|"I'm on a Roll!"|
|Previous||Crumbling like Cookies|
|Next||Ace Up the Sleeve|
This is the 9th episode of Survivor: Portugal.
Previously On Survivor...
The newly merged Vencedor tribe quickly targeted the minority of Cooper, Ralphie, and Rose for the next three rounds. After Ralphie won immunity, their intentions went to Cooper. But Cooper prevented that by playing his idol, letting Brady get blindsided with only 3 votes.
The next day was traumatic as Carmen tried to regain her composure, and found a new ally in Dover. Cooper and Ralphie tried to get Chip and Skylar on board with flipping, but it was fruitless as Cooper left in a 6-3 vote.
Reward Challenge: Pulling Your Own Weight
Everyone would split into two teams of four and all have to hold up 120 pounds of rocks, all connected by four ropes. Each person will hold up one fourth of that weight. If someone lets go, the weight is added to the other three members. Last team standing wins reward.
Reward: A trip to a secluded beach with a nice wine and lunch.
Winner: Chip, Dover, Rose, Skylar
Immunity Challenge: Wrist Assured
Castaways hold on to a handle with a rope wrapped around it. At the end of the rope is a bucket that contains 25% of their body weight. As the challenge goes on, the rope will begin to unspool, making it harder to keep the bucket in the air. The last man and woman remaining in the challenge will win Individual Immunity.
The tribe comes back from voting Cooper out. Ralphie and Rose are shocked but expected that the six of them would stay together.
|“||I just am upset, but it's not suprising. Cooper was very threatening as he was smart and he came up with most of the plans. I really wished us three stayed another round but they are a tight group. I've realized that me and Ralphie might not be able to break their bonds. But we just have to try.||”|
Meanwhile, the six celebrated their victory in successfully voting out Cooper.
|“||I feel like it is liberating to see Cooper gone. He just caused this paranoia and stress between all of us. He's not doing that to us anymore. We are sticking together.||”|
The alliance of Chip, Carmen, Dover, Casey, Skylar, and Joel are talking about who to vote off between Rose and Ralphie.
- There's almost no debate, we should vote off Ralphie.- Dover
- I agree, he is the most physical person left. He shouldn't win immunity.- Joel
- Should we try and throw reward challenges or try and beat him in reward?- Skylar
- I guess...we can't do anything until the challenge arrives.- Chip
- Do we just vote Rose if he wins anyway?- Casey
- Yeah, it's the only other option.- Skylar
- Right...- Dover
|“||I really don't want to vote Rose out. Me and her still had a bond on Selva. I just don't know why I care so much. It's weird, very weird.||”|
The tribe meets for their next reward.
- For today's reward challenge, you will split into two teams in four. Each of you will be holding a rope, but all of your team members will be holding up 120 pounds of rocks. If one person drops, the weight is added on to the already heavy amount you are lifting. Last team standing wins reward. Want to know what you're playing for?- Jeff
- Yes!- Castaways
- An exclusive trip to a secluded beach where you will be treated to a wonderful picnic lunch. You get to relax the afternoon away as dine with pizza, sandwiches, and beer. Let's draw for teams.- Jeff
The contestants select rocks, and the teams are:
- The yellow team consists of Carmen, Casey, Joel, and Ralphie.
- The purple team consists of Chip, Dover, Rose, and Skylar.
The teams begin their endurance competition. After about 2 minutes in, Skylar and Joel are already struggling to hold up 30 pounds. Ralphie, Chip, and Dover are almost still as they hold the easy weight. Carmen, Casey, and Rose try to keep still but shake a little once in awhile.
Elapsed Time: 20 Minutes
Joel drops his weight, and the other three adjust to their weight. Ralphie moves a step back, Carmen shuffles her feet in a better position, and Casey almost falls too, but recovers. Shortly after, Skylar drops, but the three are mostly calm about adjusting their weight. Rose moves back a bit, but Dover and Chip are fine.
Elapsed Time: 37 Minutes
Carmen can't take the weight and drops, giving now Casey and Ralphie to hold 60 pounds. Casey is thrown off by the momentum and falls too, leaving Ralphie to hold up everything. He struggles majorly, but holds on. Rose also falls, leaving Dover and Chip to battle against Ralphie.
Elapsed Time: 50 Minutes
Ralphie is shaking, but slightly. He knows the weight will soon get to him. But Dover falls after not being able to take it, and now Chip and Ralphie are carrying 120 pounds a-piece. Chip is somewhat calm, but he is struggling.
Elapsed Time: 1 Hour 16 Minutes
Ralphie is shaking visibly and almost violently. He has pushed himself to his limits and he knows he can't hold anymore. He drops the rocks and falls into the sand, his muscles throbbing and aching. Chip releases his rock pile and is hugged by his team.
- Chip, Dover, Rose, and Skylar win reward!- Jeff
- Yes! We did it!- Dover
- A boat will be arriving shortly to take to your reward. For the rest of you, I got nothing. Head back to camp.- Jeff
Carmen, Casey, Ralphie, and Joel return to camp while a boat arrives for the other four. They are taken away to their reward.
They are taken to a beach on the other side of the peninsula. There is a long table line with pizza, salad, chicken fingers, hamburgers, hot dogs, soda, and beer. An umbrella is over the table to give them shade. The four start eating and are having fun at the picnic.
|“||This was such a good reward. We got food and beer to give us energy and just normal food instead of rice and beans. It was an awesome time to relax with old and new allies.||”|
Dover and Rose are chatting at the beach with sodas and burgers. Chip and Skylar walk over to start chatting with them.
- Hey guys.- Chip
- Hello, Chip. Skylar. What do you want to talk about?- Rose
- Nothing really. Just wanted to hang out here.- Skylar
- I wanted to talk about something. Rose is cool girl and I was aligned with her in the beginning, but I want to bring her in, almost as a replacement for Brady. What do you say?- Dover
- Are you along with it Rose?- Chip
- Only if we vote Joel out now.- Rose
- That's a no-no. We need to vote out Ralphie. You saw it clearly in the reward. He held 120 pounds for almost 30 minutes. He's strong, we can't have him staying long.- Skylar
|“||We know what Dover's true intentions are. He wanted to bring Rose to the end. We can't let him have that. Sure, we'll bring him back past the other three in our alliance, but he can't go farther than 3rd or 4th. Rose will leave after Ralphie.||”|
Back at the Vencedor camp, Ralphie lies in the shelter, now tired after the Reward challenge. He pushed himself almost too far so he is now sleeping. Carmen, Casey, and Joel sit at the shelter.
- Did you see him. How hard he fought. I give him credit, but he needs to go.- Carmen
- Yeah, hopefully it isn't an endurance challenge next. We don't need him to last longer.- Joel
- I don't know guys. I feel like we are on the bottom. We can use that strength to our advantage. We aren't the strongest here.- Casey
- And then he'll go on an immunity run and win the game. It's just safer to vote out Ralphie or Rose.- Joel
- I agree, we can't flip on them just yet.- Carmen
- Fine, we'll wait.- Casey
|“||I honestly don't want to wait. I can vote out Chip or Joel if I flip to Rose and Ralphie. Time to start planning.||”|
|“||Ralphie needs to go, he will win the game. He's kinda stupid, and he'll win enough immunities to go all the way.||”|
Everyone is back and well-rested from the rewards and the game from yesterday. Chip and Skylar are sitting in the shelter with Carmen and Joel, talking about strategy and their possible new ally.
- We might have Rose on board to vote out Ralphie. I mean, it's nothing, but hey, it'll be unanimous and it keeps Dover happy.- Chip
- Good enough.- Joel
- And if Ralphie wins immunity?- Carmen
- Then Rose can go home. Us four, plus Casey, can take out whoever we please.- Skylar
- Where is Casey?- Joel
Meanwhile, Casey is talking to Ralphie and Rose about voting off one of the other threats in the game.
