|"It's Broken, It's Gone"|
|Season||Survivor: Battle of the Ages|
|Previous||New People, Old Drama|
|Next||It's Hard To See the Rainforest Past the Ferns|
Previously On Survivor...
After Mangaia's second tribal council, Ulrich and Erick became a two man tribe. Ulrich had doubts on who he should've voted for, but with the threat of ending up in a body bag, he had major pressure on him. At the reward challenge, the four tribes would fight to stay alive, as two tribes would be axed after the challenge. Yorick's top notch shooting skills won Atiu the challenge, and Suvorov, keeping up the Atiu. After the tribe were shuffled the new Atiu; Ivan, Shanika, Ulrich, Yorick, and Zak and the new Suvorov; Astor, Charmaine, Erick, Garnet, Genette, and Kamryn. Without a tribe, Marquis was sent to exile for the next three days.
Garnet and Charmaine would share a mother/daughter friendship while bonding at the new Suvorov camp. She and Zak would tell their new tribes the story of Marquis's bullying, hoping to get everyone against him. Yorick then thought of this as an excuse of getting rid of Atiu's only female, Shanika. At the immunity challenge, the females of Suvorov were pitted against the men of Atiu, and with the women coming out on top. Before tribal council, Yorick recruited the new members of Atiu into voting out Shanika, his former tribemate. Ivan got wind of this and hoped to berate him at tribal council. Ivan's plan didn't work, as Shanika was voted out. Twelve remain, who will be voted out tonight?
Reward Challenge: Kicking and Screaming
One pair at a time, two players try to remove a member of the opposing tribe from a pole they’re holding onto and drag them across the finishing line. First tribe to get all three opposing tribe members across wins.
Reward: Previous Rewards left at Tema and Mangaia
Immunity Challenge: Free Fallin
Each tribe starts the challenge on a raised platform. One at a time tribemates drop from a three step structure down into a net. After all players from a tribe finish the net drop and assemble on a tribal mat they proceed to the next stage, climb stairs to another platform and perform that balance beam walk. After all tribe members have assembled on the next mat, begin to assemble a puzzle. First tribe to finish the puzzle wins.
The all male Atiu tribe returns to camp. Ivan is extremely mad at his tribe for getting rid of tribe voting Shanika out, ignoring Marquis's presence at the camp. Marquis is given the cold shoulder by the other four members.
|“||Shanika was voted out. That sucks. It's really bad that the guy who wanted our tribe to stick together, put her (bleep) down. From now on, I'll try and get Yorick out at his lowest point in the game.||”|
|“||I was hoping at least someone else was voted out, so I can make Shanika my bitch. However, Ivan is feminine, so he's probably a (bleep). This will be fun.||”|
The six men fall asleep, waiting for the next day.
The next day, the Atiu men, except for Marquis, are doing chores. Yorick and Quinlan are fishing, Ulrich and Zak are getting water from a nearby well, and Ivan is at the firepit cooking. Marquis has been harassing Ivan since this morning.
- Hey, fruit, is the food done yet?- Marquis
- It's been a minute since the last time you asked.- Ivan
- Well come on, you're the most feminine on this tribe, you might as well grow a vagina.- Marquis
- The more you lash out a me, the more I think you're a closeted gay man. You know if you want, me and my husband can show you a good time.- Ivan
- Gross. (bleep) you, you (bleep). I'm going swimming, and that rice better be done by the time I return.- Marquis
- I'll be here sweetie.- Ivan
|“||I know that I can perceived as effeminate, so I do know that Marquis's torment would bounce to me. He wouldn't dare mess with the others, they could crack open his skull. I'm countering his torment by making him uncomfortable, and he'll do anything to stay on top.||”|
Ulrich, Zak, Yorick, and Quinlan return to camp, and Ivan gives everyone their portion. After taking his portion, he throws Marquis's into the fire.
- Why in the hell did you throw that rice in the fire?- Yorick
- Mainly to piss off Marquis. He's been harassing me all day, so why not make his last days miserable?- Ivan
- So basically, you're indirectly harming him, unlike Willie?- Zak
- Yep.- Ivan
- Hey fruit, where's my rice? I'm starving.- Marquis
- Sorry, after passing out the rice, I knocked the pot in the water, and the rice spilled into the fire.- Ivan
- You (bleep) retard! You let my rice burn! Go (bleep) yourself, (bleep).- Marquis
Marquis walks away pissed. After he leaves, the others laugh. Later, the two tribes are summoned to the challenge are for their reward challenge. Suvorov arrives first, followed by Atiu. Behind Jeff is something covered.
