|"Make That Mistake"|
|Previous||Catch Up On My Z's|
This is the Nineth episode of Survivor: Argentina
Previously on Survivor...
Heather went to Audi and Kristie with the information Nikki had told her hoping to get them to flip. Audi however, went back to Nikki and Sara with the information. Over at Necochea, Jay questioned Tree about his position in the tribe. Tree let him know he is not at the bottom. At the immunity challenge, La Plata struggled and feel behind losing the challenge. At tribal, Heather was confident about how the vote would go. When the vote cam however, Heather did not convince anyone to save her and has voted out 5-1.
Reward Challenge: Beach Balls
One person on each team will fire a ball from a sling shot towards the others. The other castaways must catch the ball in a net to score a point. First team to 5 points wins reward.
Reward: A feast of various foods.
Winners: Kristie, Scott, Totolax, Tree, and Zaya
Immunity Challenge: I Hold On
Each contestant holds onto a rope whilst leaning out over a pool of water and balancing on a small platform. At designated intervals, the contestants will be lowered, increasing the angle at which they hang over the water by a crank automatically lowering them. Last person holding on wins the challenge.
The tribe arrives back at camp following tribal.
- Another one down.- Audi
- That was another easy vote.- Sara
- Well I am going to lay down and get a little rest.- Kristie
- We might not be getting that yet.- Zaya
- What do you mean?- Nikki
Zaya point out a note and key on their shelter.
- Read what it says.- Nikki
- Okay... Gather your things as quickly as you can. Take this key with you and head towards the location depicted on the map. You will not be able to come back for anything you leave behind. Make sure you have everything you want.- Zaya
Everyone looks at each other.
- Well we first need to grab the chickens.- Sara
- Our only reward.- Audi
- Kristie, grab the rice. I'll get the beans.- Nikki
- I have the rest of the matches in my pocket as well.- Kristie
- Good. Are we forgetting anything?- Zaya
- Doesn't look like it. Let's grab our bags and leave.- Sara
- I'm going to miss this place.- Audi
- We all will.- Nikki
- Let's go girls.- Zaya
The tribe heads out of the camp and towards a new location.
Everyone is sleeping in the shelter. Scott opens his eyes after hearing the sound of chickens.
|“||I'm sleeping good until I hear chickens. I listen more and I hear feet. I look and I see the girls coming.||”|
Scott gets up out of the shelter.
- Get out La Plata.- Scott
- Well that isn't much of a welcoming.- Nikki
- Does it look like I am a welcoming guy? What are you doing here?- Scott
- We received a note to come to this location.- Zaya
- Well that's nice. Let me see the note then you can leave and go back.- Scott
- Can't but here you go.- Kristie
Kristie hands Scott the note. He crumbles it up before throwing it in the fire. Scott then goes and wakes up the rest of Necochea.
- What are you getting us up about?- Jay
- La Plata is here.- Scott
- Oh, hey girls.- Totolax
- Hey, Totolax.- Zaya
- Necochea take your first look at our new tribe.- Sara
- Heather was voted out a while ago.- Nikki
- Okay.- Tree
- Scott, go back to sleep. We can move over and let them sleep in the shelter. We can discuss then being here tomorrow.- T.P.
|“||I don't know why the girls are here. I have an idea but I'm too tired right now to do anything.||”|
|“||I hope we won't have to deal with Scott long. I already hate him.||”|
Scott and Totolax are up and out of the shelter earlier. Totolax is making eggs that Scott took from the chicken pen. Everyone else slowly wakes up.
- Of course. Scott is up to try to kick us out again.- Sara
- Totolax is making some eggs before you girls leave.- Scott
- Scott, quit being like that for a while. Zaya, explain.- T.P.
- We had a note that told us to come here with this key and our stuff.- Zaya
Zaya hands T.P. the key.
- Tree, come here.- T.P.
- Sure, what's up?- Tree
- I'm betting this key of their opens that chest of ours.- T.P.
- Seriously. I could have opened it yesterday.- Scott
Tree grabs the key from T.P. and uses it to open the chest.
