|"Someone Has To Pay"|
|Previous||It Just Got Tougher|
|Next||Find Some Safety|
This is the Fifth episode of Survivor: Argentina
Previously on Survivor...
Things one the Necochea tribe calmed down with Travis gone. Both Alliances quickly went to work with The Four A$$holes needing an out and the others figuring out who should go next. Over at La Plata, Zaya and crew put there focus on a weak Marissa but when reward challenge time came the plan was shifted to conforting Jessica H when Kayla was medivaced from the game. When La Plata lost immunity Jessica H had not improved at all and the decision for the vote was clear. At tribal Jessica made no effort to stay and was voted out 7-1.
Reward Challenge:The Great Escape
Each tribe will be locked inside a prison-like cage. In order to escape, the tribe members must untie a series of ropes in order to release a machete. Then the tribes must use their machete to cut through a rope, then they must undo another series of knots in order to release a plank, which will in turn release a pole. They must use the pole to retrieve a set of keys on the outside of the cage. Once the keys are collected, they must unlock their chains and release their escape hatch. First tribe to do so wins.
Reward: A roaster and 2 Hens
Winner: La Plata
Immunity Challenge: Lake Launch
One at a time, six tribe members would slide down a water slide. They would then swim out to retrieve a numbered tile, then run up the hill they slid down to drop their number off. Once all six tiles were retrieved, the remaining castaway would use the tiles to solve a numeric puzzle. The answer to the puzzle is a combination to open a locked chest, which holds an ax. The first tribe to open their chest and use the ax to cut a rope that would raise their tribe's flag would win.
Winner: La Plata
La Plata Arrives back at camp following tribal.
|“||Tribal went well but not well for us. I was hoping she would try to fight for her spot to stay but it never happened. Now I am down alliance members.||”|
Zaya, Sara, and Nikki all out side the shelter by the fire.
- We need to think of something quick.- Sara
- Yeah down two final five alliance members.- Nikki
- We need to talk to a couple of the other three and get them into our final five deal.- Zaya
- Yeah, but who will we leave out? Heather, Audi, and Kristie are all good.- Sara
- I see Heather as a potential threat down the road.- Nikki
- I think it should be Audi and Kristie. I really like Audi.- Zaya
- So are we all in agreement? Tomorrow we talk to them and get them in.- Sara
- Yeah.- Nikki
- Definately.- Zaya
|“||Looks like Audi and Kristie just jumped some spots. That help out me and Zaya in the long run.||”|
Everyone but Scott is hanging around the shelter with Totolax making rice and beans. Scott went into the woods.
- Let's not fight at the challenge today.- Chris
- I agree. We do so well when we don't fight.- T.P.
- I don't think they would stand a chance if we all worked together.- Jay
- You guys know that our last two challenges were head to head stuff right.- James
- Doesn't matter we beat them once when we didn't fight.- Joe
- But we don't have the one person who really helped a lot in that challenge now do we.- James
- We can still win if we work together.- Tree
Scott comes out of the woods.
- No challenge mail guys.- Scott
- Well I guess we don't have one.- Totolax
- Guess not. It's Usually here by now.- T.P.
- Hey T.P.- Scott
- What's up?- T.P.
- Can I talk to you on the beach for a while?- Scott
- Sure. Totolax, save us some.- T.P.
Scott and T.P. head on down to the beach while Totolax continues to cook the food.
- So what do you need?- T.P.
- I've been thinking. Our alliances haven't really been working together and have been trying to take each other out.- Scott
- Okay and you are going where with this?- T.P.
- Jay and Joe are major swing votes in anything. I propose that our alliances work together to take one of them out or maybe both should we lose immunity.- Scott
- That is an idea, but what is really in it for me. I mean I have them pretty solid.- T.P.
- But are they the best ones to keep around? They are swing votes meaning they can easily flip over to the girls.- Scott
- I'll think on it man and I'll get back to you alright.- T.P.
- That's fine. Don't think too long though.- Scott
Scott and T.P. head back over to the campsite.
|“||Scott gave me something to think about. I am now in a predicament. I can continue on and knock out him and his alliance or team up and take out one or both of the swing votes. I will have to Tree and Totolax sometime.||”|
Heather and Marissa have gone off to the beach. Zaya and Audi are off in the wood while Sara, Nikki and Kristie are in the shelter.