- Suvorov, getting a good look at the new Atiu tribe. Shanika voted out at the last tribal council. However, they aren't shorthanded because Marquis replaced her. Okay for today's challenge, one pair at a time, two players try to remove a member of the opposing tribe from a pole they’re holding onto and drag them across the finishing line. First tribe to get all three opposing tribe members across wins. Would you like to know what you're playing for?- Jeff
- Yes!- Castaways
- You'll be competing for the previous reward items left at the Mangaia and Tema camps. Now, I'll give you a minute to strategize.- Jeff
The first out are Yorick and Ulrich for Atiu and Kamryn and Garnet for Suvorov. Ivan and Genette are on the poles. Both pairs run out to their target. Both are having trouble prying Ivan and Genette from their poles.
As Garnet and Kamryn remove their bras, exposing their breasts, Yorick and Ulrich have Genette off her pole. Ivan laughs at their attempt to flash him.
- You really think that would work on me?- Ivan
- Son of a bitch! We flashed a gay guy! I'm so (bleep) stupid!- Kamryn
- Congrats you've figured it out.- Ivan
Ivan lets go of his pole, and the girls grab him, but Yorick and Ulrich have Genette across the finish at this point.
In the second round are Erick and Astor for Suvorov and Ivan and Zak for Atiu. Marquis and Charmaine are on the poles. The pairs rush to the poles. Both arrive equally. Marquis puts up less of a fight, causing Erick and Astor to go back quickly. A few seconds later, Ivan and Zak pry Charmaine off. They drag her through the sand as they return. Charmaine struggles to let go, but Astor and Erick get Marquis across the finish first. Both tribes are tied 1-1.
The third round consists of Genette and Charmaine for Suvorov and Marquis and Quinlan for Atiu. Erick and Ulrich are on the poles. Genette, Charmaine, and Quinlan run to their targets, while Marquis walks nostalgically down the sand to the pole. Quinlan gets a slight head start trying to get Erick off his pole, but when the girls arrive they have an easier time getting Ulrich off his pole. Marquis does eventually meets up with Quinlan, but Charmaine and Genette have Ulrich off his pole. Marquis just stands by as Quinlan fails to get Erick off. A few minutes later, the women have Ulrich across the line, scoring Suvorov its second point.
The fourth round is Astor and Kamryn for Suvorov and Yorick and Zak. Marquis and Genette are once again on the poles. Astor, Kamryn, Yorick, and Zak run out to their targets. Marquis, again, throws the round by not putting up a fight. Astor and Kamryn both have Marquis and run back. Yorick and Zak try to get Genette off the pole, but refuses. Zak then begins to tickle her. In a few seconds she lets go and they drag her back. Astor and Kamryn, however, reach the finish first, winning Suvorov the reward challenge.
- Suvorov wins reward! Your reward items will wait for you at camp, but first you have to send someone to Exile Island.- Jeff
- Zak.- Kamryn
- Zak, the boat to Exile will be here shortly, everyone else head back to camp.- Jeff
Zak arrives on Exile Island, choosing the left path. He makes himself a pot of rice, and reads the clue for the hidden immunity idol.
|“||For the next two days, I'll be here on Exile, away from Marquis. This is both a blessing and a curse. I'm away from from Marquis, but I can't campaign to get him out.||”|
The next day on Atiu, Yorick walks up to Ivan in the shelter. Ivan glares at him.
- Can we talk?- Yorick
- No.- Ivan
- Then just listen, I wanted Shanika out for her own safety. Marquis harassed Willie, and look what happened to her.- Yorick
- First off, you barely knew Shanika. I never saw you talk to her at all. She is a strong woman, who dealt with worse than Marquis. Plus you just killed our pledge to stay together. As far as I'm concerned you are a hypocrite, and I don't want to talk to you. Good-bye.- Ivan
Ivan gets up and walks into the forest, disgusted by Yorick.
|“||Ivan may be fifty, but he acts like a rash twenty-year-old. I want him to trust me again. Now, it's not going to happen.||”|
Later toward the evening at Suvorov's camp, Astor and Erick are talking in the forest.
- Hey listen man. I want the two us as an alliance. Bros need to stick together, especially with four women around. What do you say?- Erick
- Sorry, but I promised myself to remain loyal to Kamryn.- Astor
- You can't be serious. As soon as she's done with you, she'll throw you away like a piece of trash, kinda like Kim Kardashian's 72 day marriage.- Erick
- I'm sorry Erick, but I have to politely decline the alliance offer.- Astor
Kamryn the walks up to the boys.
