|"New People, Old Drama"|
|Season||Survivor: Battle of the Ages|
|Previous||The Bro Alliance|
|Next||It's Broken, It's Gone|
Previously On Survivor...
After the elimination of Qiana, Mangaia showed that loyalty was number one on their list of people to keep. Erick and Ulrich wanted Octavia out next, due to her odd behavior. At the reward challenge, it ended up coming to Atiu and Mangaia, the oldest versus the youngest. Mangaia prevailed and won, giving them some morale, and sending Ivan to exile.
Later, Genette and Quinlan got suspicious of Kamryn and Astor, wanting to keep an eye on them. At the immunity challenge, Mangaia and Atiu were in a race for third and last. Atiu slow and steady pace beat the Mangaia's hurried pace, sending Mangaia back to tribal. After the challenge, Atiu pledged to stay together, and Erick threated Ulrich life if he was voted out. Ulrich quickly became the swing vote, but in the end vote with Erick, voting Octavia out. Thirteen remain who will be voted out tonight?
Reward Challenge: Shooting Gallery
Taking turns, one player at a time uses a replica World War II cannon gun to shoot color-coded tiles. First two tribe to break all five of their tiles wins.
Reward: A small feast for the original winners of the challenge
Extra Stipulation: The first two tribes to finish are safe, the other two are absorbed into the winning tribes.
Winners (in order of finish): Atiu & Suvorov
Immunity Challenge: Never Tear Us Apart
Two pairs stand on individual platforms, harnessed together at the waist and with each member holding a hook in the air. In two-minute intervals, the remaining members of the other tribe load up one pair with a five-pound weight on each hook. Drop a hook and the pair is out. Last pair standing wins.
Ulrich and Erick return to camp. Erick looks content and Ulrich looks gloomy.
- Thanks for not voting for me dude.- Erick
- Thanks.- Ulrich
- Good, now we have to focus on winning.- Erick
- Okay.- Ulrich
|“||I feel guilty voting for Octavia, but I wasn't sure if Erick threat was just a gimmick or a legitimate one.||”|
The two proceed to sleep, getting their rest for the reward challenge.
The next day, the four tribes were summoned to the challenge area. Tema, Suvorov, and Atiu arrive first, followed by Mangaia. Behind Jeff were cannons and a row of tiles, colored for each one of the tribes.
- Atiu, Tema, and Suvorov getting a new look at the new Mangaia tribe, Octavia voted out at the last tribal council. Now for your reward challenge. Taking turns, one player at a time uses a replica World War II cannon gun to shoot color-coded tiles. First tribe to break all five of their tiles wins. What to know what you're playing for?- Jeff
- Yes.- Castaways
- The winning tribes will go to a small feast with sandwiches, ribs, wings, and other delicacies. For dessert, you'll enjoy an assortment of pies. However, there is a twist, only the first two tribes will earn the reward, but only the original winners, because the last two tribes will be absorbed evenly into the winning tribes. Let's get started, Suvorov and Atiu, you have two extra people, and Tema you have one.- Jeff
- Shanika and Charmaine.- Yorick
- Marquis.- Garnet
- Astor and Kamryn.- Genette
- Shanika, Charmaine, Marquis, Astor, and Kamryn take a seat on the bench. I'll give the rest of you a minute to strategize.- Jeff
The eight people line up, and begin. Yorick, Zak, Erick, and Genette start first. Each fire at a tile. All four connect, and everyone swaps out. Ivan, Garnet, Ulrich, and Quinlan start. Everyone fires and all, but Ulrich, hit a tile. Yorick, Genette, and Zak come back in. Everyone fires again. Ulrich, Genette, and Yorick connect. Although everyone connects with their tiles, Atiu and Suvorov break all five tiles first, winning the reward.
