on a vote. It's hard to convince him.- Skylar
- Yeah...it takes awhile to get through with him.- Brady
- Well, we have to try.- Carmen
Joel walks up to the three on the beach.
- Hey. Why aren't you guys collecting any firewood.- Joel
- Because there is enough to last two seasons.- Carmen *puts on sunglasses and lays down*
- Leave us alone, there is nothing to work on.- Brady
- *sigh* You're acting pretty bitter.- Joel
- Well, I'm going, so why bother.- Carmen
- No need to be that rude, Carmen. We work as a tribe and right now, it is who is the weakest or destroying the tribe. You right now, are destroying the tribe, so you better pick up.- Joel
- Go away Joel, you're bothering all of us.- Brady
- Joel, no need to start picking fights.- Skylar
- Why are you joining their side?- Joel
Joel leaves the beach and heads back to camp.
|“||If we can have Skylar and Chip flip to our side, we can stay alive for to the merge! This is awesome!||”|
The tribes meet for the Immunity Challenge. Jeff explains the rules and gets the challenge underway, Selva sits ulianna out.
|Selva Challenger||Litoral Challenger||Winner||Notes|
|Rose||Carmen||Carmen||Jeff calls one women from each tribe to come up for the first match.|
Rose faces off Carmen. Carmen grabs Rose and pushes
her into the water, scoring Litoral a point.
|Lukas||Casey||Lukas||One guy comes up for each tribe. Lukas against Casey.|
Lukas easily overpowers Casey and sends him into the water,
giving Selva a point, tying it up.
|Laurel||Brady||Brady||Jeff calls one girl and one guy. Brady faces Laurel.|
The two quarrel for a good three minutes but Brady
edges Laurel off the post,
making the score 2-1.
|Ralphie||Chip||Chip||Two guys come up again. This time it is Ralphie versus Chip.|
The two grapple with each other, but Chip throws Ralphie off,
Ralphie almost dragging him into the water.
Score is now 3-1 in Litoral's favor.
|Dover||Skylar||Dover||A guy and a girl must go up. Dover faces off against Skylar.|
Dover takes Skylar down off the post first.
Score is 3-2, still in favor of Litoral.
|Laurel||Carmen||Carmen||Two girls must face each other again. Carmen goes up against Laurel.|
Laurel almost takes Carmen down by her shirt,
but Carmen gets up and
drags Laurel into the water. Score is 4-2.
|Lukas||Joel||Lukas||Two guys go up, Joel and Lukas.|
Lukas overpowers Joel's nimbleness and
takes him down into the water. Score is 4-3.
|Rose||Skylar||Skylar||This is the final round, as two girls go up.|
Skylar overpowers Rose and pushes her
into the water, winning for Litoral.
The tribes return to camp. At the Litoral tribe, they congratulate themselves for winning the Immunity Challenge. Carmen and Skylar go to collect water and start to talk.
- You did good for a skinny chick.- Carmen
- *laughs* Well, you we're pretty excellent in that challenge.- Skylar
- Thanks, I always fight for something.- Carmen
- I think you need to stay around. Joel fell in the challenge.- Skylar
- Exactly, he needs to leave the island.- Carmen
- For another time, Carmen.- Skylar
The two girls head back to camp. Meanwhile, Brady and Chip are lounging at the beach.
- Hey, if we ever have to go to Tribal again, what will we do for the vote?- Brady
- I dunno, would you mind Carmen? She's basically an outcast to the tribe.- Chip
- *sighs* Look, I know Carmen isn't bonding well, but Joel has caused most of the drama between her. He hasn't contributed much to challenges, so maybe we need to cut him.- Brady
- I'll think about it.- Chip
|“||Joel was part of my alliance, and now he hasn't been competing. If this were a football team, he would be cut, but this is Survivor. I just don't know.||”|
At the Selva tribe, the tribe comes back in disappointed at their loss.
|“||We lost, badly, and now we need to vote someone out. It seems like its Laurel, but Rose wants to take out Julianna because she believes she has the idol. What to do...||”|
Laurel comes up to Ralphie and Julianna.
- Hey, can we talk?- Laurel
- Sure, what is it?- Ralphie
- I want to take Cooper out. He seems to be running the show. I know you guys are close, but I don't want him to leave.- Laurel
- Seems like a plan, do you have the votes?- Ralphie
- Hopefully Lukas votes with us.- Laurel
|“||Laurel comes up to talk about blindsiding Cooper, and saying she talked to Lukas. I don't know if it will work, but she's crazy.||”|
Laurel then leaves, and Lukas arrives with fruit from the jungle.
- Yo, did you talk to Laurel about blindsiding Cooper?- Julianna
- Yeah, she's insane. It's nice she's fighting for herself, but she is going down.- Lukas
- Alright.- Julianna
Right before tribal, Julianna goes to Cooper.
At Tribal, the Selva tribe discussed who to vote off, physical threats, and the opposing Litoral tribe. Immunity Idols came up, which Rose hinted that Julianna had it, confusing her. But when the votes were read, the four of Cooper, Julianna, Lukas, and Ralphie voted for Laurel. Dover and Rose voted for Julianna while Laurel stuck with her plan to vote Cooper, but she was blindsided.
|Tribal Council 2:|
Laurel (4 votes)
Julianna (2 votes)
Cooper (1 vote)
|“||I heard you were coming after me, so good bye.||”|
|“||You're a nice woman, but it's too late to change anything.||”|
|“||You have the idol, we don't need an idol.||”|
|“||I wish you campaigned longer.||”|
|“||Sorry Laurel, but it was a good attempt.||”|
|“||Cooper, you're sneaky, and taking too much control. I hope everyone else feels the same.||”|
|“||Well, I want the idol for the tribe, but since you have it, I can't really do anything but vote you out.||”|
|“||I wish that Ralphie, Lukas, and Julianna listened and voted out Cooper. It was amazing lasting out here, and I have no regrets.||”|
Still in the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
A tribe switch throws wrenches into everyone's plans.
- This is where you put your trivia.