|"Setting Himself Up For Failure"|
|Previous||The Border Between Right And Wrong|
|Next||Playing The Best Possible Hand|
This is the eighth episode of Survivor: Brazil
Immunity Challenge: Jump Shot
Each tribe selects a goal-keeper, who stands on a platform above a pool of water and in front of a net. One at a time, Members of the opposite tribe will run up, jump out over the pool and throw the ball at the net, while the goalkeeper tries to deflect the shot. First tribe to score four goals wins the challenge.
Previously On Survivor
With Everyone on Sabedoria talking bad about Cody, D-Lamm found himself in a tough spot while the rest of the tribe comforted Ruth. Over at Juventude Yul continued to aggravate Jordan by telling her they ate all the rice that was made and told her to go catch her some food rather than give her what was in the pot. That night Jordan would come together with Cody and JJ on a plan to oust Yul. However when Cody openly and obviously threw the challenge she changed targets. At tribal, Jordan and JJ would openly try to get the tribe to vote out Cody but when the votes came Yul and the other stuck with their original plan and Jordan left 4-2.
The tribe arrives back at camp following tribal.
|“||This is not good for me. The younger guys voted with Cody and now I'm on the outs of things.||”|
- Oh JJ, you have some explaining you need to do.- Cody
- I don't have to tell you anything.- JJ
- You voted for me. Explain that.- Cody
- I don't have to tell you anything.- JJ
- Can this be a calm night for once?- Callie
- Nope. JJ chose his side tonight and I'm going to see to it that he sees his mistake.- Cody
- Keeping you here all this time was the mistake.- JJ
- Oh really?- Cody
- Yeah. We should have voted your butt out of this game long ago.- JJ
Yul and Goliath head into the shelter.
- We always voted for what's best for the tribe.- Cody
- Best for the tribe or best for you? We kept losing because of you.- JJ
- Why can't I get a relaxing night?- Callie
- Cause of Cody we have been to more tribal council than we have needed to. Cause of Cody, two people gave up on this game.- JJ
- They could have fought.- Cody
- For what reason did they have to fight. You had them scared so bad they didn't want to fight.- JJ
- That is not my fault and you should best shut up before you do something you will regret.- Cody
- My only regret is letting you stay in this game.- JJ
|“||Tonight went as planned and our target eliminated. Now begins the problem, now we stick with Cody or JJ if we are to lose and if this argument says anything we just might.||”|
D-Lamm and Ruth are hanging around the shelter while everyone else is on the beach.
|“||I need to do a little damage control and keep my name as far away from Cody as possible right now.||”|
- You think that other tribe will finally get rid of him.- D-Lamm
- I hope so but I'm sure you would be glad to see him stay.- Ruth
- I honestly don't care. I was the figure head leader of the tribe. He was the leader of the tribe.- D-Lamm
- He was and is an a$$.- Ruth
- I know that but what am I to do. I get put into the same position as him simply because I was made the leader for being the oldest and not controlling him.- D-Lamm
- You always went to him for what to do. You were the leader yet you didn't lead. That is why you are in the same spot as him. You gave him the leadership role.- Ruth
- I didn't want the leadership role. I never had a say in it either. I walk out of the forest to learn it.- D-Lamm
- Well you should have said something.- Ruth
- And look like a weakling. I am the head of the firefighters in my town. I can lead but I also would like a say in it because there could have been someone better than me. Not always is the oldest the best.- D-Lamm
Andrew and Kyle walks up from the beach.
- What are you whispering about?- Andrew
- Nothing.- D-Lamm
- I sure I would love to here about it.- Andrew
- We were just talking about the past.- Ruth
- Oh fun.- Kyle
- Not really.- Ruth
- Kyle, you always did what Cody wanted.- D-Lamm
- I always liked Ruth not Cody.- Kyle
- Thanks Kyle.- Ruth
|“||D-Lamm is trying to get the target off of his back. I think he is just setting himself up for failure considering we all know he would drop everything for Cody.||”|
|“||D-Lamm knows he is in trouble so it could be better if we act like he is still part of the group. I hope Yul and them are smart enough to make the right call.||”|
Yul and Cody are sitting at the beach.
