|"The King Has Been Dethroned"|
|Previous||It Just Takes One Person|
|Next||It's Like a Game of Telephone|
Previously on Survivor...
Over on Bananier, the men vowed to stick together, but Dallas had second thoughts. He considered flipping on his alliance to go align with Lydia, Beth, and Taylor. On Goyaves, Regan used her idol in order to threaten Abbie to vote with her.
The tribes were given the offer to mutiny to the opposite tribe, but only Abbie took the offer. This angered Rodger and Ida, but pleased Regan. At the immunity challenge, Goyaves pulled out a victory, sending Bananier to Tribal Council.
When voting, Dallas switched sides. Instead of voting for Abbie, he voted for Ryan, sending another one of Luke's allies home.
Thirteen are left, who will be voted out next?
Immunity Challenge: Smash and Grab
Four players will each attemot to smash a tile, releasing a key into the water. Once the key is found, the person who smashed the key will swim it back to shore. Then, the next person will search for the next key. There are four keys in all, and each unlocks a box full of puzzle pieces. The remaining two people will attempt to solve a puzzle. The first tribe to solve the puzzle correctly will win immunity and letters from home.
Luke was not happy.
|“||Dallas is probably the most hated person in the game right about now. He's not even a good player, just a flip-flopper who jumps ship whenever it suits his fancy. Man, I hate people like that!||”|
And because of Dallas changing his vote, the Worker Bees alliance was essentially screwed. Adam and Luke both knew that. They weren't fools. They were aware that unless Bananier won immunity on Day 21, one of them would be going home.
- Dallas screwed us over. Which means that we're dead.- Luke
- Maybe we could get one of the others to flip...- Adam
- No. None of them will. Taylor, Beth, and Lydia don't trust me. Abbie wouldn't want to go with us, because we voted for her, and why would Dallas switch back again?- Luke
- We need to either win immunity, or find an idol.- Adam
- Should we just look for it out in the open?- Luke
- Why not? I mean, what are they going to do? Vote us out? We're already at death's door.- Adam
The two men began to search for the idol.
Dallas, on the other hand, was overjoyed.
|“||The king has been dethroned, and now, I'm the new ruler! I've got the women on my side, and we'll be able to terminate the threats. But that's not enough. I need that idol, and I need it now.||”|
Dallas also went to look for the idol. He attempted to do so conspicuously, but Taylor saw him.
- Hey, Dallas. Are you looking for the idol, by any chance?- Taylor
- Um... Yeah... Kind of.- Dallas
- We'll find it together. I won't tell if you don't. It'll be our dirty little secret.- Taylor
- Um... OK.- Dallas
|“||I really wish Taylor hadn't found me looking for the idol. Now, we have to share the power. And as my preschool teachers know, I don't like sharing.||”|
Meanwhile, Abbie and Beth were doing their best to console Lydia, who again felt like giving up.
- Lydia, if you leave now, then you just let us down. Can't you stick it out at least until the merge?- Abbie
- I don't think I can. I think I've reached my breaking point! I just want to quit this whole stupid game!- Lydia
- I almost got voted out last night, and I'm doing fine. I know you feel like giving up, but what about us? We need you at the moment, and what message would you be sending to your kids if you quit now, when we needed you most?- Abbie
- ... I'll have to think it over...- Lydia
|“||I don't like Abbie. I think she's pushy, rude, and obnoxious. I almost wish that I would have voted her off last night instead of Ryan. Ryan was courteous, regardless of what I did. Abbie's just annoying.||”|
Holly felt absolutely alone. In a tribe of six people, there was absolutely nobody she could trust. Nobody. Abbie, her closest ally, had left her all alone, and while Abbie probably had reasons for doing so, it didn't help Holly's confusion. Why did Abbie switch tribes? Did Rodger or Regan say something to her? Why hadn't she thought about Holly, and how Holly needed her, before she stepped off the mat?
Regan was aware of Holly's troubles, and naturally, Guadeloupe's own She-Devil decided to use that to her advantage.
