|Season||Survivor: Ghost Island|
Previously on Survivor...
After a vote ended one of their ally's journey, Bridget and Kenni decided they would work together to get Samantha out. Kenni revealed she voted for Alec, which sent Liam home. Bridget forgave her quickly, knowing what was ahead.
At the reward challenge, Kalou and Totolo dominated, earning them a reward of sandwiches, chips and drinks. They feasted on them returning from camp. This left the Marau tribe starved, only relying on rice and the occasional fish. The next day, a rainy day kept the three tribes in their shelter all day. The rich Totolo and Kalou tribes went stir crazy. The Marau tribe, already used to deplorable conditions, were lead by Wesley in a prayer. After their prayer, the rain begin to disperse, and light filled the camp.
At the immunity challenge, the two tribes were close, but Totolo ended up dominating once again. sending the diminished Marau for their third tribal council. At tribal, the desicion was once again unanimous and Reverend Wesley was voted out 3-1. Fourteen remain, who will be voted out tonight?
Reward Challenge: Kung Fu Cannibals
Use large, firm padded bags to get your opponent off of a platform and into the surrounding water to earn a point. First place receives two points, second receives one point, and last receives no points. Two hands on the bag at all times, no feet. Two highest scoring tribes after three rounds win reward.
Reward: Tarps, pillows, and blankets
Winners in order of finish: Totolo and Kalou
Immunity Challenge: Jail Break
One player runs to beach, grab the tribe idol, run back, dig under jail cell fence, untie another team member’s hands. Both dig into adjacent jail cell, untie two more players. All four use whatever you can grab to build a pole to retrieve two keys, unlock door to final jail cell, enter cell, unlock handcuffs on final two tribe members. All six, use the pole to grab the final key, unlock the door, run across finish line.
Extra Stipulation: Marau and Totolo act as one tribe. If Kalou loses, they will vote two separate times and two will leave. If Totolo and Marau lose, both go to tribal council together, and vote one out from each tribe.
Returning from tribal council, the final three Marau express their thoughts on being the last three on their tribe.
|“||I'm really shocked I'm one of the last three Marau standing. But, I don't understand why we can never win. We've worked together well, but we simply can't pull a win. I'm scared of losing again, my odds of leaving are one-third. Above all, I'd like to win a reward challenge, we deserve it.||”|
|“||The fact I'm one of three last Marau is not surprising. The fact I'm on a tribe of three is. If we lose another immunity, I know I'm safe, I'm the provider and physical force on this tribe. I'd like our tribe to one-up the other two tribes. Basically, despite the little we have, we're true survivors.||”|
|“||So far, my the game I'm playing is perfect. I've been under-the-radar this entire time, but I'm worried. If we lose another challenge, it's me or Yvette, and that's up to Mel to decide on. So far, this tribe's been better than Matsing, but worse than Ulong.||”|
At camp, they light a fire, and talk.
- So, we're the last three Marau. I'm so conflicted.- Colin
- We need to bring our A-game in the upcoming challenges. If we don't we're screwed.- Melissa
- Us three really need a reward win.- Yvette
- Sorry, Yvette, but we need immunity more than a reward.- Colin
- Well if we win a reward, we could have the morale to win the immunity challenge.- Yvette
- If we're to win, we should discuss this later. It's getting late, and we need the sleep. Good night guys.- Melissa
The three fall asleep in the shelter, resting for their next challenge.
The next day, the three tribes are summoned to the challenge area for their next reward challenge. Kalou and Totolo arrive first, followed by the Marau tribe.
- Kalou and Totolo getting a good look at the new Marau tribe, Wesley voted out at the last tribal council. Now I have some news, Kalou you're free immunity has expired, but the tribes will remain as is. At the next immunity challenge, Kalou will also be competing, but I'll explain more on that day. For today, using large, firm padded bags to get your opponent off of a platform and into the surrounding water to earn a point. First place receives two points, second receives one point, and last receives no points. Two hands on the bag at all times, no feet. Two highest scoring tribes after three rounds win reward. Winners will receive tarp, blankets, and pillows. Totolo, you need to sit two people out. Kalou, you must sit out three. Frank and Shaniqua can't sit out.- Jeff
- Bridget and Samantha will sit out.- Kenni
- Ashleigh, Rebeckah, and Danny.- Xane
- Let's get started.- Jeff
The first round is Frank vs. Yvette vs. Kenni. Both girls charge at Frank. Frank charges back. The three struggle to push anyone. Frank shifts slightly toward Kenni, causing Yvette to move toward the edge. Kenni is able to push Frank back brhind Yvette, and with a slight push, Yvette falls in first and then Frank. The score is now Totolo - 2, Kalou - 1, and Marau - 0.