- What's in there so I can kick the girls out.- Scott
- Are you ever going to get off that?- Nikki
- I don't think he will.- Jay
- He is going to have to.- Tree
- What was in there?- Scott
- I'll read this note.- Tree
Tree get up with a note in one hand and a bag in the other.
- The game is at the next stage. Drop your buffs for you are merge. In this chest is a bag of new buffs. It also has a blank flag with a new bag of each rice and beans. Use the paint to come up with a new name and new flag.- Tree
- I guess I will have to settle with voting them out.- Scott
- Throw us the buff.- Audi
Tree opens the bag, grabs on and throws the bag to Audi who passes out the other buffs.
- Well I guess we need a new tribe name.- Kristie
- Let's think of something. Why not a combination of the two.- Jay
- Cause that is stupid.- Scott
- Well a$$hole, do you have an idea on what we can name the tribe?- Zaya
- Just do the capital of Argentina.- Scott
- That would work.- Sara
- I'm good with Buenos Aires.- Tree
- Fine.- Nikki
- Totolax, write it on there.- T.P.
- I did.- Totolax
- Um, Tototlax.- Audi
- What?- Totolax
- You misspelled it.- Scott
- I did?- Totolax
- Aires is spelled A, I, R, E, S. You have it I, R, I, S.- Kristie
- That's iris not Aires.- Scott
- Oh. My bad.- Totolax
- Your Mexican. How do you make that mistake?- Sara
- I'm sorry. I guess we will go by Buenos Iris now.- Totolax
- I guess so.- Tree
- Buenos Iris it is.- Jay
Audi, Zaya and Kristie are off in the woods.
- Well, it's now an individual game.- Zaya
- I wanna take out Scott.- Audi
- The way he acted makes me wonder why they haven't voted him out already.- Kristie
- I think we have two option.- Zaya
- Please tell me Scott is one.- Audi
- I was thinking Jay or Totolax.- Zaya
- Putting personal aside. Tree is another good option.- Kristie
- He really is.- Audi
- So we have three options. Jay, Tree or Totolax.- Zaya
- We need numbers though.- Kristie
- Yeah. We should start talking with them to see who is at the bottom.- Audi
- I'll go back to camp to go talk to some of them.- Kristie
- Okay.- Zaya
Kristie heads back to camp. Tree also comes up.
- Hey Zaya and...- Tree
- Audi.- Audi
- Okay. Hey Audi.- Tree
- Hey Tree. We were just talking.- Zaya
- We were wondering why Scott wasn't ever voted out.- Audi
- T.P. wanted to keep him around and Scott has had his moments of being nice.- Tree
- You would never think he could be nice.- Zaya
- That's for sure.- Audi
- Would you be willing to vote him out.- Zaya
- He might be an a$$ but he has been pretty helpful to us.- Tree
- I'm starting to like you Tree.- Audi
- This may be a shock but what if the three of us were the final three.- Zaya
- I would be good with that.- Tree
- That sounds like a plan.- Audi
- Final three right here.- Zaya
|“||I'm now in a final three with Zaya and Audi. I feel like I am in a good spot right now.||”|
|“||We got Tree into a final three. I am really willing to keep that deal but I hope it doesn't conflict with my other alliance too soon.||”|
Back at camp T.P., Totolax, Jay and Scott are discussing voting plans.
- I think Zaya is they're strongest person.- Jay
- I think Nikki is.- Scott
- Nikki has been the strongest for them overall.- Totolax
- T.P., what do you think?- Scott
- I think we should go Nikki and Zaya as a back-up.- T.P.
- I agree.- Jay
- I'll tell Tree when he gets back over here.- Totolax
- Make sure he knows.- Scott
- I'll tell him tonight.- T.P.
|“||We need to get rid of the strength now and I want them girls out of my camp.||”|
Buenos Iris Night
Tree and T.P. are down at the beach
- We decided on who our first target is.- T.P.
- Is there a back up?- Tree
- Yes.- T.P.
- Who are they?- Tree
- Nikki is our first target with Zaya as the back up.- T.P.