- Congratulations Atiu and Suvorov, you two have earned reward. Tema, Mangaia, your two tribes will be absorbed into Atiu and Suvorov. So only four will be absorbed, and one will go to exile. Atiu, after close review, you'll choose first.- Jeff
- We'll take, Zak.- Yorick
- Suvorov, your turn.- Jeff
- Erick.- Kamryn
- Atiu, once more.- Jeff
- Ulrich.- Shanika
- We'll take Garnet.- Quinlan
- Okay, Marquis you'll go to Exile Island until after the next tribal council. Also there is one more twist, on person from the original Atiu and Suvorov tribes must switch. Who will it be?- Jeff
The tribes discuss amongst themsleves.
- I will Jeff.- Charmaine
- As will I.- Quinlan
- Congrats, to the new Suvorov and Atiu tribes. Charmaine, Ivan, Shanika, Yorick, Astor, Kamryn, Quinlan, and Genette, go and enjoy your reward. Everyone else head off to your new camps, and all your personal items will be sent there.- Jeff
Marquis takes one boat to Exile, and Charmaine, Ivan, Shanika, Yorick, Quinlan, Astor, Kamryn, and Genette take another boat to their reward. Erick, Garnet, Ulrich, and Zak go to their new camps.
|The New Atiu Tribe|
|The New Suvorov Tribe|
|Sent to Exile Island|
At Exile Island, Marquis chooses the right (comfort) path again.
|“||Screw it, I don't care which tribe I'm on, I'll be at the end of this game anyway, so no use for the idol.||”|
At the reward, the old Atiu and Suvorov tribes find this awkward, until they began to talk to each other. They enjoy the feast, all knowing how hungry they are.
|“||It was awkward at the reward, being in the vicinity of your enemies, but we all go past that and enjoyed some food we haven't had in weeks.||”|
|“||The feast was fun, everyone kinda lost the feeling of being enemies, and enjoyed the company. It felt like a merge, but not at the same time.||”|
After finishing the feast, everyone returns to their camps, content with their full stomachs and good time.
At Suvorov, Astor, Kamryn, and Genette welcome their new tribemates with open arms. After the greetings Charmaine and Garnet go to the beach.
- So, Charmaine, right?- Garnet
- Yes. Garnet, correct?- Charmaine
- Yes, nice to meet you.- Garnet
- Garnet, that's an unusual name.- Charmaine
- I know, my parents named me and my sibling after our birth stones. I have a brother named Ruby, sister named Alexandrite, another brother named Peridot, and another sister named Amethyst.- Garnet
- What do you do for a living?- Charmaine
- I'm a model and a modelling agent.- Garnet
- That sounds fun, much better than a bus driver and retirement.- Charmaine
- I know I've been to Paris, Madrid, London, Nice, Rome, Moscow, Tokyo, and Cape Town.- Garnet
- That sounds fun. I did consider being one, but that was before I met my husband, Peter. I don't think I can still do it anymore.- Charmaine
- Oh relax, you look like model material, some make-up to get rid of the wrinkles, and some hair dye, you'll look 35.- Garnet
- But I don't know a thing about modelling.- Charmaine
- I'll teach you then.- Garnet
Garnet shows some poses to Charmaine that she can easily do. For the rest of the day, the two exchanged stories, and had a little fun on the beach.
|“||Charmaine's like a mother, to me. I want to align with her, because she is a strong woman, even at 70. If I have to joke around with her that's fine.||”|
Later, as the Suvorov tribe is enjoying their rice, Garnet decided to tell the tribe something.
- I want to tell you all about Marquis.- Garnet
- What about him?- Erick
- You guys know how Willie was ejected from the game?- Garnet
- Actually, I really don't think we know the whole story, continue on.- Kamryn
- Well for the first three days of the Tema tribe, Marquis was extremely lazy, all he did was be in the shelter, and order one of us to do his bidding. I think Willie got the brunt of it. She was sexually harassed by him, called the c word a lot, and physiologically beat her. She cried a lot, and Zak and I comforted her, but apparently it didn't help. When we lost the first challenge, Marquis openly said we should vote Willie off because she was weak. That's how she snapped. She punched him in the eye, and basically that was the end of her journey.- Garnet
Everyone stops what they're doing and look in shock, disgusted on what happened. Erick even dropped his ration of rice.
