|"Make Them Misplay"|
|Previous||I Hate Clowns|
|Next||It's Very Dangerous|
This is the third episode of Survivor: Brazil
Reward Challenge: Bocce In A Box
Three castaways from each tribe would play a game similar to bocce. A flag would be placed in the center of a circle. The castaways would take turns tossing three balls each at the flag. The tribe who throws a ball closest to the flag would win.
Immunity Challenge: Knots
Each tribe would race across a field to retrieve a crate and bring it back to their mat. Once back the tribe must open up the crate containing a metal ring tied inside of a huge knot. The first tribe to get the ring out of the knot would win.
Previously On Survivor
A day time get together between Cody, Suz, Ruth and D-Lamm led to many things. An alliance being formed, the reason behind Suz' grumpiness and Cody's age. With Jefember a definite next target on Juventude, talk started even more about who would be after Jefember. At Sabedoria, Leo pleaded to be an important part of the immunity challenge. He would get his wish when Cody and Ruth would step back during the last part of the challenge leaving him alone and out of luck as Juventude walked away victorious. At tribal, Leo tried to save himself but was unable to swing the votes resulting in his vote out 9-1.
The tribe arrives back at camp following tribal.
|“||Now that we have been to tribal a lot more is known. Cody is someone to look out for in terms of being a threat.||”|
- Well gang. I for one don't want to go back to tribal.- Cody
- We are bound to go back eventually.- Suz
- Well let it be a long time.- Kelly
- - Karen
- - D-Lamm
- Fine. I'll say it.- Karen
- Say what?- Cody
- About what Leo said.- Karen
- Forget about it.- Cody
- Did you and Ruth step back and not help him out?- Devin
- What does it matter?- Cody
- Because we might not have lost.- Karen
- I for one am going to go lay down.- Ruth
- Did you and Ruth step back and not help?- Karen
- I don't have to answer to you.- Cody
- So you admit it. You two stepped back.- Kelly
- If I say yes will you drop it?- Cody
- Yes.- Karen
- Then we did. Happy now.- Cody
- I can't believe this.- Karen
- Let's argue about this tomorrow.- JJ
- Night everyone.- Karen
|“||Karen is really making me mad. I did what we agreed and let him take the big roll. She is setting herself up now.||”|
|“||I can't believe Cody would seriously do that. I wish we could just turn right back around and get rid of him today.||”|
Andrew is sitting in the shelter while Jordan and Emilie are talking. Jefember is in the woods and the rest on the beach.
- I'm excited for the next challenge.- Emilie
- I am too.- Jordan
- The only thing I'm worried about is what happens after Jefember goes.- Emilie
- I hope it can be Yul.- Jordan
- He talks too much.- Emilie
- And he is so loud.- Jordan
- I know. I wish we could get Yul out before Jefember.- Emilie
- Now that's a plan.- Jordan
- Do you think we could pull it off?- Emilie
Jordan and Emilie head off into the woods.
|“||So I'm just sitting there listening to Emilie and Jordan, they start making plans. The goal in this game is to plant seeds in their heads. A plan here, a plan there. Also, try to make them misplay their hand so they leave before their time. Emilie and Jordan might be doing that.||”|
Yul and Brownie arrive from the beach.
- We have a couple more targets ready.- Andrew
- What happened?- Brownie
- Emilie and Jordan are wanting to take out Yul before Jefember.- Andrew
- Seriously?- Yul
- Yeah.- Andrew
- Did they ask you if you wanted to join them in it?- Brownie
- Nope. We shouldn't act on it now. For all we know, they could be thinking of a bigger plan.- Andrew
- True. Let's keep this to ourselves for now.- Yul
- Deal.- Brownie
|“||I trust Andrew and thanks to him being in the right spot I have my next targets after Jefember.||”|
Cody, Karen, Kelly, Ruth, and JJ are hanging around the shelter. D-Lamm and Suz are in the woods. Kyle and Devin are down on the beach.
- Now, tell us why you two decided to basically throw the challenge?- Karen
- We didn't throw the challenge.- Cody
- You kinda did.- Karen
- We all know that we could have won that had you helped.- Kelly
- We did what we thought was right.- Ruth
- Karen, Kelly, calm down. It was a risk.- JJ
- Exactly. One challenge isn't going to make a difference.- Cody
- It makes plenty of difference.- Karen
- We need to work together. That means no throwing challenges for any reason.- Kelly
- You're not the boss.- Cody
- Okay, we need some kinda of leader over here.- Karen
- I say it should be the oldest.- JJ
- I'm good with that.- Cody
- Ages now. I'm 50.- Karen
- 58. I beat you.- Cody
- Cody, I've got you by two years.- Ruth
- 61. I think I win.- D-Lamm
D-Lamm and Suz walk out of the woods.
Kyle and Devin walk up from the beach.
- Well then. I am our leader for now. We need to work together on things. Let the past be what it is. It is the past.- D-Lamm
- Okay.- Cody
- Now that this is settled. Suz, can you read what we found?- D-Lamm
- Sure.- Suz
|“||Pick three people from your tribe and meet at the following location.||”|
–Suz (reading the note)
Cody, Ruth, Karen, Andrew, Brownie, and Jordan arrive in a field location.
|“||Welcome to today's challenge. For today's challenge, you will receive three balls each. You will take turns tossing those balls at the flag in the middle of the circle. At the end, the tribe with a ball closest to the flag wins reward. Want to know what you are playing for?||”|
|“||The winning tribe will receive three chickens. We will draw for the order and get started.||”|
After everyone has their balls and the order been decided.
Jeff, "Let's begin. Ruth, you're up first."
Ruth walks up and throws her balls one after another with her closest being 12 inches away.
Jeff, "Ruth sets the bar at 12 inches away. Jordan, your turn."
Jordan walks up and throws her balls one after another with her closest being 31 inches away.
Jeff, "Ruth is still in the lead. Karen, your turn."
Karen walks up and throws her balls one after another with her closest being 29 inches away.
Jeff, "29 inches. Ruth is still in the lead. Brownie, your turn."
Brownie walks up and throws his balls one after another with his closest being 10 inches away.
Jeff, "Brownie takes the lead. Cody, you're up."
Cody walks up and throws his balls one after another with his closest being 13 inches away.
Jeff, "No good. Andrew, your turn."
Andrew walks up and throws his balls one after another with the closest being 11 inches away.
|“||At the end of this, Brownie is closest. Juventude wins reward.||”|
After the six are back on the mats.
|“||Juventude, come and get it. Sabedoria, I have nothing for you.||”|
Andrew and Brownie walk up and grab the chickens then everyone heads back to camp.
The tribe arrives back at camp following their win.
- We got chickens.- Bronwie
- Sweet.- Goliath
- When will we start getting eggs?- Emilie
- It will take time.- Goliath
- Maybe I will still be here when they start laying.- Jefember
- Or maybe you will be gone.- Yul
- It won't take too long. Remember last time they started getting some really soon after getting them.- Jordan
- Of course we remember seeing that.- Yul
- When we get eggs we will be able to slow up on the rice and beans.- Andrew
- I can go back to the area I found the bananas.- Goliath
- That would be good. Let's go.- Andrew
- Alright.- Goliath
Andrew and Goliath head off into the woods.
- Jefember, can i talk with you alone on the beach for a while?- Jordan
- No. I don't want to go down there. Maybe another time.- Jefember
- Okay.- Jordan
|“||I don't understand Jefember at all. The least he could do is suggest another place for us to talk. If I'm trying to save him then I need to talk to him.||”|
Suz, Cody, D-Lamm, Ruth, and JJ are hanging outside the shelter.
- Why do we keep losing?- D-Lamm
- That challenge wasn't one to be too worried about.- Cody
- I agree. Karen, is making me mad though.- Ruth
- I hate her.- Suz
- I think she went too far. You too did what you thought was best.- JJ
- Exactly. Had he won the challenge, he would have looked like a hero.- Cody
- I wouldn't change doing it if I was allowed to.- Ruth
- Okay, we need to figure out what we are doing.- D-Lamm
- I say throw the challenge and get rid her.- JJ
- What do you think Cody.- D-Lamm
- I can't stand her. If we can get away with it then fine.- Cody
- I'm good with it.- Suz
- Okay.- Ruth
- Then it is settled.- D-Lamm
|“||Karen is going to regret ever making me mad.||”|
Jordan, Emilie and Goliath are hanging around the shelter.
- Hey Goliath.- Jordan
- What's up?- Goliath
- We are gathering a group to take out Yul before Jefember.- Emilie
- Really?- Goliath
- Yeah. If we can get you and one other person. We can tell Jefember and then turn the tides on Yul.- Jordan
- Do you think we could pull it off?- Goliath
- We can totally pull this off.- Jordan
- Then it can be quieter around here.- Emilie
- I know.- Jordan
- Who should we talk to about this?- Goliath
- I can talk with Brownie.- Jordan
- That would be good.- Goliath
- Yeah. If you can get Brownie then we just have to inform Jefember.- Emilie
- Let's go.- Jordan
Jordan and Emilie head off.
|“||Jordan and Emilie are going after one of my allies. They also plan on talking with another about it. They are setting themselves up for an elimination.||”|
Kelly, Karen, Devin and Kyle are hanging around the beach.
- Cody better not try anything like what he did again.- Karen
- If he does we can just call him out on it.- Kelly
- But will people listen?- Devin
- I think they will if he does it for a second time.- Karen
- The first time is fine but if it continues it's a problem.- Kelly
- Good point. If he does it again we can just say he will always do that.- Devin
- Exactly. Kyle, what are you thinking.- Karen
- It doesn't matter to me.- Kyle
- What do you mean it doesn't matter?- Devin
- It just doesn't matter to me.- Kyle
- How do you not have an opinion on this?- Karen
- I just don't.- Kyle
- That's weird. You should always have some kind of opinion.- Karen
- Well I'm sorry I don't have one.- Kyle
- Karen it's fine.- Kelly
- Yeah.- Devin
- Kyle, just make sure you vote Cody if we lose.- Karen
- Whatever.- Kyle
|“||Kyle is just off right now. He has no care what so ever about what is happening. He is simply just here.||”|
|“||I usually have an opinion on things. I'm just a little tired and don't function well while tired.||”|
Everyone is sleeping in the shelter except for Yul who went walking in the woods who has just come back.
Jefember and the rest of the tribe wake up and get out of the shelter.
- Seriously Yul?- Jordan
- We need to sleep.- Callie
- I know. Rest up for the next challenge.- Goliath
- I need my sleep.- Courtney
- We al need our sleep.- Brownie
- Fine. Go to sleep. Then you might miss something important.- Yul
- Yul, tell us why you woke us up.- Andrew
- I would be glad to.- Yul
|“||The game is always moving forward and you may not ever get any sleep. Tonight you will play for safety so that you may sleep another day.||”|
–Yul (reading the note)
- A challenge now.- Callie
- That's right.- Yul
- I'm dead.- Jefember
- Looks like we get no rest for the challenge.- Goliath
- Yep.- Jordan
|“||I wanted to sleep not have a challenge. At least when we do sleep we know we will be safe.||”|
The tribes arrive at a field location.
|“||Juventude, getting your first look at the new Sabedoria tribe. Leo voted out at the last tribal council.||”|
|“||Welcome to tonight's immunity challenge. Yul, I will take it back.||”|
Yul walks up, hands Jeff the idol and walks back.
|“||Immunity is back up for grabs. For tonight's challenge, you will race across this field to the crates on the other side. When you get to the crates, you must then move the crates back to the mat. After you bring your crate back you will open it and take out the tied up rope with a ring in it. The first tribe to get the ring out of the knots wins immunity. Loser, tribal council tomorrow where somebody will be voted out of this game. I'll give you a minute to strategize and we will get started.||”|
The tribes gather in there groups and discuss who to go about the challenge. After everyone is back on the mats.
|“||On my go you may begin running towards your crates. You can not bring back your crate or open it before everyone on your tribe is at the crate. Survivors ready...GO.||”|
Everyone begins running towards the crates. Karen and Jefember starts falling behind. Soon after Kyle starts falling beind as well.