- I know why Abbie switched sides.- Regan
- Why would I believe you?- Holly
- Because, I'm telling the truth. I may be nasty, but I don't lie.- Regan
- Fine. Tell me your insane part of the story.- Holly
- It's true! So, anyways, I was talking with Abbie the other day, and she let it slip that you were trying to campaign against her to get her voted off. She didn't feel safe, so she left the first chance she got.- Regan
- I never said that!- Holly
- Well, Abbie said that she heard it from Ida, who isn't always the most reliable source, if you know what I mean.- Regan
- You think Ida lied to Abbie just to get her worked up?- Holly
- That's what it looks like to me.- Regan
Holly, though a bit suspicious of Regan, also knew that Ida was a schemer. She was almost a milder version of Regan herself, although Ida hid her nasty side much better than Regan did.
On the outside, Regan remained serious and poised, but on the inside, she was laughing evilly.
|“||Ida deserves a little payback for that stunt she pulled when she revealed that I had the idol. I guess we'll see what karma has in store for her. Of course, since karma's not coming fast enough, it looks like I'll have to just intervene...||”|
Ida had no idea that Regan was working her black magic. She was currently speaking to Rodger. Despite the rocky start, the two had become a pair. They were partners in crime. And Ida thought she was controlling Rodger, and vice versa.
- Abbie screwed up our plans. So now what do we do?- Rodger
- Well, we need to make sure that Holly's solid with us, and then maybe trick Brenden into switching his vote to Holly. He's an idiot, so he'll probably think I'm still on Regan's side.- Ida
- I don't know how Brenden has lasted this long.- Rodger
- Because he adores Regan. And Regan likes being adored. Anyways, why do you think that Abbie mutinied?- Ida
- No clue. I want to know why, though.- Rodger
After a long time of looking, Dallas and Taylor finally dug up the idol for Bananier.
|“||So far, I've been in possession of every idol on my tribe, which shocks me. These babies must love me, because they keep popping up wherever I go!||”|
Although the pair agreed to keep it to themselves, Dallas found himself breaking that rule, when he told Luke a "slightly altered" version of the story.
- Hey, I switched my vote because I thought Taylor had another idol. She threatened me that if I didn't vote for Ryan, she'd find a way to get me voted out. She didn't have an idol last Tribal, but now she does.- Dallas
- She does?- Luke
- Yep. I was foolishly playing for my own safety, and I hope you forgive me.- Dallas
- Definitely. Just remember, it's us to the end.- Luke
|“||Luke is all about playing this game "honestly" and "with integrity". The guy's smart, but if you swear to be loyal, Luke will believe you! He's obviously made a mistake putting his trust in me, because I'm not the most trustworthy.||”|
Harvey, Regan, and Brenden were plotting Ida's demise. Well, Harvey and Regan were. Brenden was mostly just sitting there.
- All right, we need to make Ida feel as comfortable as she possibly can before we vote her out. If she gets suspicious, she'll try something crazy.- Harvey
- Yeah... How would we do that, exactly?- Brenden
- We'll need her to think that my alliance is falling apart. A demolished alliance is easier to beat than a strong alliance. Also, if my alliance is breaking at the seams, Ida will be able to take control of it. She's a huge control freak, so she'll love that.- Regan
- So, we'll need to make her think that I don't trust you. Then, she could try and sway me over to her side, to vote you off, Regan.- Harvey
- But what she doesn't know is that we have Holly locked on our side to vote Ida off.- Regan
- I'll just walk up to Ida, act like I don't trust you, and she'll fall for it completely.- Harvey
|“||Now that the Goyaves tribe is down to six, there's hardly any place to hide. You have to scheme and you have to lie and you have to pull your weight, or else you'll be gone. I'm just hoping that my plan will work, because if not, then I'll have to use my idol, and I'm not letting go of it yet.||”|
Harvey pulled out his best acting skills as he began to put on a show for Ida.
- Hey, can you tell me something... Giving me an honest answer?- Harvey
- Depends on the question.- Ida
- OK... Do you think I have any shot of winning this game by sticking with Regan?- Harvey
- Why would I answer that?- Ida
- Just answer the (bleep)ing question!- Harvey
- Fine. No need to get crazy. Honestly, I think that people might lump you in with Regan's behavior, and not want to vote for you. That's why you should go on our alliance.- Ida
- I'll think about it.- Harvey
Harvey's Oscar-winning performance worked. Ida bought the story, hook, line, and sinker.
|“||Harvey is feeling uncertain about his spot in Regan's alliance. What better opportunity to snatch him up?||”|
After choosing that Lydia would sit out for Bananier, the tribe elected Taylor, Beth, Luke, and Dallas to be their swimmers, while Adam and Abbie would work on the puzzle.