The second round is Xane vs. Melissa vs. Hilbert. Both the men charge, and meet in the middle of the platform. A stalemate ensues, as neither side budges. Melissa charges at Hilbert, knocking him off balance, and him stepping off the platform into the water. Xane charges toward Melissa, but she moves out of the way, and use her bag to push Xane off the platform. The score stands Totolo - 2, Kalou - 2, and Marau - 2.
The last round is Shaniqua vs. Colin vs. Alec. Shaniqua and Alec charge at Colin. Colin, unprepared for the gang attack, tumbles into the water. Shanqiua and Alec then begin to push each other. Alec, who is stronger, pushes Shaniqua to one of the edges of the platform. She tries to push him back, but Alec is too strong for her and falls into the water. The final score is Totolo - 4, Kalou - 3, and Marau - 2.
- Totolo and Kalou win reward!- Jeff
- Great, another loss.- Yvette
- Kalou and Totolo, come claim your prize. Marau I have nothing for you. You can all head on back to camp.- Jeff
The three tribes return to their respective camps.
At the Kalou camp, Ashleigh and Shaniqua talk in the shelter about the news Jeff told everyone. They enjoy a cocnut while doing so.
- That's crazy, we have to compete for immunity in a few days.- Ashleigh
- I know.- Shaniqua
- If we lose, Frank is first, but if we go again, we vote Danny. And we're going to need Rebeckah's vote.- Ashleigh
- No we don't girl. And here's why.- Shaniqua
Shaniqua expands her collar, and digs in her cleavage for something. She pulls out a hidden imunity idol, similar to the one Liam had, but with a black coloration.
- That isn't.- Ashleigh
- Yes it is girl.- Shaniqua
- Please don't tell me that's where they hid it.- Ashleigh
- No, I found it a couple of days ago, near the camp flag.- Shaniqua
- That'll solve our vote problem.- Ashleigh
- Mmmmhmm.- Shaniqua
|“||The fact Shaniqua has the hidden immunity idol makes me so happy. We can essentially get a free ride for a while.||”|
The next day, at the Marau camp, Yvette is sifting in the sand on the beach. Melissa, carrying firewood, notices this.
|“||For the past few days, Yvette has been depressed. She's been behind in her chores, and hasn't eaten much. I really want to know what's going on with her.||”|
Melissa approaches Yvette.
- Yvette, is something wrong?- Melissa
- Melissa, I'm not sure I can do this anymore.- Yvette
- Do what anymore?- Melissa
- This game. All these losses are effecting me. I came out here to prove I can do something by myself.- Yvette
- Yvette, listen you aren't alone. Me and Colin are by your side. Now come back to camp.- Melissa
- If it's okay with you, I'll just stay here for a few minutes.- Yvette
- Alright, Yvette, see you later then.- Melissa
Melissa leaves Yvette at the beach. She returns to the shelter, where Colin is boiling water.
- Colin, I think there's something wrong with Yvette.- Melissa
- What is it?- Colin
- I think she's on the verge of quitting. She's just so sad.- Melissa
- Well what should we do?- Colin
- Try and win the immunity challenge. If we don't she'll be the next person voted out.- Melissa
|“||This next immunity challenge is crucial. If we don't win, Yvette leaves, and we're down to two. If we win, we don't break Yvette's fragile heart and we still have our numbers.||”|
The next day, all three tribes are summoned to the challenge area for their next immunity challenge. After all three tribes arrive Jeff explains what will happen.
- Bridget, I'll be taking the idol back. Once again, immunity is up for grabs. Today's challenge will work a little differently. Kalou you'll be competing as one tribe, but Totolo and Marau, you'll be working together as a second tribe. Also, tonight two people will be leaving.- Jeff
- Oh my!- Ashleigh
- Kalou, if you lose you'll vote two separate times. Totolo & Marau, if you lose both of your tribes will attend together, and vote one person off from both tribes. For today, one player runs to beach, grab the tribe idol, run back, dig under jail cell fence, untie another team member’s hands. Both dig into adjacent jail cell, untie two more players. All four use whatever you can grab to build a pole to retrieve two keys, unlock door to final jail cell, enter cell, unlock handcuffs on final two tribe members. All six use the pole to grab the final key, unlock the door, run across finish line. Totolo & Marau, you have two extra players.- Jeff
- Colin and Yvette.- Samantha
- Colin and Yvette, take a seat on the bench, and we'll get started.- Jeff
Melissa and Danny run toward the idol, both grab their idol and run to the cages. Both begin to dig under the cage. In a few minutes of digging, Melissa gets her and the idol into the cage with Bridget. Melissa begins to untie Bridget's hands. Danny gets his hole big enough and gets into the cage with Xane. He begins to untie Xane's hands. Melissa has Bridget untied and the two girls begin to dig. Xane and Danny begin digging as well. Bridget and Melissa get a hole big enough for the two to fit through and get into the second cage. Bridget and Melissa begin to untie Samantha and Alec. Xane and Danny get a hole big enough and climb into the second cage. The two begin to untie Shaniqua and Ashleigh. Bridget and Melissa finish untying Samantha and Alec, allowing them to build a pole to retrieve the two keys. Samantha dictates how the pole is made. Ashleigh and Shaniqua are free and they, along with Xane and Dani, begin to build a pole to obtain the keys. Within a few seconds, Kalou has a pole and begin to get the keys. Samantha is still unsatisified with Marau and Totolo's pole. Despite the insability of their pole, Kalou manages to get one of the keys. Samantha finally approves of the pole and they begin to get the keys. Kalou has their second key and they begin to unlock the door. Totolo and Marau get their keys easily. Kalou gets into the third cage and uncuff Frank and Rebeckah. Totolo and Marau are in the third cage and begin to uncuff Kenni and Hilbert. With Frank and Rebeckah uncuffed, Kalou begins to get the last key outside the cage. Kenni and Hilbert are uncuffed, allowing Totolo and Marau to get the last key. Kalou has the final key on their pole, but it falls off. Totolo and Marau have their key on their pole. Kalou gets the key on their pole again, and both tribes are slowly getting their key back. Both tribes have their key and begin to unlock the door. Both work quickly, but Kalou is quicker opening the door. All six run to the mat, winning them immunity.
- Kalou wins immunity!- Jeff
- No! That's unfair!- Samantha
- Sorry Samantha, but Totolo and Marau I'll be seeing you at tribal council tonight. Kalou, you are safe, but you also have the ability to watch this tribal council as well. I'll see you all tonight. You can head on out.- Jeff
|“||Unfortunately, our decision is easy for me and Melissa tonight. I really wish we didn't lose.||”|
At the Totolo camp, Samantha brings in her allies to talk about the vote.
- Okay, tonight Bridget's leaving.- Samantha
- So you're not going to change your vote at tribal then?- Hilbert
- Nope, I'm completely set on Bridget.- Samantha
|“||Unlike the last time, where a certain little bastard decided to belittle me. That's not gonna happen again this time as long as my allies stay in line.||”|
After Samantha dismisses the meeting, Bridget and Kenni talk to Alec.
- Alec, would you consider voting with us?- Bridget
- Who are you voting for?- Alec
- Samantha.- Kenni
- I can't.- Alec
- What about your rivalité, er rivalry, with Samantha?- Kenni
- She isn't blackmailing you? Is she?- Bridget
- Umm...- Alec
- She is! Dude, you can't keep her around then. Please vote with us!- Bridget
- I'll think about it.- Alec
The girls leave Alec, leaving him to think about his vote.
|“||I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I don't vote with Sam, she my reveal my secret. If I do, then two good girls leave this game. Ulrich was right, being the swing vote is hard.||”|
At sunset, all three tribes go to tribal council. Marau and Totolo take a seat and put their torches behind them. The Kalou tribe takes a seat on the jury bench.
- Marau and Totolo at tribal council together. Hilbert, is their any reason why the two tribes are sitting here?- Jeff
- We just simply lost. We had no problems working together. Marau is obviously starving for a win. Tonight, they'll be down to two.- Hilbert
- You are right, anyone in their situation would want to win.- Jeff
- Jeff, I hate to interject, but Samantha's to blame for our loss.- Melissa
- What?!- Samantha
- Yep, you kept us building and dismantling the pole for a long time.- Melissa
- So? I wanted us to build a sturdy pole.- Samantha
- Samantha, you have no idea what it's like to be on our tribe. We're living on rice and the occasional fish I spear.- Melissa
- Sorry to interrupt Melissa, but you spear your fish?- Jeff
- She's been spearing fish since we lost on day four.- Colin
- Alright, continue, Melissa.- Jeff
- We've been living like the Ravu tribe you ungrateful bitch! Plus Yvette here is so demoralized she's on the fence about quitting. Next time, think about how the other half lives you (bleep) (bleep).- Melissa
- Whatever. You can't prove your story anyway.- Samantha
- Moving on, Yvette, you say your close to quitting. Can I hear your take on this?- Jeff
- Jeff. *sobs* It's been nothing but loss after loss after loss. It's just horrible. *cries harder* It's [inaudible] happy.- Yvette
- What?- Jeff
- I think she said "It's hard to stay happy".- Bridget
- If I'm not mistaken didn't you win immunity?- Jeff
- It [inaudible] up for [inaudible].- Yvette
- She said Jeff, "It doesn't make up for our losses."- Bridget
- Alright, we'll get to the vote. The Marau tribe will vote first. Melissa, you're up.- Jeff
One by one, everyone on Marau votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn.
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it. Alright once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Yvette. Melissa. Fifth person voted out of Survivor: Ghost Island......
- Sorry Yvette, I think you need to go home.- Melissa
- Yvette, the tribe has spoken.- Jeff
- Thanks guys, this game was overbearing.- Yvette
- Good news, you have voted someone emotionally unstabled from your tribe. Bad news, you're down to two. Totolo it is time for you to vote. Samanatha, you're up.- Jeff
Samantha takes the urn and goes to the voting booth. One by one, everyone on Totolo votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn.
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it. Alright once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Samantha. Bridget. Next vote, Samantha. Bridget. Sixth person voted out of Survivor: Ghost Island......
- You are the weakest link, Bridget. Good-bye.- Samantha
- Bridget, the tribe has spoken.- Jeff
- Kenni, good luck.- Bridget
- Someone who was on the chopping block before is gone. However we aren't done yet. Kalou, drop your buffs, your tribe is officially dissolved. All six will pull out a brown or blue buff. That buff will tell you what tribe you're on for the remainder of this game. All of your personal items will be moved to your new camp.- Jeff
All six Kalou drop their buffs and pull out a new one. Rebeckah and Frank draw a brown buff putting them on the Totolo tribe. Danny, Ashleigh, Shaniqua, and Xane draw a blue buff putting them on Marau. All twelve are told to go to their old camp or new camp.
|The New Marau Tribe|
|The New Totolo Tribe|
|Tribal Council 5:|
Yvette (2 votes)
Colin & Melissa
Melissa (1 vote)
|“||Yvette, you wanting to quit makes my decision easy. I really wish we weren't voting.||”|
|“||Yvette, I think you need to leave this game. Come back when you can handle it again.||”|
|“||Mel, I respect you, but I didn't want everyone to know my mental status.||”|
|“||I only survived 15 days out of 39, but the constant losing just took a toll on me. I wish Colin and Melissa all the best on the rest of their journeys. Samantha I wish you good-bye.||”|
|Tribal Council 6:|
Bridget (3 votes)
Alec, Hilbert, & Samantha
Samantha (2 votes)
Bridget & Kenni
|“||Sorry, but I'd rather Samantha not blab about my secret. Bridget I have no grudge against you.||”|
|“||Samantha, it's time for you to leave.||”|
|“||Bridget, I'm voting for you.||”|
|“||Samantha, you're une salope.||”|
|“||Bridget, piss off you (bleep).||”|
|“||I can't believe I'm sitting here instead of that bitch, Samantha. She was the blame for the loss. But if your her enemy she'll strike you down like Zeus. Kenni please be careful and Alec grow a set. You shouldn't be ashamed of anything.||”|
Still In the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- With four new members, can Marau start winning.
- Samantha targets one of the new Totolo members.
- A shocking tribal council leaves one person as public enemy number one.
- The reward challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Fiji episode, Love Many, Trust Few, Do Wrong to None.
- The immunity challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Thailand episode, Assumptions, Survivor: Pearl Islands episode, What the...? (Part 1), Survivor: Redemption Island episode, Keep Hope Alive, and Survivor: South Pacific episode, Double Agent.
- The word "rivalité" is the French word for rivalry.