|"It's Time to Set Fire to the Rain"|
|Season||Survivor: Battle of the Ages|
|Previous||The Bro Alliance Tries to Ride Again|
|Next||Closer and Closer|
Previously On Survivor...
Returning from tribal council, Ulrich felt immense guilt beacuse he didn't vote with Ivan and kept Marquis and Ulrich in the game. His guilt caused him to consider quitting the game, but decided to see if he wanted to continue or not.
The next day, the tribes were informed via treemail to go to a disclosed location. Welcomed by a feast, the two tribes learned they were merged. They named the tribe Pamati, proposed by Kamryn. The new tribe relocated the former Suvorov camp, and quickly did chores, except Ulrich who wanted to stay in the shelter. Genette eventually found out what made Ulrich so sad. He informed her about previous events between him and Erick, and Genette told him a similar story between him and her. After Genette sympathized with Ulrich, his flame to play this game was reignited.
At the first individual immunity challenge, it was a simple underwater breathing contest. Erick won immunity, keeping hims safe for another 3 days. The Suvorov Six and Ulrich planned to vote Marquis off that night. By a landslide 7-2 vote, Marquis was the eighth person to leave Survivor: Battle of the Ages. Eight remain, who will be voted out tonight?
Reward Challenge: Snare the Drum
Castaways are split up into two teams of four for this challenge. In 3 circles are two drums (one light blue, one yellow). Each team must attempt to flip over 3 of their drums at the same time, while preventing the other team from doing so. First team to earn 3 points wins the reward.
Reward: An overnight trip to a spa
Winners: Astor, Garnet, Genette, Zak
Immunity Challenge: Square Peg, Round Hole
Use grappling hooks to retrieve two bags. First three move on. Take the two puzzle pieces inside the bags, fit one of them (the other is a decoy) into a unique hole on a peg board to release a new peg, and fit this one into its correct hole, continuing until the entire board has been filled up.
Returning from tribal council, the majority of the tribe celebrated Marquis being voted out.
|“||After 21 days, we finally nailed that bastard. He's gone, next Erick, Ulrich, and then I'm not sure, but we got Marquis out. Sorry it took so long, Willie, but he's gone.||”|
Erick on the other hand, simply sulked the night away.
|“||These idiots think I'm done, but guess what, it's time to set fire to the rain. These (bleep) have no ide what I'm capable of. All I gotta do is win immunity from here on out, and I'm in the Finals.||”|
After a long day of partying, the tribe gets rest for their first reward challenge.
The next day, Garnet, Genette, Astor, Kamryn, Ulrich, Zak, and Quinlan have a meeting on the status of Erick.
- So we all basically Erick is dead meat, but we need to discuss challenges.- Garnet
- Like how?- Astor
- Well if during any reward challenges we're separated into teams, the team with Erick must throw it because he doesn't deserve it.- Garnet
- That sounds fair.- Quinlan
- But 3 people sacrifice their possible reward win.- Genette
- But, for a good cause. If Erick's depleted of energy, then he'll lose future immunity challenges.- Ulrich
- But during individual challenges, we need to try as hard as we can to make sure he doesn't win.- Garnet
- Wait, what happens if Erick wins the next immunity?- Kamryn
- We'll deal with that if and when we come to it. Meeting adjourned.- Garnet
The final eight are summoned for their first individual challenge.
- For today's challenge, you divided into two teams.In 3 circles are two drums. Each team must attempt to flip over 3 of their drums at the same time, while preventing the other team from doing so. First team to earn 3 points wins the reward. Wanna know what you're playing for?- Jeff
- Yeah.- Castaways
- The winners receive an overnight trip to a spa, complete with food. Alright, let's draw for teams.- Jeff
The castaways are divided into two teams, the light blue team consisting of; Garnet, Astor, Genette, and Zak and the yellow team consisting of; Erick, Kamryn, Quinlan, and Ulrich. Garnet and Kamryn are out for the first round. Garnet runs left and Kamryn runs right. Both turn over a light blue drum. Kamryn also flips the yellow drum. Both run to the center circle, both flipping their drums. With all three of Garnet's drums flipped, the first point goes to the light blue team.
The second round is Astor vs. Ulrich. Astor takes the left circle and Ulrich takes the right circle. Both men flip both drums and race to the middle circle. Astor gets to the middle circle and flips the light blue drum first, earning another point for the light blue team.
The third round is Quinlan vs. Zak. Zak runs to the left circle first. Quinlan goes straight to the middle circle. Zak flips the light blue drum, and runs to the right circle. Quinlan flips the light blue drum in the center and stays put. Zak gets the the right circle and flips the light blue drum, earning the winning point for the light blue team.