|“||The main reason of telling the story was to show how evil Marquis truly is. I want him out badly, and if he ends up on this tribe, they'll have a reason to vote his lazy ass out.||”|
|“||I know that I hate weak people, and Marquis would be someone I'd target, but he's dead meat after Garnet told us that story.||”|
|“||Marquis is such (bleep) sexist pig, and he's so delusional, he thinks he's like Russell Hantz or something. He's a tumor, a cancerous one at that.||”|
|“||Wait, Willie was ejected from the game?||”|
|“||Marquis's actions are similar to Russell Hantz's. Makes me wonder who his hero is.||”|
|“||May Shiva have no pity on you, Marquis.||”|
At Atiu, Yorick, Ivan, and Shanika welcome their new tribemates with open arms, and give them a quick tour of the camp. While eating, Zak tells the same story that Garnet told Suvorov, and Atiu is just as shocked.
|“||I've told them about Marquis, and hopefully Garnet has told Suvorov, I hope once Marquis returns, he's dead meat on either tribe.||”|
|“||Zak told us a story of how Marquis treated Willie at their camp, and it's probably the only reason why Willie was disqualified on Day 3. Hopefully, this gives me an excuse to get Shanika out, for her own protection.||”|
The next day, the two tribes were summoned to the challenge area.
- Alright, for this immunity challenge, two pairs stand on individual platforms, harnessed together at the waist and with each member holding a hook in the air. In two-minute intervals, the remaining members of the other tribe load up one pair with a five-pound weight on each hook. Drop a hook and the pair is out. Last pair standing wins. Decide who will hold the weight.- Jeff
- Myself, Ivan, Ulrich, and Quinlan.- Yorick
- Garnet, Genette, Charmaine, and myself.- Kamryn
- Alright, we have four women taking on four men, we'll get this challenge started.- Jeff
The pairs are; Charmaine and Garnet, Kamryn and Genette, Ivan and Yorick, and Ulrich and Quinlan. Each pair hang from and individual hook. At two minutes, Astor and Erick put weight on Ulrich and Quinlan, Shanika puts weight on Charmaine and Garnet, and Zak puts weight on Kamryn and Genette.
Fourteen minutes in, Ulrich and Quinlan drop out at 40 pounds of weight, Yorick and Ivan have 20 lbs., Charmaine and Garnet and Kamryn and Genette each have 35 lbs.
Four minutse later, Yorick and Ivan have 40 lbs of weight, and Charmaine and Garnet and Kamryn and Genette have 45 lbs each. Kamryn is struggling to hold the weight.
After six more minutes, Yorick and Ivan have 75 lbs of weight, Ivan is struggling with the weight. Charmaine and Garnet have 65 lbs and Kamryn and Genett have 50 lbs of weight. Kamryn and Genette drop out. Two minutes pass, and with 95 lbs of weight, Ivan drops out first, causing Yorick to drop the weight, with Suvorov winning immunity.
- Suvorov wins immunity! Suvorov, you are safe for another 3 days, Atiu you will vote someone out, but you won't be down in numbers as Marquis will join you after tribal council.- Jeff.
- Great.- Zak
- You can head back to camp.- Jeff
After Atiu heads back to camp, Yorick has Quinlan, Zak, and Ulrich meet him out in the rain forest.
- Okay, I want to propose we vote Shanika out tonight.- Yorick
- Why her?- Zak
- Like you said, he harassed Willie constantly, and if we get Shanika out, he has no power.- Yorick
- Actually, that isn't a bad idea.- Ulrich
- I'll vote Shanika tonight then.- Zak
- If anyone asks we were looking for fruit, but couldn't find anything.- Yorick
The four men leave the rain forest, and split up when they go to camp. Quinlan goes to Ivan, and strikes up a conversation with him.
- So who do you think will go home tonight?- Ivan
- Well Yorick told me, Ulrich, and Zak to vote Shanika tonight, so she might be leaving tonight.- Quinlan
- Wait, Yorick told you that?- Ivan
- Yep.- Quinlan
- Sorry, I have to go.- Ivan
Ivan storms off to find Shanika.