- I was thinking. Me, you, Sara, Nikki, and Kristie all in an alliance.- Zaya
- That sounds good.- Audi
- Cool. Marissa is still the first target.- Zaya
- Yeah, I hope we don't lose though.- Audi
- I agree.- Zaya
|“||Audi is on board. Which is great because four people is a majority but a fifth is needed at least come merge.||”|
|“||Zaya came and talked to me about an alliance. I trust her dearly but why all of the sudden on day 10?||”|
Over at the camp Sara is stirring up rice while Nikki and Kristie are in the shelter.
- What if we took out someone like Heather before Marissa?- Kristie
- Why? Marissa is much weaker.- Nikki
- I'm just thinking. I like you two and I really trust Zaya. If we were to have Audi who is just as trusting then we could maybe take this game.- Kristie
- That is a good idea. Heather could become a threat.- Sara
- Exactly. What do you think?- Kristie
- I think it's a good idea. Sara?- Nikki
- I like it.- Sara
- "Cool.- Kristie
|“||Kristie just did our job for us. We were supposed to convince her in and she just volunteered.||”|
T.P. Totolax, and Tree are up out of the shelter.
- I didn't want to tell you guys this earlier but Scott offered a temporary truce to take out at least one of JJoe.- T.P.
- They might be swing votes but they are good with us.- Totolax
- I'm not sure about that.- Tree
- Joe isn't the strongest of people so maybe just him.- T.P.
- I don't feel right about making a decision until later.- Tree
- I agree. We should give it some time so we can think about it.- Totolax
- Alright. Let's get some sleep for tomorrow.- T.P.
|“||T.P. told us about taking out Joe before the remaining of The Four A$$holes. I really want them gone but he has a good point. I just don't know.||”|
Marissa and Heather are off in the woods while the rest of the tribe is at the beach.
- What kind of challenge do you think we will have?- Zaya
- We should prepare as if it will be immunity.- Sara
- Last time we had a day off an immunity challenge came.- Kristie
- Whatever challenge it is we will win it.- Nikki
- Hopefully Marissa doesn't slow us down during the challenge though.- Audi
- She is going to be gone either way if we lose.- Zaya
- I still think Heather could go before Marissa.- Kristie
- How about which ever of them does worse.- Nikki
T.P. and Scott are fishing in the shallows while the rest are at camp.
- Did you talk to Tree and Totolax about what I said?- Scott
- Yes I did.- T.P.
- What did they say?- Scott
- They are both really unsure and asked for time to think about it.- T.P.
- I get that but time is also important here. You can't think too long and then it could be too late.- Scott
- I know. You also can't quickly act or else you may make a really bad decision.- T.P.
- Find a balance between them.- Scott
- I think it's a good idea, but I will say that I am going to stick with what my alliance decides.- T.P.
- I feel you.- Scott
- No hard feelings if they don't want to do it.- T.P.
- There will be of course. I don't get to be an a$$hole by being completely nice.- Scott
- That wouldn't be an a$$hole at all.- T.P.
- No it wouldn't.- Scott
- Let's take the fish back and have Totolax cook them up real quick.- T.P.
- Alright.- Scott
|“||Scott has been very calm about this and it really is weird. I hope we make the right call.||”|
Scott picks up the fish they had caught and hands some to T.P. before heading back to camp.
The tribes arrive at a field location with two large cages behind them.
|“||Necochea taking your first look at the new La Plata tribe. Jessica H voted out at the last tribal council.||”|
|“||Welcome to today's reward challenge. Here is how this is going to work. Each tribe will be locked in one of those cages. Your goal is to escape them by untying a series of ropes to release a machete. When you have you machete you will cut another set of ropes to release a plank which will in turn release a pole. You will then use that pole to retrieve three keys. You will then use those keys to unlock the chains and release the escape hatch. First tribe to release the hatch and run out wins reward. You want to know what you are playing for?||”|
- Yes.- Everyone
- Your reward will be three chickens. Two of them are hen and the other is a roaster. I know it's worth playing for. Necochea sitting somebody out. You can not sit out the same person in back to back challenges.- Jeff Probst
- We will sit out Totolax.- Scott
|“||Totolax take a spot on the bench. The rest of you I will give you a minute to stradegize and we will get started.||”|
Both tribes gather together discussing what they are going to do. After both tribes are finished and been placed and locked in the cages.
|“||On my go you may begin untying the ropes for the machete. Survivors ready...GO.||”|
Both tribes run up to the ropes to begin untying the machete.
Scott "Move I got it covered. I got it covered."
Zaya, "Sara, help me out here."
Joe, "Scott let me help."
Scott, "I got it covered."
Jeff, "Necochea struggling early. La Plata working good though to ropes."
Sara, "Move that one. Now that one."
La Plata's machete is untied.
Jeff, "La Plata have their machete. Working on the next part."
T.P., "Scott seriously here, I'm going to help."
Scott, "Alright. Alright."
Men continue untying the ropes while Audi hacks away the ropes releasing the plank and pole.
Jeff, "La Plata have their pole. Now working to get the Keys. Necochea making progress on their first set of rope now."
T.P., "Pull right here and then here."
Scott, "Got it."
Jeff, "Men have their machete."
Nikki extends the pole reaching for one of the keys and hooks it on."
Jeff, "La Plata has one key. Necochea pick it up."
Jay hacks away at the rope to release the plank and pole. Nikki reaches for the second key and hooks it on."
Jeff, "Necochea has their pole. They can now go for their keys. Nikki has the second key for La Plata they only need one more."
Tree reaches the pole out and hooks on the first key. Heather manages to hook on the final key for La Plata.
Jeff, "La Plata have their keys now working on the locks. Necochea has one key they are behind."
Chris, "We know that."
Kristie and Marissa quickly unlock the locks while Tree grabs the second key. La Plata then rushes out of the cage.
|“||La Plata is out. La Plata wins reward.||”|
After Necochea gets out of their cage.
|“||La Plata congrats on winning the reward come and get. As for Necochea I have nothing for you grab your stuff an head back to camp.||”|
Nikki and Zaya walk up and grab the cage of chickens.
The tribe arrives at camp following their loss at the reward challenge.
- Seriously Scott. Why didn't you let me help?- Joe
- I thought I had it. My bad.- Scott
- We could have easily won that challenge.- Joe
- Joe it's alright. It was only reward.- T.P.
- Scott, you really should let people help you during challenges.- Joe
- Alright, Joe. I did by the way. T.P. helped.- Scott
- Oh what after we were way behind. Personally I think you are the weakest person here in the challenges. Totolax might be slow but he will at least work together.- Joe
- Are you seriously calling me weak. Listen I am not weak. I maybe hard to work with but that is only because I thought I had it.- Scott
- Joe, calm down.- Jay
|“||Is Joe serious right now? Caling me weak. Nobody calls me weak. When somebody has the nerve to call me weak then someone has to pay for that mistake and Joe right now that will be you because T.P. and the rest of Undivided were right there.||”|
Jay and Joe head off towards the beach for Joe to calm down a bit.
- Joe, you good.- Jay
- Yeah. I was just a little frustrated.- Joe
- Okay. If we lose we can take out Scott.- Jay
- Good. I hate him so much.- Joe
- I know. I do too.- Jay
|“||Scott really needs to go. Joe was however was wrong to go off like that but I will stand by him.||”|
La Plata Night
Marissa is up and out of the shelter. Heather opens her eyes to see what is going on.
- Marissa, what's up?- Heather
- Just couldn't sleep and all. Come over here please.- Marissa
- Alright.- Heather
Heather walks over to where Marissa was sitting.
- What's on your mind?- Heather
- Zaya, Sara and Nikki I think have an alliance going.- Marissa
- They do hang around a lot.- Heather
- Yeah. If they get Kristie or Audi they can take you and me out.- Marissa
- You think we should team up and try to get both of them to take out Zaya, Sara, and Nikki.- Heather
- That's the idea, but I understand if you don't want the oldest person here with you.- Marissa
- No no. I want you here.- Heather
- Alright.- Marissa
|“||Marissa made a good point. Zaya, Sara, and Nikki have to have an alliance. Since they haven't talked to me they must be planning to take me out later. I just hope I can get the other two with us.||”|
The tribes arrive at a beach location.
|“||Welcome to your fifth immunity challenge. Tree I will take it back.||”|
Tree walks up and hands Jeff the immunity idol.
|“||Immunity is back up for grabs. For today's challenge six tribe members will slide down one at a time, then swim out into the water to retrieve a numbered tile and come back. Then the next person goes. Once all six tiles have been collected the seventh member will use them to solve a combination lock to unlock the chest containing an ax. First tribe to release their flag by cutting the rope wins immunity and is one step closer to winning the million dollar prize. Necochea sitting somebody out can't be Totolax.||”|
Scott, "Joe will sit out."
|“||Joe, take a spot on the bench. The rest of you I will give you a minute to stradegize and we will get started.||”|
Joe walks up to the bench and sits down while the tribes gather and discuss the challenge. When both tribe are in position.
|“||Retrieving numbers for Necochea Scott, Tree, James, Jay, Chris and T.P. For La Plata we have Nikki, Zaya, Audi, Sara, Kristie, and Heather. Leaving Totolax and Marissa for the last part. On my go survivors ready...GO.||”|
Scott and Nikki race off sliding down and into the water.
Nikki reaches a tile followed by Scott.
Jeff, "Nikki and Scott both heading back with a tile."
Nikki runs quickly back up the hill. with Scott trailing behind a bit.
Jeff, "Nikki is back. Zaya is heading out. Scott is back. Tree is heading out."
Zaya and Tree slide down and into the water with Zaya being ahead of Tree by a little.
Zaya reaches a tile followed by Tree.
Jeff "Zaya and Tree each have a tile. They are heading back."
Zaya rushes up the hill while Tree trips up a little bit.
Jeff "Zaya is back. Audi is heading out."
Audi slides down and into the water while Tree gets up the hill.
Jeff, "Tree is back. James is heading out."
James slides down into the water as Audi reaches the third tile.
Jeff, "Audi has a tile. She is heading back."
James reaches a tile while Audi rushes up the hill.
Jeff, "James has a tile. He is heading back. Audi is back. Sara is now heading out."
Sara slides down and into the water as James rushes up the hill.
Jeff, "James is back. Jay can now head out."
Jay slides down the hill as Sara reaches her tile.
Jeff, "Sara has a tile. She is heading back."
Jay reaches a tile while Sara rushes up the hill.
Jeff, "Sara is back. Kristie is now heading out for La Plata. Jay has a tile. He is heading back."
Jay rushes up the hill while Kristie slides down and into the water.
Jeff, "Jay is back. Chris is now heading out."
Chris slides down the hill just as Kristie reaches her tile.
Jeff, "Kristie has her tile. She is heading back."
Kristie rushes up the hill while Chris reaches a tile."
Jeff, "Chris has a tile. He is heading back. Kristie is back. Heather is now heading out."
Heather slides down the hill while Chris rushes up it.
Jeff, "Chris is back. T.P. can head out."
T.P. slides down the hill while Heather reaches the final tile.
Jeff, "Heather has a tile. She is heading back."
Heather rushes up the hill while T.P. reaches the final tile.
Jeff, "Heather is back. Marissa can work on the combination."
Marissa begins looking at each number (61, 07, 86, 93, 27, 50). T.P. rushes up the hill.
Jeff, "T.P. is back. Totolax can now work on the combination. Both tribes need to figure out the right set of three numbers."
Marissa tries 50,61,07 and it doesn't work. Totolax tries the same thing.
Jeff "Both are wrong and need to go back and try again."
This goes on for a while with each person going back and forth trying various. Marissa finally puts in 07,27,93 an unlocks the chest.
Jeff "Marissa has her ax."
Marissa grabs the ax and quickly hacks away the rope and releases the flag.
|“||La Plata wins immunity. Someone come and get it.||”|
Marissa goes and grabs the idol.
|“||La Plata is safe tonight. Necochea, unfortunately you have a date with me at tribal council where somebody will be voted out of this game. Grab your stuff I will see you tonight.||”|
The tribe arrives following their win at the challenge.
- Whoohoo. We won.- Zaya
- Hey, there are eggs in the pin.- Sara
- Well yeah there is a rooster in there isn't there.- Heather
- Not a rooster but a roaster. There is a difference.- Marissa
- Well then why do we have eggs? You need a rooster don't you?- Heather
- No, you do not need one unless you want them to hatch into baby chickens.- Marissa
- So wait. They can still lay eggs even without a rooster. How is that?- Sara
Marissa leans over to Sara and whispers in her ear.
- Oooooooh. Now it makes sense.- Sara
- Can you whisper that to me over here?- Heather
- Sure. Anyone else want me to whispers it to them?- Marissa
- I'm good as long as we get eggs to eat.- Zaya
|“||I can't believe they didn't know that you can get eggs from chickens with out a rooster. Of course being a zoologist does tell you those kind of things.||”|
T.P., Tree, and Totolax are all at the beach.
- Are you sure this is what we want to do?- T.P.
- Yes. I have thought long about this.- Tree
- I'm good with it. Just what are we going to do about afterwards?- Totolax
- I don't know. I wish we could have won the challenge.- T.P.
- I was close to the answer.- Totolax
- This will be a very tough vote.- Tree
T.P., Tree, and Totolax head back to camp.
- I can't believe we lost.- Scott
- It all came down to the last part.- Chris
- I thought you were going to win.- Joe
- We were close.- Jay
- Just have to move forward.- T.P.
- But without one person.- James
- I hate this part.- Totolax
The tribe gather together, eat a little rice and then head out to tribal as it starts getting dark.
The Tribe arrives at tribal putting their torches behind them before taking a seat.
- Scott, what's been going on at camp?- Jeff Probst
- Everyone was getting along great and then when we lost the reward Joe started calling me weak.- Scott
- I'm sorry about that. I was frustrated about the challenge.- Joe
- Jay, what happened at the reward?- Jeff Probst
- Scott thought he had the rope covered so he didn't want help. Joe kept wanting to help but he wouldn't let him. T.P. did help him out but we were behind at that point.- Jay
- Tree, you tripped up at the immunity challenge. Does that but the target on you?- Jeff Probst
- I hope not. Although I tripped we made up time on the combination and it was close.- Tree
- I still can't believe I could not get it.- Totolax
- Totolax, does that put the target on you?- Jeff Probst
- I don't think it does.- Totolax
- Totolax was great at the challenge. That surprised me a bit.- James
- They put a great effort out there.- Joe
- T.P, how will this vote go? Will it be a surprise?- Jeff Probst
- I have been thinking about what to do. I hope it goes the way i think it will but it could very well go different.- T.P.
- With that it is time to vote. Chris you're up first.- Jeff Probst
Chris gets up, heads to the urn and votes. Jay and the rest of the tribe follows ending with Totolax.
|“||I'll go tally the votes.||”|
Jeff leaves, grabs the urn and walks back to standing where he was.
|“||Once the vote have been read the decision is final. Person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.||”|
Joe...1 vote Scott. 1 vote Joe
Joe...2 votes Joe. 1 vote Scott
Scott...2 votes Scott. 2 votese Joe.
Joe...3 votes Joe. 2 votes Scott.
Joe...4 votes Joe. 2 votes Scott. 2 votes left.
|“||Fifth person voted out of Survivor: Argentina...Joe. You need to bring me your torch.||”|
Joe grabs his torch and walks up.
Jeff, "Joe, the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go."
Joe walks out of the tribal area and into the darkness.
|“||From the looks of things some were shocked and the game rolls on. Grab your stuff and head out. Good Night.||”|
Joe (6 votes)
Scott (2 votes)
|“||Even now I hope this is a good move.||”|
|“||Never call me weak. Ever.||”|
|“||I can't stand you. I hope you go and camp can be peaceful.||”|
|“||They got me. T.P., Tree, Totolax, good luck to you three and I hope you are happy with your vote. Jay stick in there in buddy.||”|
Still In The Running
Next Time on Survivor...
Jay is out on his own with no aliance while Scott may have something up his sleeves.
The title was said by Scott after Joe called him weak.