- So what is the deal between you and JJ?- Yul
- Nothing. We were in an alliance together but had separate views.- Cody
- How so?- Yul
- Bozo the clown here wanted to throw the challenge while I wanted to win.- JJ
JJ walks up to Cody and Yul.
- Do you ever leave me alone and what is with people calling me a clown?- Cody
- You do kinda look like a clown.- Yul
- I swear he is lying about his occupation. No police group wants to deal with the kind of person you are.- JJ
- Like you would know mister burger flipper.- Cody
- I don't flip burgers. I tell people to flip the burgers.- JJ
- Same thing.- Cody
- No it's not. Hell if I wanted to I could not serve burgers. I run the restraunt.- JJ
- Mister big shop runs a food place. I help catch some of the worst criminals.- Cody
- Bull. You make the little kids laugh.- JJ
Callie walks up from the camp.
- Can we not fight?- Callie
- No. Cody here needs to go home. It's that simple.- JJ
- I don't need to do anything you say. You are not the leader of this tribe.- Cody
- I AM.- Yul
- Yul, you are not the leader of this tribe. Cody, you either. This tribe has no leader. Somebody should step up and the rest step down- JJ
- You are not the boss of me so you best shut up.- Cody
- You don't own me. I don't have to listen to you.- JJ
Goliath walks up from the beach.
- Well we obviously need a leader and to stop fighting.- Goliath
- That's what I said.- Callie
- I'm leading.- Yul
- No you are not. I'm leading this tribe.- JJ
- Okay. JJ can lead.- Cody
- What the f***. Didn't you just say?- Yul
- If he wants to lead this tribe then let him do it. Let's see food boy lead the tribe.- Cody
- Thank you.- JJ
JJ walks off back to camp.
|“||Please, like I would willingly give up being the leader with out a reason. When our tribe is a train wreck he will take the fall for it by being the leader cause Yul can't be handle except by Callie.||”|
Brownie, Ruth, and Andrew are sitting outside the shelter.
- I always hate these days of no challenge.- Ruth
- Why, it gives us time to relax.- Andrew
- True but it's one whole day of not knowing if Cody is finally gone.- Ruth
- I never thought of it like that. For us it was another day of a possible argument over nothing.- Brownie
- As long as you control Yul, he isn't that bad.- Andrew
- Do you think they will be able to control Yul though.- Brownie
- Good point.- Andrew
- Why?- Ruth
- No reason. Yul is just hard to control.- Andrew
- D-Lamm made a good point though. He was kind of put in his position.- Ruth
- A guy I know that always sits at a table I'm at loves this quote. A great leader can take any situation and make the most of it. The best leader is not the one who can lead greatly through one situation but can lead all despite the problems.- Andrew
- Huh?- Brownie
- I think I get it.- Ruth
- Explain it to me.- Brownie
- D-Lamm wasn't fit to be the leader as he was thrown off when he had no say in it and handed it to Cody who he thought would be able to do it. Instead, he could have lead his tribe and even if he wasn't the best doing it he would have looked better because he took the reigns when it was given to him.- Andrew
- Okay. I think I got it.- Brownie
- Alright. Tomorrow we find out a lot more. We should rest up so we can win the challenge.- Andrew
- Yeah.- Ruth
|“||D-Lamm has the ability to be a good leader but he isn't playing his hand like he needs to be. For his sake, he better hope we win tomorrow.||”|
The tribe arrives at a beach location.
|“||Sabedoria getting your first look at the new Juventude tribe. Jordan voted out at the last tribal council.||”|
|“||Welcome to today's immunity challenge. Ruth, I will take it back.||”|
Ruth walks up to Jeff, hands him the idol and walks back.
|“||Immunity is back up for grabs. For today's you will take turns, jumping from the ledge and throwing a ball into the net which will be guarded by a member of the other team trying to keep it from going in. If you make the ball in the net you score a point for your tribe. First tribe to four points wins immunity. Losers, tribal council tonight were some one will be voted out of this game. Sabedoria, you have an extra member. Who is sitting out.||”|
|“||Kyle, take a spot on the bench. The rest of you, I'll give you a minute to strategize and we will get started.||”|
Both tribes group together and discuss the challenge. After everyone is back on the mats.
|“||Alright, Sabedoria will shoot first as they won the last challenge. Yul, get in front of the net.||”|
Yul dives into the water and gets onto the platform. When he is situated Jeff gives the okay to Ruth. Ruth runs off the ledge and throws the ball with Yul barely missing as it goes into the net.
Jeff, "Ruth scores. Cody, you're throwing next."
D-Lamm dives into the water and gets onto the platform. When he is situated Jeff gives the okay to Cody. Cody runs off the ledge and throws the ball way above the net.
Jeff, "Cody is way off. Andrew, you're up."
Yul dives back into the water and gets onto the platform. When he is situated Jeff gives the okay to Andrew. Andrew runs off the ledge and throws the ball way past Yul and into the net as Yul jumped early.
Jeff, "Andrew scores. Sabedoria leads 2-0. JJ, you're up."
D-Lamm jumps back into the water and gets onto the platform. When he is situated Jeff gives the okay to JJ. JJ runs off the ledge and easily throws it past D-Lamm and into the goal."
Jeff, "JJ scores. Sabedoria lead 2-1. Courtney, you're up"
Yul jumps back into the water and get onto the platform. When he is situated Jeff gives the okay to Courtney. Courtney runs off the ledge and throws the ball, hitting Yul in the head and bouncing in."
Jeff, "Courtney scores. Sabedoria leads 3-2. Callie, you're up."
D-Lamm jumps back into the water and get onto the platform. When he is situated Jeff gives the okay to Callie. Callie runs off the edge and throws the ball right into D-Lamm's arms.
Jeff, "D-Lamm makes the catch. Brownie you're up. Yul needs a stop."
Yul jumps back into the water and gets onto the platform. When he is situated Jeff gives the okay to Brownie. Brownie runs off the ledge and throws for an easy shot in as Yul slips up when diving for the ball.
|“||Brownie scores. Sabedoria wins immunity.||”|
After everyone is back on the mats.
|“||Sabedoria, congrats on winning immunity. Come and get it. Juventude, I have nothing for you except a night we mef or tribal council. Grab your stuff and head back to camp.||”|
The tribe arrives|| back at camp following their win.
- Another win just for us.- Andrew
- I can't believe who they booted off.- D-Lamm
- I can. Yul and her had so many arguments.- Brownie
- She changed from when I knew her.- Courtney
- Well guys the good news is that they have to go on back to tribal.- Ruth
- Safe for another few days.- Kyle
- This tribe is so united.- Andrew
- I know. Let's stay this way all the way to the final 6 if we can.- Ruth
- Yeah.- Brownie
D-Lamm heads on down to the beach.
- He isn't with the idea is he.- Ruth
- Not a chance.- Andrew
- A shame. He is still loyal though so you have to respect that.- Brownie
- Yeah. You do.- Andrew
|“||D-Lamm has been off and on when it comes to our ultimate goal. It could come back to bite him.||”|
Everyone is around the shelter.
- Just admit it.- JJ
- I don't have to admit anything. You were the leader.- Cody
- Yet you did not listen to me at all. You never do.- JJ
- I always listen.- Cody
- It was your call to put Yul there when you were most fit for that spot.- JJ
- I take offence to that. I thought we did good. They were just a bit better.- Yul
- We could do a whole lot better without Cody.- JJ
- We could do a lot better without you as well.- Cody
- Guys, we lost. Get over it. We can't always be fighting. Both of you are why we lose.- Callie
- It's all on Cody. It always has been.- JJ
- I agree with Callie. We can't be fighting.- Goliath
- I tried my butt off in that challenge.- Yul
- Cody didn't.- JJ
- I tried really hard in that challenge.- Cody
- That is not what I saw.- JJ
- Then open up your dam eyes and look past previous chit.- Cody
- You have and always will be the same person.- JJ
The tribe arrives at tribal council placing their torches behind them before taking a seat.
|“||Welcome to tribal council. Callie, what has camp life been like since the last tribal?||”|
- Loud. Cody and JJ have been at each others throats every day.- Callie
- This dude never ever tries in the challenges.- JJ
- I always try in the challenges.- Cody
- Who scored a point today and who was way off? That's right you were way off.- JJ
- All you do complain.- Cody
- Hey let's not forget my awesomeness in the challenge.- Yul
- Cody is the whole reason we lost today's challenge.- JJ
- JJ, you say Cody cost you the challenge but Yul was guarding the goal.- Jeff Probst
- It was Cody who wanted to put Yul in the goal and not someone like himself who would be a better fit.- JJ
- It was your call as the leader.- Cody
- Jeff, it is always like this.- Goliath
- JJ has had it in for me since Leo left.- Cody
- Oh so now you are turning this on me?- JJ
- No. It's always on you when you are the leader. I was the leader before and everything was on me.- Cody
- Even if you weren't the leader it was on you because the leader was D-Lamm not you.- JJ
- Oh please. D-Lamm couldn't lead anything without some detailed instructions. He claims to be T.P.'s inspiration but he is just a wannabe leader.- Cody
- Yul, the attention before this has always been on you. Do you suddenly feel safe because the focus isn't on you?- Jeff Probst
- Jeff, I am always safe. Cody getting the attention doesn't matter to me. I have to look forward to what lies ahead.- Yul
- Cody or JJ is what it comes down to.- Callie
- Goliath, is it Cody or JJ tonight?- Jeff Probst
- Yes. As much as I love the two of them it ultimately is not only an alliance thing but a peace thing.- Goliath
- So alliance's are a factor?- Jeff Probst
- They are always a factor. Us younger guys have had an alliance it just on who we want to boot now.- Goliath
- Boot JJ.- Cody
- Cody will always throw things and I'm sure everyone hates him by now.- JJ
- So much to think about.- Yul
|“||But not anymore time. It is time to vote. Goliath, you're up.||”|
Goliath walks to the urn, places his vote and walks back. He is followed by the rest of the tribe ending with Callie.
|“||I'll go tally the votes.||”|
Jeff walks to the urn, grabs it and walks back.
|“||Once the votes have been read the decision is final. Person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.||”|
Cody...2 votes JJ, 1 vote Cody
|“||Eighth person voted out of Survivor: Brazil...JJ. You need to bring me your torch.||”|
JJ gets up, grabs his torch, and walks to Jeff.
Jeff, "JJ, the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go."
JJ walks off out of tribal and into the night.
|“||Yet another person in the take out Cody campaign takes a fall for the sake of peace. Was this the right decision? Only time will tell. Grab your stuff and head back to camp. Good night.||”|
JJ (4 votes)
Callie, Cody, Goliath, Yul
Cody (1 vote)
|“||Just go home.||”|
|“||Will you finally leave.||”|
|“||I hate that I didn't get to see the fall of Cody but hearing that the three have an alliance together gives me hope that he will be gone soon. The man is a calmer Phillip. He sucks and when it's obvious it is played off as he threw it. Hell if he can get away with it then all power to him.||”|
Still in the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
The merge arrives with one contestant clearly in control and one fighting for his life
The title was said by Kyle on D-Lamm trying to assimilate into the tribe.