Jeff, "Karen, Kyle, and Jefember are falling back. No tribe will be able to carry their crate back until they get there."
Yul, "Jefember, hurry up."
Yul, Andrew, Brownie, Callie, and Goliath reach the crate. They are followed by Cody, Suz, JJ, Kelly, and Ruth. Jordan and Courtney reach the crate soon after.
Jeff, "Juventude is waiting on Jefember and Emilie. Sabedoria is waiting on D-Lamm, Karen and Kyle."
Yul, "Hurry up Jefember."
Emilie and D-Lamm reach the crates. Jefember reaches the crate soon after.
Jeff, "Juventude can head back now. Kyle and Karen need to reach their crate."
Yul and Goliath pick up and carry their crate. Everyone else from Juventude runs ahead of them. Kyle reaches the crate.
Kelly "Karen, come on."
Jeff, "Sabedoria only needs Karen."
Andrew, Brownie, Callie and Jefmeber reach the mat with Brownie dropping Jefember onto the mat.
Brownie, "Sorry. We couldn't wait on you again."
Karen reaches the crate.
Jeff, "Sabedoria can start heading back now."
Cody and Ruth carry the crate back. Emilie, Courtney, and Jordan reach the mat. Yul and Goliath reach the mat with the crate soon after.
Jeff, "Juventude can open their crate and begin trying to get the ring."
Andrew opens the crate and empties it. Yul, Brownie and Andrew begin untying the knots. Jefember is laying down sleeping. D-Lamm, JJ and Kelly reach the mats. Kyle is on the ground sleeping.
Jeff "Juventude is making good progress. Sabedoria needs to pick it up."
Cody and Ruth reach the mat with the crate. Andrew, Brownie and Yul continue untying knots. Kelly and Devin reach the mat soon after.
Cody "Karen hurry."
Jeff, "Juventude is getting close."
Yul grabs a hold of the ring and Andrew unties the last of the knots allowing Yul to pull the ring out.
|“||Juventude wins immunity.||”|
After Kyle and Jefember are woken up and everyone is back on the mats.
|“||Juventude come and get it. As for Sabedoria, tribal tomorrow where somebody will be voted out of this game. Grab your stuff and head back to camp.||”|
Goliath, Andrew, Yul, Callie, and Brownie are hanging around the shelter.
- Yesterday Jordan and Emilie were talking to me about blindsiding Yul.- Goliath
- I overheard them talking about that a couple days ago.- Andrew
- They aren't joking now.- Brownie
- Looks like they have chosen their fate.- Yul
- I think we will just keep winning.- Callie
- That would be awesome.- Brownie
- But I want to vote out Jefember.- Yul
- We can do that when we lose.- Andrew
- We should enjoy the wins because that's numbers for us.- Goliath
- Yeah.- Callie
- I'm sure we might be able to afford one loss.- Andrew
- Brownie even carried Jefember to the mat so we didn't have to wait on him.- Yul
- I didn't want him to end up like Kyle did.- Brownie
- He probably would have.- Goliath
- I think he would have.- Yul
- We can either keep winning or find a way to get rid of Jefember.- Andrew
- I say keep winning.- Callie
|“||Jefember is getting more and more useless as the days go on but we can't really throw a challenge in order to get rid of him so he will just have to stay.||”|
Everyone is hanging around outside the shelter. Nobody is talking. Simply eating the rice Suz had just made.
|“||It's really awkward right now. Nobody is even scrambling for votes. we are all just sitting and eating.||”|
- So, it sucks we lost.- Ruth
- We should have won that.- Karen
- Like you can talk. We were waiting on you and Kyle.- Cody
- Some one could have carried Kyle like they did with Jefember.- Kelly
- Guys, We lost. Let's move on.- D-Lamm
- I'm going down to the beach.- Karen
- I'll join you.- Kelly
Karen and Kelly head down to the beach.