- There you are Astor, dear. C'mon I want to show you something on the beach- Kamryn
- All right Kam. See ya Erick!- Astor
|“||I'm really sick of those two supposed lovebirds. I want to vomit when I see them, but there is another duo that is potentially dangerous, Garnet and Charmaine. They've been too close, and I worry. I need Genette by my side.||”|
At the other end of the beach, Charmaine and Garnet are talking between each other with Genette trying to talk to them, but gets cut out. Erick then calls for Genette. She leaves the girls and sees what Erick wants.
- Yes Erick?- Genette
- I want to propose something to you. An alliance.- Erick
- With who?- Genette
- Kamryn and Astor-- Erick
- Stop, the love birds, why them? They'll end up like Rob and Amber.- Genette
- We need the numbers and if appeal to both, we have four. Also, when we merge, I have Ulrich on the other tribe, that's two.- Erick
- I'll think about it, but who do you want out Garnet or Charmaine?- Genette
- Charmaine, she's too much of a jury threat.- Erick
- I'll think about it, and I'll let you know. Bye.- Genette
|“||I don't know whether or not to go with Erick and break Garnet and Charmaine's friendship, or stay with the girls and hope for a tie. But the girls have been ignoring me for a while. This is hard.||”|
The next day, Suvorov and Atiu are summoned to the challenge area for their immunity challenge. Zak returns from Exile Island.
- Welcome to your fifth immunity challenge, but first, Garnet I have to take the immunity idol. Once again the immunity idol is up for grabs. On my mark, one at a time tribemates drop from a three step structure down into a net. After all players from a tribe finish the net drop and assemble on a tribal mat they proceed to the next stage, climb stairs to another platform and perform that balance beam walk. After all tribe members have assembled on the next mat, begin to assemble a puzzle. First tribe to finish the puzzle wins.- Jeff
- Not this challenge.- Charmaine
- Yep, Charmaine it is that challenge. On thing before starting. When you fall from the net, cross your arms on your chest and fall on your back. We do not want a repeat of Kourtney Moon's injury. Let's get started.- Jeff
All twelve castaways are on top of the platform, ready to jump. Charmaine and Ulrich are the first to jump. Both fall in the correct position and get to the mat. Erick and Yorick jump next. The two jump in the correct position, but Yorick then uncrosses his arms, landing on his hand. He feels no agonizing pain, because of the height and speed of his fall. Both get to the mat. The remaining eight jump using the correct position. The Suvorov tribe has a slight lead over Atiu, and start the balance beam. Marquis takes his time getting off the net. He does get to the mat, and Atiu starts.
Garnet is halfway on the balance beam as Yorick starts. Garnet is the first done. Yorick follows. Charmaine gets to the end of the balance beam very quickly. Marquis takes his time once again. Suvorov's third member, Erick passes the slow moving Marquis. Marquis falls, forcing him to restart. He casually walks back to the beginning as Erick finishes and Astor starts. Marquis does get back and starts again, but Astor is three quarters of the way finished. Marquis moves slow on the balance beam. Astor has finished and Kamryn starts. Kamryn quickly makes her way to the end of the balance beam. Marquis is only halfway as Kamryn finishes. Genette starts. Marquis makes his way to the three-quarters mark as Genette is halfway done. Both finish at the same time. Suvorov starts on the puzzle as Ivan begins the balance beam.
The Suvorov opens the bags of puzzle pieces and begin to solve the puzzle as a tribe. Ivan finishes quickly, allowing Ulrich to start. Suvorov's puzzle is beginning to look like something. Ulrich finishes not as fast as Ivan, but Zak starts the beam. Suvorov has a quarter of the puzzle finished as Zak is finishing crossing the balance beam. Quinlan begins to cross the balance beam. Suvorov has more than half of the puzzle done. Quinlan does briefly struggle, but pulls through it, allowing Atiu to start the puzzle. As Atiu onpen their bags, Suvorov has all but six pieces in the puzzle. Each one of the Suvorov members insert a puzzle piece, completing a puzzle of the season's logo.
- Suvorov wins immunity! Congratulations, you'll be safe for another three days. Atiu, I'll be seeing you at tribal council tonight. Marquis what happened, you moved slow?- Jeff
- Just tired Jeff, that's all.- Marquis
- Okay, Atiu once again, tribal council. Everyone can head on out.- Jeff
Atiu returns to camp, angry at the results of the challenge.
|“||This is just the fuel I need to get Marquis out. His delusion will crumble in front of him tonight!||”|
|“||During the challenge, I sprain or twisted my wrist in the challenge. It doesn't hurt, and I'm not worried about it.||”|
As Atiu prepares for tribal council, Zak calls all of Atiu, sans Marquis, to the beach for a brief meeting.