- I want to take out Chip or Skylar. They are a dynamic duo that needs to be stopped.- Casey
- I agree, and we can take them out, but we won't be able to get the votes to that. Joel is their right-hand man, and we can take him out. He's not strong and won't win immunity.- Rose
- Sure, if Chip wins immunity, we can vote Joel.- Ralphie
- Alright, I'll see if I can gain Dover on this.- Rose
|“||Casey and Dover could be our hopes to survive longer in this game. Let's see if we can do with this plan!||”|
Rose goes over to talk to Dover about the plan.
- Hey, Casey has a plan.- Rose
- About what?- Dover
- Possibly voting out Joel tonight.- Rose
- What? How is that possible?- Dover
- Us, Ralphie, and Casey vote for Joel. We can hopefully sway another.- Rose
- That's insane! We are all set on voting Ralphie out! We can't try to do any last-minute moves! Please, have some sense. Me and you will get to this end.- Dover
- Why do you want me to stay now.- Rose
- Because...I don't know. Me and you, we can work together!- Dover
- What are you saying...- Rose
- I think I am...starting to like you.- Dover
- Woah Dover. This is Survivor. Please think before you say anything else.- Rose
Rose then walks away, almost uncomfortable at Dover.
|“||I just had the weirdest conversation with Dover. I think he is getting a crush on me. *awkwardly laughs* It's so weird, this is a game, but many people have found love on this show. Maybe even me?||”|
The tribe arrives at the next immunity challenge.
- Welcome to your next immunity challenge. First, Chip, I would like to take it back.- Jeff
- I'll regain it soon.- Chip
- Once again, immunity is back up for grabs. For today's challenge, you will hold on to 25% of your weight attached to a bucket. Attached to that bucket is a rope, which is attached to a winch. You can let as much as the rope goes to, but once you let go, and the bucket smashes through your tile, you are out. Last one standing wins immunity and a one-in-seven shot of winning this game. Let's draw spots.- Jeff
Everyone is soon up and the challenge begins. Quickly Skylar drops her weight after a couple minutes and is out of the challenge. Everyone adjusts to their own weight.
Elapsed Time: 10 Minutes
Everyone is struggling under the heat of the Portuguese sun. Joel is sweating, and soon drops, smashing his tile and eliminating him. Rose soon follows, and soon is Carmen, both dropping their buckets and smashing their titles. Dover and Casey are struggling, while Chip and Ralphie remain calm.
Elapsed Time: 40 Minutes
Casey has his rope all the way down to the little rope. He can't hold on and he lets go, smashing his tile and eliminating him. Ralphie and Chip start to move around to adjust the pressure, but Dover's arms are shaking. He is slowly losing his rope and the length of his tile and the bucket.
Elapsed Time: 1 Hour
Dover drops after slipping, and it's down to Ralphie and Chip. Both maintain their weight for a while, but Ralphie slowly struggles under his larger weight amount more than Chip. After 10 minutes of Dover dropping, Ralphie drops, and Chip is the last one standing.
- Chip wins immunity!- Jeff
- Woo hoo!- Chip
- Come and get it Chip. Chip has a one-in-seven shot of winning this game. For the rest of you, you're time is up after tonight. Head back to camp.- Jeff
The tribe of eight heads back to camp.
|“||I'm on a roll! Four challenge wins, I can easily go to the end like this.||”|
The Selva five, Dover, and Rose are all at the shelter discussing plans.
- Okay everyone. I have immunity, and Ralphie is going. All clear?- Chip
- Yeah, he is gone, and we have Rose to help us too!- Dover
- I am with you guys all the way.- Rose
- Let's do this plan!- Carmen
- It will be a simple vote.- Joel
- Yup.- Casey
- Alright, meeting adjourned.- Skylar
The seven head back to the shelter.
|“||No, I'm not doing that. Joel is my target tonight, and he will go if all works.||”|
Casey, Dover, Rose, and Ralphie all walk along the beach before Tribal Council.
- Joel tonight?- Casey
- Yeah, let's get this plan in motion.- Ralphie
- this will be a great shock to everyone.- Dover
- Totally.- Rose
|“||This will be fun. I can't wait. Hopefully all goes according to plan, and Joel leaves tonight.||”|
|“||My mind is very conflicted tonight. Do I go to their side and vote Joel when there will be a tie and possibly a rock tiebreaker? Or do I go to the simple plan, but risk my alliance with Rose? Will she vote with me?||”|
The eight of Vencedor all head to Tribal Council. They place their torches behind them and sit down to be questioned by Jeff.
- We will now bring in our first member of the jury, Cooper, voting out of the last tribal council.- Jeff
- *walks in wearing a green sweatshirt, brown shorts and black sneakers*- Cooper
- Hello everyone. Tonight one of you will be going home after 27 days of Survivor. Ralphie, it seems like you are the main target. Skylar, is Ralphie going home?- Jeff
- Yes, we have all decided that Ralphie is too much of a physical threat and an overall fighter to bring him farther.- Skylar
- Chip, is this true?- Jeff
- Yeah, it's very simple. Ralphie has no immunity and now he will leave.- Chip
- Ralphie, do you think you are going home?- Jeff
- Yeah, I feel like that I will go home. But I haven't given up hope. No, hopefully, after tonight, Joel will have left the game.- Ralphie
- Why?- Jeff
- Because, someone has flipped to the other side, my side, and I have Rose and Dover, and we can tie it up.- Ralphie
- Joel, do you believe this?- Jeff
- No, he's bluffing. He's trying to throw us all off. It's not working.- Joel
- What about you Dover? And you Rose, he just threw you under the bus!- Jeff
- Ralphie, he's trying hard. I'll give him that. But the odds are against him.- Dover
- Well, they can just vote me out now Jeff.- Ralphie
- I think it's time to vote. Carmen, your up.- Jeff
One by one, all eight vote. Jeff collects the urn, tallies the vote, and brings it back.
- If anyone has the hidden immunity idol and would like to play it, now would be the time to do so.- Jeff
- *no one stands*- Castaways
- Alright, person with the most votes will be asked to leave Tribal Council immediately. I'll read the votes. First vote, Joel. Second vote, Ralphie. Third vote, Joel. Fourth vote, Ralphie. Fifth vote, Ralphie. Sixth vote, Ralphie. Ninth person voted out of Survivor: Portugal and second member of our jury...
- That sucks a lot. Thanks for saving me Dover. *gives him the finger*- Ralphie
- Ralphie, the tribe has spoken.- Jeff
- See ya later guys.- Ralphie
- Well, the intended target went home, but I don't think the chaos left with him. Head back to camp, good night.- Jeff
|Tribal Council 9:|
Ralphie (6 votes)
Carmen, Chip, Dover
Joel, Rose, Skylar
Joel (2 votes)
|“||It is time for you to go, good bye.||”|
|“||I really hope this works, and you leave Joel. Nice hanging out with you though.||”|
|“||No one is flipping. You are leaving. Nice try though.||”|
|“||Ralphie, I'm really sorry, but this is just the smarter option.||”|
|“||Hopefully I'm not taken out tonight, good bye troublemaker.||”|
|“||You are so far in their alliance it's annoying. But you have your wish of taking me out.||”|
|“||I can't believe I'm doing this.||”|
|“||This vote is strictly so you don't go on an immunity run.||”|
|“||I knew I was leaving. I fought hard until the very end, and I am proud of myself for doing that. Now I get to decide who gets to win. Hopefully they have tons of food at Ponderosa. It was an overall awesome experience to be out here.||”|
Still in the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- With Dover and Rose alone, can the new couple make it out of Tribal still together?
- Will Casey's actions get consequences?
- The immunity challenge was used in the Survivor: Philippines episode, Not the Only Actor on This Island.