- We should have carried Kyle when he fell asleep.- Devin
- I didn't fall asleep.- Kyle
- Say what?- Devin
- I didn't fall asleep during the challenge.- Kyle
- Care to explain.- Devin
- No. It's done and over.- Kyle
- Really?- Devin
- Yeah.- Kyle
- I'm gonna go to the beach.- Devin
Devin heads down to the beach.
The tribe arrives at tribal council placing their torches behind them before taking a seat.
|“||Welcome to tribal council. Cody, what happened at yesterday's challenge?||”|
- We were all caught off guard by the night challenge.- Cody
- Most of us were tired.- D-Lamm
- Kyle, you fell asleep during the challenge.- Jeff Probst
- No I didn't.- Kyle
- So what were you doing on the ground?- Jeff Probst
- Relaxing. Cody said I could relax on our way back to the mats so I did.- Kyle
- HE SAID WHAT?- Karen
- I could relax.- Kyle
- That sounds awfully familiar.- Kelly
- What are you implying?- Ruth
- You and Cody threw the challenge to get rid of Leo and now you had Kyle basically throw the challenge.- Karen
- I only told him to relax.- Cody
- Cody shouldn't be held accountable for Kyle laying down to relax. You weren't at the mat when we lost either. What's your excuse?- JJ
- I tried my hardest but I just couldn't run very fast while tired.- Karen
- This is the second time we have lost a challenge because of Cody.- Devin
- I don't believe it was Cody's fault.- D-Lamm
- D-Lamm, whose fault was it?- Jeff Probst
- I think it was Karen's.- D-Lamm
- How was it my fault?- Karen
- Your slow butt wasn't on the mat so that we could continue.- Suz
- Had Kyle not laid down we still would have lost because of you.- Ruth
- I can't believe this.- Karen
- What that you are more of a liability?- Cody
- We lost because you.- Suz
- So you guys are going to vote her out and let Cody continue to throw challenges.- Kelly
- I'm not throwing challenges.- Cody
- Whatever.- Karen
|“||With that it is time to vote. JJ, you're up first.||”|
JJ walks to the urn, places his vote and walks back. He is followed by the rest of the tribe ending with Devin.
|“||I'll go tally the votes.||”|
Jeff walks to the urn, grabs it and walks back.
|“||Once the votes have been read the decision is final. Person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.||”|
Karen...2 votes Cody, 1 vote Karen
Cody...3 votes Cody, 1 vote Karen
Karen...3 votes Cody, 2 votes Karen
Karen...3 votes Cody, 3 votes Karen, 3 votes left
Karen...4 votes Karen, 3 votes Cody, 2 votes left
|“||Third person voted out of Survivor: Brazil...Karen. You need to bring me your torch.||”|
Karen gets up, grabs her torch and walks to Jeff.
Jeff, "Karen, the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go."
Karen walks out of tribal and into the night."
|“||Once again a weak player is taken out. Could this be the turning point for the tribe or will you see me more and more because of what was trying to be said. Grab your stuff and head back to camp. Good night.||”|
Karen (6 votes)
Cody, D-Lamm, JJ, Kyle, Ruth, Suz
Cody (3 votes)
Devin, Karen, Kelly
|“||You are weak and I hate you.||”|
|“||We are losing because of you.||”|
|“||So I'm told you are going home so bye.||”|
|“||It makes me mad that they voted me out when clearly Cody will continue to cost them the challenges. They nee to realize that or they will just be joining me.||”|
Still in the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
A contestant is pushed to his limits causing him to leave the game.
The title was said by Andrew on what you do in Survivor after overhearing Jordan and Emilie.