- So everyone is going to vote Marquis tonight?- Zak
- Yep, everyone is 100% Marquis.- Yorick
- Good, now let's just have a good time.- Zak
- Um, guys, I'd like to tell you that I sprained my wrist in the challenge.- Yorick
- Really, are you okay?- Ulrich
- I'm fine. I'll try and not aggravate it that's all- Yorick
- That's good- Zak
Zak and Yorick leave the beach for the shelter. Ulrich and Quinlan begin to leave until Ivan talks to the two.
- Listen, I have a counter proposal, we vote Yorick out.- Ivan
- Why him? He's muscle we need that now.- Quinlan
- I know, but the merge is soon, this could be the only chance of getting him out, plus he's injured.- Ivan
- I'm not so sure.- Ulrich
- Please, please, please. I'm on my knees begging. Just think about it. I won't be angry if you don't go through it, promise.- Ivan
- I'll think about it.- Ulrich
- Me, too.- Quinlan
- Thank you guys!- Ivan
|“||Yorick, just like a child's toy, when it's broken, it's gone.||”|
He hugs the two and goes to the shelter. Quinlan and Ulrich looked stressed on this decision.
The Atiu tribe goes to tribal council at sunset, arriving at night. Everyone puts their torch behind them, and Marquis lights his.
- Atiu, yet another tribal council. Marquis, is there anything wrong the the tribe is doing?- Jeff
- Nope, we simply lost.- Marquis
- Jeff, the reason we lost was because this delusional (bleep) thinks he'll go far. He's going home tonight, I guarantee it.- Zak
- Ivan, even you?- Jeff
- I know that I said I wanted Yorick out, but Marquis is a piece of (bleep). For the past three days, he called me fruit, (bleep), or (bleep).- Ivan.
- So other than Marquis is there any other negativity in the tribe?- Jeff
- Mostly no Jeff, except with some minor tension between Ivan and Yorick, it's been smooth sailing.- Quinlan
- I'm sorry Jeff, but can we get to the vote, I'd like Marquis to leave ASAP.- Zak
- Relax, he's going tonight, we promise.- Ulrich
- One question before the vote, does anyone think that an idol will be in play tonight?- Jeff
- No.- Yorick
- Unlikely.- Zak
- Hell no.- Ulrich
- Nope, he's not like Abi from the Philippines.- Ivan
- Like all the others, I don't think and idol will be in play.- Quinlan
- No comment.- Marquis
- All right, it's time to vote, Marquis you're up.- Jeff.
One by one, everyone votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it. Alright once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Marquis. Zak. Next vote, Marquis. Marquis leads 2-1. Next vote, Yorick. Yorick. Yorick and Marquis are tied with two votes. One vote left. Fourth person voted out of Survivor: Battle of the Ages is.......
- See ya, hypocrite- Shanika
- Take that bitches!- Marquis
- Yorick, the tribe has spoken. Well judging Yorick's look he was blindsided. You can head back out.- Jeff
Atiu leaves the tribal council area and heads back to camp.
|Tribal Council 4:|
Yorick (3 votes)
Ivan, Quinlan, & Ulrich
Marquis (2 votes)
Yorick & Zak
Zak (1 vote)
|“||Next time, don't tell people you're injured. Bye jackass.||”|
|“||Zak, I hate you so much. I want you gone, now. Garnet is next.||”|
|“||Ivan's right, when we merge, you're a challenge threat. Plus with your injury, you could cost the tribe few challenges. I promise Marquis will leave soon.||”|
|“||Yorick, I'm putting down your name, because you're injured. I'd rather you get better than worse.||”|
|“||Marquis, as a major source of negativity, goo riddance.||”|
|“||Finally, the final nail in your coffin. *laughs manically* I say I'd miss you, but screw you!||”|
|“||Well, I was blindsided. I feel robbed, but it's my fault. I should have never told Ivan I was injured. He cost me the million, but keep going buddy. Win it for the Atiu!||”|
Still In the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- With the merge possibly looming, the castaways make a mad scramble to solidify alliances.
- The jury begins once again before the merger.
- The reward challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Cook Islands episode, Plan Voodoo and Survivor: The Sahara, episode, Our Alliance Is Over!.
- The immunity challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: One World episode, Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules.