|Season||Survivor: Ghost Island|
|Previous||It's an All-Out Manhunt For the Idol|
Previously on Survivor...
After attending their second consectutive tribal council, Melissa made plans with Yvette and Colin that Wesley would go next if Marau ended at tribal council again. They weren't, however, the only ones to make an alliance. Liam made an alliance consisting of himself, Kenni, and Bridget, mainly to find Totolo's hidden immunity idol.
At the reward challenge, Totolo worked together well to get first place while Frank and Wesley were behind for Kalou and Marau. Unfortunately, a mistake on Wesley's part caused Marau to lose their fourth challenge in a row. Later that day, Liam, Kenni, and Bridget launched a manhunt to look for Totolo's hidden immunity idol. After an hour of searching, Liam found the idol and shared the information with his allies.
At Kalou, two distinct pairs were created, Xane and Danny and Ashleigh and Shaniqua. Both pairs agree on Frank first, but need to get Rebeckah's vote to get one person from the other pair out. Rebeckah, realizing this, has some thinking to do.
Later, at the immunity challenge, Marau finally won a challenge, forcing Totolo to go to tribal council for the first time. Samantha decided on Bridget, and used blackmail to get Alec to vote with her. Hilbert decided to vote with her on fear on what dirt she has on him. Liam, however, believed his alliance would vote for Samantha. At tribal, Liam berated Samantha, saying how she operates. This pissed Samantha off enough to have Alec and Hilbert change their votes for Liam. In the end, Kenni's misreading for Alec caused Liam to leave at a 3-2-1 vote, but not before throwing the hidden immunity idol, which was gone along with him, into the fire pit. Fifteen remain, who will be voted out tonight?
Reward Challenge: Cannon Ski-Ball
Standing at the top of each tower, two members of each tribe will roll cannon balls down a long steep chute. While two other members will use ropes in an attempt to aim the chute trying to break one of the other tribe’s tiles. The first two tribes to break five of the other tribe’s tiles will win reward.
Reward: Sandwiches, chips, and drinks delivered to camp.
Winners in order of finish: Kalou & Totolo
Immunity Challenge: Deep In Thought
On a floating platform, tribe members, one by one, must dive down and retrieve eight wheel-shaped puzzle pieces that are clipped underwater. Once all are collected, they must identify the mystery eight-letter word ("treasure"). First tribe to finish wins immunity.
Returning from tribal council, Bridget and Kenni keep their distance from Samantha. They begin to talk about the vote.
- Do you have any idea who voted for Alec?- Bridget
- Actually, Bridget, I voted for him, I misread who you two wanted to leave. Je regrette.- Kenni
- Listen, don't beat yourself up, we'll figure a way to get Samantha out.- Bridget
- Thank you, Bridget.- Kenni
- Your welcome, now let's just get some sleep.- Bridget
|“||I'm not mad with Kenni on why she voted Alec. She had a bit of a grudge against him rather than Sam. My only worry is if we go back to tribal mine and Kenni's heads are on the chopping block.||”|
The Totolo tribe gets some rest for their next challenge.
The next day, the three tribes were summoned via treemail to the challenge area for their next reward challenge. Kalou and Marau arrive first, followed by the Totolo tribe.
- Marau and Kalou, getting a good look at the new Totolo tribe, Liam voted out at the last tribal council. For today's challenge, standing at the top of each tower, two members of each tribe will roll cannon balls down a long steep chute. While two other members will use ropes in an attempt to aim the chute trying to break one of the other tribe’s tiles. The first two tribes to break five of the other tribe’s tiles will win reward. You guys wanna know what you're playing for?- Jeff
- Yeah.- Castaways
- The winning two tribes will be delivered sandwiches, chips, and drinks to camp. Totolo, you have to sit out one person. Kalou you must sit two out. Dani and Rebeckah cannot sit out.- Jeff
- Frank and Shaniqua will sit out.- Xane
- I will, Jeff.- Hilbert
- Hilbert, Frank, and Shaniqua take a seat on the bench. Everyone else, I'll give you a minute to strategize.- Jeff
All three tribes are assigned a set of tiles. Marau recieves black tiles, Kalou recieves brown tiles, and Totolo recieves blue tiles. The twelve competing are told to start. Wesley, Alec, and Danny each shoot a cannon ball down each one of their tribes shutes. Colin and Melissa pull the shute to the center tile. Samantha and Kenni move the shute to the far left tile. Xane and Rebeckah pull the shute to far right tile. All three balls smash a tile.