- Garnet, Astor, Zak, and Genette win reward. Now, someone from the losing team will be sent to Exile Island, who'll that be?- Jeff
- Quinlan.- Genette
- Quinlan, the boat to Exile Island is here. Astor, Garnet, Genette, and Zak the helicopter taking you to your reward shortly. Ulrich, Erick, and Kamryn, I have nothing for you. You can return to camp.- Jeff
Quinlan takes the boat to Exile Island. Erick, Ulrich, and Kamryn return to camp. A helicopter takes Astor, Garnet, Genette, and Zak to a nearby spa.
During their spa trip, there was no talk of the game. They enjoyed a wax, mud bath, and sauna house as part of their reward.
|“||I've never felt more relaxed in my life. Everything was nice, except for the wax, but it's a nice break from the game.||”|
Afterward, they enjoyed a small feast in a luxurious bedroom.
|“||I don't care how painful the spa part was, the food part is what I like. I haven't had food like this before.||”|
On Exile Island, Quinlan comes to the fork in the path. He reads the note, and decides to take the right path, leading to the luxury hut.
|“||Why'd I take the right path? I really needed a break from the game, and that goddamn idol has to have been found by now, anyway. This hut is better than that reward.||”|
Back at the Pamati camp, Erick is upset that his team threw the reward.
- Hey (bleep) for brains and hooker, why the hell did you throw the challenge?- Erick
- Do you really need to ask?- Kamryn
- Yes, bitch!- Erick
- It should be obvious, but since you have the IQ of a rock I guess I'll spell it out for you.- Kamryn
- Thank you.- Erick
- But she won't.- Ulrich
- Exactly, Ulrich.- Kamryn
- Gaaahhh! Whatever, a-holes.- Erick
Erick leaves Kamryn and Ulrich and goes to the beach to check the nets. Ulrich and Kamryn laugh after he leaves them.
|“||Doing that to Erick was so great. He deserves it for everything he's done in this game.||”|
|“||I love toying with men, they're like cats and a string. Exploiting guy's emotions is my specialty.||”|
The next day, Astor, Garnet, Genette, and Zak return to camp, refreshed from their reward. Kamryn, Genette, and Garnet decide to have some girl time, with them telling stories from yesterday. Zak takes the canoe and goes deep sea fishing. Erick is somewhere in the rainforest, and Astor and Ulrich begin to talk in the shelter. In other words, nothing of importance happened on Day 26.
The next day, the final eight is summoned to the challenge are for another immunity challenge.
- Welcome to another individual immunity challenge. First things first, Erick I gotta take the necklace back.- Jeff
- Here ya go.- Erick
- Once again, immunity is up for grabs. Today, using grappling hooks to retrieve two bags. First three move on. Take the two puzzle pieces inside the bags, fit one of them into a unique hole on a peg board to release a new peg, and fit this one into its correct hole, continuing until the entire board has been filled up. Let's draw for spots.- Jeff
After drawing a color, the castaways are given a grappling hook, and given the instruction to start. Everyone throws their grappling hooks. Erick, Garnet, Astor, Quinlan, and Zak all get a bag. Everyone reels in their hook. Erick races to get his bag back and the other four go at a more steady pace. Genette, Kamryn, and Ulrich get their hooks back and throw them back out. All three connect to their bags and begin to reel them in. Erick is the first to get his bag back. He throws his hook back out. Garnet and Quinlan get their bags back and throw their hooks back out. Erick begins to reel his second bag in. Astor and Zak get their bags in and throw their hooks back out. Garnet and Quinlan begin to reel in their bags. Genette, Kamryn, and Ulrich get their bags and throw their hooks again. Astor and Zak reel their bags back. Zak loses his bag, forcing him to throw his hook back out. Zak quickly gets his hook back and throws it back out. Erick retrieves his second bag, earning him a spot for immunity. Garnet and Quinlan get their bags back, also earning them spots in the final round.
Erick, Garnet, and Quinlan all stand in front of a peg box with six peg holes. They open both bags. Everyone tries one of the pegs. Garnet and Erick are successful, popping out another peg. Quinlan tries the other peg, which also pops out the second peg. Erick and Garnet get their second pegs in, popping out the third peg. Quinlan stops and just watches them. Erick and Garnet insert their third pegs, and retrieve the fourth peg. Both put the fourth peg into the correct slot. The fifth peg reveals itself. Both put the fifth peg into a slot, but only Erick's final peg pops out. Garnet gets the fifth peg out and puts it into the correct slot, getting her final peg. However, Erick has already inserted the final peg, winning him immunity.
- Erick wins immunity!- Jeff
- Yes!- Erick
- Erick you have a one in seven shot of winning this game, and for everyone else someone will go. You have the rest of the afternoon to figure it out.- Jeff
|“||I knew this was going to happen, I really didn't want it to though. I have to do something they won't like.||”|
Pamati returns to camp. The Suvorov Six and Ulrich all gather at shelter.