- Okay.- Tree
- Do you have any other suggestions?- T.P.
- What about Sara? I understand she was their cook over there.- Tree
- So people like her.- T.P.
|“||Tree is starting to worry me a bit but I get that Sara could be a better option.||”|
|“||I was scared for a minute. Nikki could easily win immunity and I don't want to vote Zaya.||”|
Sara, Nikki and Zaya are hanging around the shelter.
- I love this place.- Nikki
- They did win almost all of the rewards.- Sara
- Yeah. Have any of you talked to any of the guys?- Zaya
- I could talk to Jay later.- Sara
- Jay could be trouble to take out later though.- Nikki
- I was thinking about who would we vote out.- Zaya
- Scott.- Sara
- Well if we want to vote out a strong person then Jay or Tree are good options.- Nikki
- What about Totolax?- Zaya
- The dude can cook.- Sara
- T.P. seems like the leader.- Nikki
- I think we should go Tree.- Sara
- I think we should do Totolax first.- Zaya
- I don't know. He probably won't win an immunity challenge.- Nikki
- I see him as a social threat.- Zaya
- I guess you're right.- Sara
- Let's talk more later.- Nikki
- Alright.- Zaya
|“||Zaya is up to something. I can't pick up on what it is yet.||”|
|“||I hope I get them off of voting Tree. I don't want to go off my deal this early.||”|
The tribe arrive at a beach location.
- Welcome to today's challenge. Sara, what's the new tribe name?- Jeff Probst
- Buenos Iris. Totolax misspelled the capital on the flag.- Sara
|“||Alright. Let's get to today's challenge. You will be divided into teams. One person from each team will operate a slingshot to shoot a ball into the water where the remaining team members await. You will attempt to catch the ball in a net scoring a point for his or her team regardless of who shot it. The first team to five points wins reward. What to know what you are playing for?||”|
|“||The winning team will leave here and enjoy the traditional merge feast. Losers will have to settle for what they have at camp. We'll draw for teams and get started.||”|
After teams are drawn and everyone is in their position.
|“||On the Gold team we have Tree, Kristie, Totolax, Zaya and Scott With Totolax operating the slingshot. Against the green team of Sara, T.P., Nikki, Jay, and Audi with T.P. on the slingshot. When I say shoot you can fire off your first shot. Ready...Shoot.||”|
Totolax fires a ball and it goes way over Kristie with her missing.
T.P. fires a ball and it hits Tree in the head falling in his net.
Jeff, "Tree scores one. Kristie misses it. The score is gold team 1. Green team 0. Next shot."
Totolax fires a ball and it is caught by Jay.
T.P. fires and is caught by Scott.
Jeff, "Jay intercepts one while Scott intercepts the other. Gold 2. Green 1. Next shot."
Totolax fires a ball and is caught by Nikki.
T.P. fires a ball and is way off of Sara."
Jeff, "Nikki intercepts. We are tied at 2. Next shot."
Totolax fires a ball and is caught by Zaya.
T.P. fires and is caught by Scott.
Jeff, "Scott intercepts and Zaya scores one. Gold 4. Green 2. Next Shot."
Totolax fires a ball and is missed by Kristie.
T.P. fires a ball and is caught by Audi.
Jeff, "Audi scores a point. Gold 4. Green 3. Next shot."
Totolax fires a ball and is misssed by Scott.
T.P. fires and is caught by Tree after bumping into Jay.
|“||Tree scores. Gold team wins reward.||”|
After everyone is back at the mat.
|“||Tree, Kristie, Totolax, Zaya, Scott, congratulations. As for the rest of you, I have nothing for you. Grab your stuff and head back to camp.||”|
Tree, Kristie, Totolax, Zaya and Scott arrive at the location of the reward to a table filled will chicken, mashed potatoes, soda, hot dogs, hamburgers and more.
- This all looks so good.- Totolax
- Zaya and I aren't used to wining the rewards.- Kristie
- All we ever got was the chickens.- Zaya
- Sit down and enjoy.- Scott
- I feel bad for the other though.- Tree
- They have been all crazy with things.- Scott
- Take a break from the game and eat up.- Kristie
- I'm just surprised I made it this far.- Zaya
- Zaya, you have been lovely at camp.- Kristie
- Scott is the one that started of bad.- Tree
- I've been great at camp Tree.- Scott
- So how was I as tribemate?- Totolax
- Totolax, you might not be great at the challenges but you are one hell of a cook.- Scott
- You really are.- Zaya
- Thanks, cooking is my life. What about you Zaya?- Totolax
- Oh, well I'm a graphic artist. I've always been good at drawing.- Zaya
- I think we need to see some.- Kristie
- Can you paint something on the flag?- Tree
- Sure. Tree, how about you? What do you do?- Zaya
- I'm a police officer. It's been a family thing. Kristie, what about you?- Tree
- I'm a nurse. I always loved the medical field of things.- Kristie
- Scott, we haven't heard what you do.- Zaya
- I was kicked out of the marines.- Scott
- Wow.- Kristie
- Honorably or not?- Zaya
- Dishonorably. I punched my uncle who was my commanding officer.- Scott
- Oh.- Kristie
- I'm not proud of it but it happened.- Scott
- I don't know if you can ever go back.- Tree
- I don't think you can.- Totolax
- My uncle says he could pull stings for me but I'm not sure if I really want to.- Scott
- I think you should.- Zaya
- Yeah.- Kristie
- I'll think about it.- Scott
- You really should.- Tree
|“||The reason I haven't told my uncle that I would do it is because I don't know if even he could get me back in.||”|
Jay and Sara are at the beach while everyone else is at the camp.
- You wanted to talk.- Jay
- Yeah. What all has been going on your tribe.- Sara
- Nothing really.- Jay
- Who do you think is at the bottom. I mean Audi is for our tribe.- Sara
- I've always thought it was Scott.- Jay
- Ugh. I hate him.- Sara
- Vote him out.- Jay
- I want to but the others want Totolax or you.- Sara
- Well if you want me to join you then you aren't doing good.- Jay
- I'm saying if you would then I could get them to vote Totolax.- Sara
- My Tribe has been thinking of rocks for a long time and I think we are going to be doing that this time.- Jay
- Why put you fate to chance.- Sara
- Not if I win tomorrow.- Jay
- True. That is still chance though.- Sara
- I know.- Jay
|“||Jay is a hard person to crack. If we want to take control then we need to find someone that will crack.||”|
|“||Sara is becoming a problem but it can wait til Nikki is gone.||”|
The tribe is out in the water.
|“||Welcome to today's immunity challenge. Tree, I will take back tribal immunity.||”|
Tree walks over and hands Jeff the idol.
|“||Tribal immunity is dead. Instead, individual immunity is at stake. For today challenge, you will hold onto a rope behind you. At various intervals I will use the crank to lower your angle closer towards the water. If you fall, you are out. Last person standing wins immunity and is guaranteed a 1 and 9 at wining this game. We'll draw for spots and get started.||”|
Everyone goes up to a spot grabbing a rope, turning around and getting up on the end of the platform. Jeff then begins to crank the rope out.
Jeff, "And with this the challenge is on."
Totolax falls down.
Jeff, "We are not even a minute in and Totolax is out."
Jeff cranks out more rope.
Jeff, "The challenge will only get harder as you get closer to the water."
Jeff, "And with that Scott is out of this challenge."
Jeff cranks out more rope.
Jeff cranks out more rope.
Jeff, "T.P., Kristie, and Sara are all out."
Jeff cranks out more rope.
Jeff, "And with that we are down to three."
Jeff cranks out more rope.
Jeff, "Zaya is out of this challenge. We are down to."
Before Jeff finishes Nikki falls.
|“||Nikki is out. Jay wins immunity.||”|
After everyone is back on the mat.
|“||Jay, come get the necklace. The rest of you, somebody will be voted out of this game tonight. Grab your stuff and head back to camp.||”|
The tribe gets back to camp following the challenge.
Zaya, Sara, Audi, Nikki, and Kristie head off into the woods.
- Are we all decided on Nikki.- T.P.
- She nearly beat me.- Jay
- I am good with it.- Scott
- Sounds good.- Tree
- She has to go.- Totolax
- Totolax, we are still maybe going to go to rocks.- Scott
- I know but hopefully one of them votes with us or doesn't vote with them.- Totolax
- Yeah.- Jay
|“||I'm in a difficult spot right now. I want to stay with Zaya but she could get targeted too.||”|
In the woods.
- We should go Totolax.- Zaya
- That dude can not win a challenge to save his life.- Sara
- Everyone likes him though.- Audi
- Alright. We will go Totolax this time but next time.- Nikki
- We better be right about this.- Kristie
- We are. Just trust me.- Zaya
- Alright Zaya.- Sara
|“||This is tough. I have a deal with Tree. I was able to get them away from it but what happens next time.||”|
|“||Audi and Zaya are definitely hiding something.||”|
The group leaves for camp with Zaya whispering to Tree when no one is looking and Sara whispering to Jay with everyone seeing.
The tribe arrives at tribal, placing their torches behind them and taking a seat.
|“||Welcome to tribal council. Scott, how has it been with Zaya and the other girls at camp?||”|
- Things are always moving. Everyone is trying to get an upper hand.- Scott
- Zaya, are tribe lines the alliance lines as well?- Jeff Probst
- I believe they started that way. Like Scott said everyone is trying to get an upper hand.- Zaya
- Jay, you have immunity. Did you need it?- Jeff Probst
- You have to have the mindset of I need it because anything can happen.- Jay
- Everyone has been talking to everyone.- Tree
- Totolax, you fell early in the challenge. Could that be a reason people want to keep you now.- Jeff Probst
- I would hope so but so much goes into who you vote for.- Totolax
- Audi, How do you think this vote will go? Do you expect a tie?- Jeff Probst
- I don't expect a tie to occur but anything could happen.- Audi
- Anything can. Plans are always made and changed.- T.P.
- T.P., could it be you tonight?- Jeff Probst
- The only one it can't be is Jay.- T.P.
|“||With that it is time to vote. Audi, your up.||”|
Audi gets up, heads to the urn and votes. The rest of the tribe follows.
|“||I'll go tally the votes.||”|
Jeff leaves, grabs the urn and comes back.
|“||Once the votes have been read the decision is final. Person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.||”|
Nikki...2 votes Nikki
Totolax...2 votes Nikki, 1 vote Totolax
Totolax...2 votes Nikki, 2 votes Totolax
Totolax...3 votes Totolax, 2 votes Nikki, next vote
Nikki...3 votes Totolax, 3 votes Nikki, 4 votes left, next vote
Nikki...4 votes Nikki, 3 votes Totolax, 3 votes left
Totolax...4 votes Nikki, 4 votes Totolax, 2 votes left
Totolax...5 votes Totolax, 4 votes Nikki, 1 vote left
|“||Tenth person voted out of Survivor: Argentina...Totolax. You need to bring me your torch.||”|
Totolax gets up, grabs his torch, and walk to Jeff.
Jeff, "Totolax, the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go."
Totolax walks out of tribal and into the night.
|“||From your looks this was definitely a blindside and more are to come I'm sure. Grab your stuff and head back to camp. Good night.||”|
Totolax (6 votes)
Audi, Kristie, Nikki, Sara, Tree, Zaya
Nikki (4 votes)
Jay, Scott, T.P.,Totolax
|“||You could become a big threat down the road because people like you.||”|
|“||I hope this is the right call. Been great playing with you.||”|
|“||We decided to take you out while you haven't got immunity but it could go to rocks.||”|
|“||Well, I honestly can't figure out if it was Scott or Jay. I wish my alliance good luck and I hope one of you wins. Thing are getting interesting.||”|
Still In The Running
Next Time on Survivor...
The men now in the minority, try to find a way into the majority.
The title was said by Sara on Totolax misspelling Buenos Aires as Buenos Iris.