- Hey, you have any idea who might be going tonight?- Shanika
- Yeah, you.- Ivan
- Why?- Shanika
- Quinlan didn't give me the reason, but apparently Yorick gave him the orders to vote you out.- Ivan
- What?- Shanika
- We're going to vote Yorick, and I've got a plan to get that son of a bitch out.- Ivan
Later the Atiu tribe arrives to tribal council. Ulrich puts his torch behind him and takes a seat, the others lit their torches and do the same procedure as Ulrich.
- After 12 days in this game, I've only seen on person of this group of six, Ulrich. Ulrich this your third consecutive tribal council, how does feel tonight compared to the last two tribals?- Jeff
- Well unlike the last two times I feel safer, and I don't feel like I'm the swing vote, which puts less pressure on me tonight.- Ulrich
- Zak, how has the last 12 days been for you?- Jeff
- It's been a tough game. Especially when you only have two people working together against a lazier third.- Zak
- By a lazier third, I assume you mean Marquis?- Jeff
- Yep, ever since Willie's disqualification Marquis has done nothing around camp. He's only helped in challenges because he's afraid he'll be voted out.- Zak
- Quinlan, same question.- Jeff
- On Suvorov it was relatively boring with our winning streak, but I did make a strong friendship with Genette.- Quinlan
- For the original Atiu members, how has your game been so far?- Jeff
- Well so far, the Atiu tribe has been one cohesive unit. When we got new tribemates, I thought new people, old drama, but it nothing dramatic so far.- Shanika
- Yep, it's been smooth sailing with us being loyal to one another.- Yorick
- Hypocrite.- Ivan
- What did you say Ivan?- Jeff
- I said hypocrite. That son of a bitch, who's been preaching loyalty for the past twelve days. He told the new Atiu members to vote for Shanika tonight!- Ivan
- Is that true, Yorick?- Jeff
- It is, but I really don't want another repeat of the Willie incident, and either do the others.- Yorick
- I don't know about you Yorick, but I've gotten to know Shanika. She's a tough woman. She's probably gone through more in her 56 years, than in your sixty.- Ivan
- Alright,I think this is the time to vote, Ulrich you're up. - Jeff
One by one, everyone votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn.
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it. Alright once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Shanika. Shanika. Next vote, Yorick. Yorick We're tied two for Shanika, and two for Yorick. Next vote, Shanika One vote left. Third person voted out of Survivor: Battle of the Ages is.......
- Bye, Ivan.- Shanika
- Shanika, the tribe has spoken. Well it's clear that you were worried over a castaway's safety in this vote. Marquis with be waiting for you at camp. You can head back out.- Jeff
Atiu leaves the tribal council area and heads back to camp.
|Tribal Council 3:|
Shanika (4 votes)
Quinlan, Ulrich, Yorick, & Zak
Yorick (2 votes)
Ivan & Shanika
|“||You're broke our pact. You're nothing but a hypocrite.||”|
|“||I'm worried that you could be disqualified.||”|
|“||Yorick, I can't believe you're voting against me.||”|
|“||Shanika, this is nothing personal, but we don't you get hurt.||”|
|“||Shanika, you're weak, athletically, but with your past, you can get every single juror's vote. Good-bye.||”|
|“||I don't want Marquis's ego boosted anymore.||”|
|“||I wasn't expecting myself to be sitting here after 12 days, but I was voted out fair and square. The game itself probably wasn't for me anyway, but being in the Cook Islands was a haven. Ivan, good luck, may you go far.||”|
Still In the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- With Shanika's elimination, someone else becomes the target of Marquis's bullying.
- An injury could potentially get someone out of the game.
- Zak begins to obsess over getting Marquis out.
- The reward challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Palau episode, Jellyfish 'N Chips.
- The immunity challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Cook Islands episode, Don't Cry Over Spilled Octopus.