- Great now what the hell do we do?- Quinlan
- Well, um-- Garnet
- If we discussed this earlier, we'd know what to do!- Kamryn
- Don't blame her, she didn't realize that Erick would win again, alright?- Zak
- Know one of us is leaving and all because of her.- Kamryn
- Stop. You guys can vote me out tonight.- Ulrich
- Ulrich, are you sure?- Genette
- Ulrich, don't do this. We'll figure something out.- Kamryn
- I'm sure about this, I'm fine with leaving. My mind has been everywhere lately, and I simply need to leave. So vote me out.- Ulrich
Genette gives Ulrich a hug good-bye, before he leaves.
|“||I wish that Ulrich didn't say that, but we have to honor his wishes, plus we have no other option.||”|
UIrich walks up to Erick, and begins to talk.
- Hey, Erick.- Ulrich
- What is it, (bleep)?- Erick
- It's over. You've won. I'm going home tonight. You'll be in the final seven, and I'll be part of the jury.- Ulrich
- Well, if this is some trick to make me give up my immunity, it's not gonna work.- Erick
- It's not. I've told the Suvorov Six. I'm done with the game.- Ulrich
- Fine, leave.- Erick
|“||Wow, knowing that Ulrich's leaving makes be a bit hollow. We started as friends and became rivals as time went on. When he's gone, I have no one person to hate.||”|
At sunset, Pamati heads off to tribal council. At tribal council, they put their torches behind them and take a seat. Charmaine, Ivan, and Marquis walk into the tribal council area. Marquis is wearing a grey shirt with a yellow jacket overtop, blue pants and black sneakers.
- Presenting the members of the jury, Charmaine, Ivan, and Marquis, voted out at the last tribal council. Since Marquis's elimination, how has camp been lately?- Jeff
- Definitely less hectic than before with Marquis gone. He was one of the more negative people out here.- Garnet
- So Erick, with immunity around your neck, how does it feel knowing one of your enemies will be leaving the game soon?- Jeff
- Ecstatic, Jeff. I have immunity and Ulrich's going home.- Erick
- What does he mean by that Ulrich?- Jeff
- After the immunity challenge, I told these seven to vote me out.- Ulrich
- Why?- Jeff
- This game, I feel like it's playing mind games on me. I've had enough, and them voting me out would be easy for someone.- Ulrich
- Genette, when Ulrich told you that he wanted to leave, what was your reaction?- Jeff
- Shocked that he'd want to leave the game at this point, but I can see why he'd wanna leave. This game isn't easy, and when we reach the final six, it'll be harder than ever.- Genette
- I will vouch for that Jeff, we were all a bit shocked by Ulrich's plea.- Kamryn
- Although Ulrich made it easy to vote someone out, I think it's harder to write down his name than the plan of voting him out.- Zak
- Before we vote, Erick you have immunity are you going to keep it?- Jeff
- Yep.- Erick
- Alright, it's time to vote, Quinlan you're up.- Jeff
One by one, everyone votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it. Alright once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Quinlan. Ulrich. Ulrich. Next vote, Ulrich. Ulrich leads 3-1. Ulrich. Eighth person voted out of Survivor: Battle of the Ages and the fourth member of the Jury......
- I'll miss you all, well most of you.- Ulrich
- Ulrich, the tribe has spoken.- Jeff
- Erick, once your on the Jury, I'll give you a little something.- Ulrich
- Clearly another unanimous vote, easy to do, but can sometimes it hard to do. You all respect one another to a degree, and upheld Ulrich's wish. You can head back to camp.- Jeff
|Tribal Council 8:|
Ulrich (7 votes)
Astor, Erick, Garnet, Genette, Kamryn, Quinlan, & Zak
Quinlan (1 vote)
|“||Just honoring you, dude.||”|
|“||I'll miss you, not. Glad it's you and not me.||”|
|“||I'm voting for you since you simply asked.||”|
|“||I think I'll miss you tremendously, but you want out, and I'm not going to deny you that.||”|
|“||Basically, you're a quitter, but you don't have the balls to outright quit.||”|
|“||Of the Suvorov Six, I trust you the least.||”|
|“||Making it easy, sometimes can make things harder.||”|
|“||In 27 days, I've made a friend, belittled by now former friend, got the sympathy of a tribemate, got a break, belittled again, went through depression, kicked depression's ass, and reignited my passion for the game. I asked to get voted out mainly to clear my head. It's not easy to be out here. I'm wishing the best of luck to Genette and the rest of the Suvorov Six. Bye.||”|
Still In the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- Someone proposes a final four alliance within the Suvorov Six.
- A Survivor Auction may spin this game around.
- Erick tries his hardest to survive.
- The reward challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Philippines episode, Whiners are Wieners.
- The immunity challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Samoa episode, Tastes Like Chicken.