Yvette, Bridget, and Ashleigh roll another ball down the shutes. Melissa and Colin move the shute to the right tile. Samantha and Kenni move the shute to the right tile. Xane and Rebeckah move the shute to the left tile. All three cannon balls smash another tile.
Wesley, Alec, and Danny load their tribe's shutes with another cannon ball. Melissa and Colin move the shute to the far right tile. Samantha, Kenni, Rebeckah, and Xane move both of their tribe's shutes to the center tile. All three tiles are smashed by a cannon ball.
Yvette, Bridget, and Ashleigh all roll another cannon ball down the shute. Melissa and Colin move the shute to the left tile. Samantha and Kenni move the shute to the left tile. Rebeckah and Xane move the shute to the right tile. Totolo and Kalou smash a tile, but Marau's cannon ball falls through the hole fo where the center tile was.
Wesley, Alec, and Danny shoot a cannonball down their tribe's shutes. Melissa and Colin keep the shute at the left tile. Samantha and Kenni move their shute to the far left tile. Rebeckah and Xane move the shute to the far right tile. All three cannon balls smash a tile, but Kalou and Totolo both brake all five tiles.
- Kalou and Totolo win reward!- Jeff
- Yes!- Samantha
- Totolo and Kalou, your reward will be waiting for you back at camp. Marau, I have nothing for you. You can all head back out.- Jeff
All three tribes return to their respective camps.
|“||This completely sucks. We really needed the food over the other two tribes. We've been eating nothing but rice and occasionally fish. I find it a bit unfair that they keep winning.||”|
The next day, rain begins early in the morning, until mid-morning, when it begins to pour heavily. By noon, thunder and llightning strikes. This forces everyone to stay in their camp's shelter.
At the Totolo camp, everyone is in the shelter huddled together.
|“||Goddammit! If this (bleep) rain doesn't let up soon, I'll go (bleep) insane.||”|
|“||*sighs* This rain is a real downer, we haven't been able to eat all day, we've all pretty much gone stir-crazy over staying in the shelter all day. This is not good for us.||”|
At the Kalou camp, the tribe is either relaxing or sleeping in their shelter.
|“||I this rain keeps up, I won't be able to leave the shelter. I got my hair did before leavin' for this game. If my weave gets ruined someone's gonna pay for it.||”|
At the Marau camp, Wesley decides to have a group prayer. The four form a circle in the shelter and hold their hands together.
- Alright repeat after me: Dear Lord.- Welsey
- Dear Lord- Colin, Melissa, and Yvette
- May you watch over us during this difficult obstacle and guide us with your light.- Wesley
- May you watch over us during this difficult obstacle and guide us with your light.- Colin, Melissa, and Yvette
- And give us the strength to help us in the next twenty-eight days of this lovely game.- Wesley
- And give us the strength to help us in the next twenty-eight days of this lovely game.- Colin, Melissa, and Yvette
- Amen.- Wesley
- Amen.- Colin, Melissa, and Yvette
After their prayer, the weather begins to dissipate.
|“||Oh the Lord and his miracles. Hallelujah!||”|
|“||I don't know what caused that to happen, but it was a glorious miracle.||”|
The next day, Totolo and Marau are summoned for their next immunity challenge.
- Marau, I need to take back the immunity idol. Once again immunity is back up for grabs. On a floating platform, tribe members, one by one, must dive down and retrieve eight wheel-shaped puzzle pieces that are clipped underwater. Once all are collected, they must identify the mystery eight-letter word. First tribe to finish wins immunity. Totolo, you have one extra member. Hilbert cannot sit out.- Jeff
- Bridget will, Jeff.- Alec
- Bridget, take a seat on the bench, everyone else, I'll give you a minute to strategize.- Jeff
All eight competing are on the platform. Wesley and Samantha dive in first. Both begin to unclip the first wheel. Samantha unclips it in a few seconds and returns to the platform. She gets on top of the platform and Alec dives in. Wesley unclips the first wheel as Alec begins to unclip the second wheel. Wesley gets on top of the platform and Melissa dives in. She begins to unclip the second wheel. Both Alec and Melissa get the wheel unclipped and return to the platform. When Melissa and Bridget get on the platform, Melissa dives back in and Hilbert dives in. The two get to the third wheel and begin to unclip the wheel. Both unclip the thrid wheel in about a minute. The two return to the platform. Melissa dives in for a third time. Kenni dives in. The two women begin to unclip the fourth wheel. Both get the wheel unclipped and return to the platform. Yvette and Samantha dive in the water and get to the fifth wheel. The two are quick to unclip the wheel. Both return to the platform. Yvette slips on the ladder, giving Totolo a slight time advantage as Alec dives in the water to retrieve the sixth wheel. Yvette gets on the platform and Colin dives in the water. Alec resurfaces with Totolo's sixth wheel as Colin is unclipping Marau's sixth wheel. Hilbert dives in and swims to Totolo's seventh wheel. Colin gets Marau's sixth wheel on the platform and dives back down. Colin reaches Marau's seventh wheel and Hilbert begins to swim back up with Totolo's seventh wheel. He gets on the platform and Kenni dives down. Colin resurfaces and Melissa dives in for the fourth time. Kenni unclips Totolo's eighth wheel as Melissa gets to Marau's eighth wheel. Kenni gets on the platform and Totolo begins to put the eight wheels in order. They begin to solve the word as Melissa gets to the platform with the eighth wheel, allowing Marau to start the puzzle. But, it is too late as Totolo already has the word solved.
- Totolo wins immunity!- Jeff
- Ugh.- Melissa
- Totolo, congratulations, you are safe for another three days. Marau, sadly I'll be seeing you again at tribal council. You have the afternoon to decide. You can all head back out.- Jeff
The two tribes return to their respective camps.
Around the Marau camp, nobody talks about the vote for tonight.
|“||Melissa, Yvette, and myself already know that Wesley is gone. Yvette may have slipped up, but overall Wesley is weaker.||”|
At sunset, the Marau tribe heads off to tribal council. Upon arriving they put their torches behind them and take a seat.
- Marau, welcome back to tribal council. Yvette, what does it feel like that tonight your tribe will be reduced to half of what it was?- Jeff
- Terrible. We've lost all but one challenge. We work together well, but mistakes are made during challenges. I think we fall apart in challenges.- Yvette
- Colin, what'll tribe life like after you vote out another person?- Jeff
- Well, Jeff, we'll have a disadvantage in numbers, but we'll have larger portions of food to have. However, we don't have a lot of food to begin with.- Colin
- Wesley, what is camp life like already?- Jeff
- Well, it's very blissful, and Melissa blesses us with fish once in a while, but normally we feast on plain rice and fruit. It was worse yesterday, when it was raining. Oh Lordy, Jeff, was it pourin', but after we had a group prayer, the Lord stopped weeping and gave us his glorious light.- Wesley
- That is deep Wesley.- Jeff
- Well I am a reverend, Jeff.- Wesley
- Touche. Melissa what's the game plan for tonight?- Jeff
- Well natural selection dictates that those who aren't strong enough to survive die off.- Melissa
- Basically, the person who is perceived as the weakest will leave.- Jeff
- That's right on the the money Jeff.- Melissa
- Alright, it is time to vote, Yvette, you're up.- Jeff
One by one, everyone votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn.
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it. Alright once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Wesley. Wesley. Next vote, Yvette. If the next vote goes to Yvette, we'll go to a tiebreaker Fourth person voted out of Survivor: Ghost Island......
- Well, I'm not mad at you guys.- Wesley
- Wesley, the tribe has spoken.- Jeff
- May the Lord help you three on your journey.- Wesley
- You guys voted out who you perceived as the weakest on the tribe. Hopefully the decision will help you. You can return to camp.- Jeff
The Marau tribe leaves the tribal council area and returns to camp
|Tribal Council 4:|
Wesley (3 votes)
Colin, Melissa, & Yvette
Yvette (1 vote)
|“||You are the oldest, and definitely not the strongest person this tribe.||”|
|“||Wesley, the three of us love you as a father figure, but you are the weakest on the tribe.||”|
|“||I know I'll be going after tonight, but I'm sure you're next Yvette.||”|
|“||I slipped up once, you've done so multiple times.||”|
|“||I'm not mad at my tribe for voting me out. Twelve days is better than none at all. Good luck Marau and let the Lord light the way.||”|
Still In the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- Will Wesley's faith help his tribe after being voted out?
- Everyone learns of a major twist.
- Two people will be axed after a dual tribal.
- The reward challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Nicaragua episode, What Goes Around, Comes Around.
- The immunity challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Philippines episode, This Isn't a 'We' Game.