The Goyaves tribe had made Regan, Brenden, Harvey, and Holly the swimmers, and Ida and Rodger would work on the puzzle.
Both tribes stayed relatively even throughout the swimming portion, and it came down to the puzzle.
Both Ida and Abbie were good at puzzles, but unlike Abbie, Ida didn't crack under pressure.
Abbie, however, did crack under pressure. And when Abbie cracked, Abbie got nervous. When Abbie got nervous, Abbie also got sloppy.
And when Abbie got sloppy, it was easy for the Goyaves tribe to have Ida propel them to another consecutive victory, much to Adam's and Luke's dismay. They were utterly screwed, unless someone unexpectedly came to their rescue..
Lydia was struggling with many options. She didn't want to stay, but she didn't want to quit. Lydia wanted to fight it out, but she also wanted to flee. Luke sensed that Lydia was struggling with deciding on what to do, and he decided to "help" her decide.
|“||It's wrong of me to use Lydia's emotions to my advantage, but I've got no other ideas, here. If I need to manipulate a few people in order to save my butt for three more days, I'll do it. It's time for me to stop playing the good guy and start being the bad guy. I have nothing to lose.||”|
- You OK?- Luke
- I don't know. I feel like quitting, but...- Lydia
- So why don't you quit? If you don't wanna keep going, then don't. Don't let Abbie or anyone else boss you around. Think for yourself.- Luke
- I don't want to let them down.- Lydia
- You're not letting them down. You're doing what's best for you. Think about yourself just this once, and how you feel. If you think you can handle being out here for 18 more days.- Luke
|“||Hopefully the seed I planted in Lydia's head will blossom into a bright flower that will save Adam and me for a few days.||”|
- Lydia, for the first five challenges, you guys dominated. You were up by three members... And now the Goyaves tribe is crushing you. What happened?- Jeff Probst
- I'm not so sure myself, Jeff. But I have another thing to say, if you don't mind. I'm asking everyone to vote for me, abandon the original voting plans, and write my name down tonight.- Lydia
- What?!- Abbie
- Let me get this straight. Lydia, you're quitting?- Jeff Probst
- I want them to vote me out, so yeah, I'm quitting, essentially.- Lydia
- Abbie, what was the original voting plan tonight?- Jeff Probst
- Luke. We were going to eliminate Luke.- Abbie
- And what about now? Do you think everyone will switch their votes?- Jeff Probst
- If anyone has any sense at all, they'll get rid of Luke tonight. Sure, Lydia wants to quit, but she's been wanting to quit since she got out here. I think she's just had a rough day, and doesn't really mean it. I don't think she wants to quit, really.- Abbie
It was now time to vote.
|“||If anyone has a Hidden Immunity Idol, now would be the time to play it. (Nobody stands) OK, once the votes are read the decision is final, and the person voted out must leave the Tribal Council Area immediately. I'll read the votes. Lydia. Luke. Lydia. Luke. Lydia. Lydia. Eighth person voted out of Survivor: Guadeloupe is... Lydia.||”|
Tribal Council 8:
Lydia (5 votes)
Beth, Taylor, Luke, Adam, Dallas
Luke (2 votes)
|“||Hey, Lydia. Hope you're happy about this. I love you and hope to talk to you again sometime.||”|
|“||I'm hoping that people come to their senses and realize that you're the one who needs to go.||”|
|“||Thank you so, so, so much. Best of luck to you.||”|
|“||Only voting for you because I can't vote for myself. Thanks for helping me discover my ticket out.||”|
|“||I'm glad to have gotten to know you, you're a nice lady.||”|
|“||You've been my closest ally out here, and I'll really miss you. I know it's for the best though.||”|
|“||We've had our ups and downs in the game-related sense, but I respect and like you as a person. See you later.||”|
|“||Wow, what a wild ride. It was crazy, but amazing. I feel like I left at just the right time, before the major backstabbing and deception started. I'm hoping for Beth or Taylor to win this thing, although I wouldn't mind to see Luke take it either.||”|
Still in the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
When the merge arrives, what will happen when the two most villainous players team up?
- OK, I've got an idea, but I need you to pull it off.- Regan
- Well, I'm listening. Fire away...- Dallas
And when old allies reunite, what will happen?
- I just wanted to let you know that whatever Ida told you about me gunning for you isn't true.- Holly
- What? Ida never said anything to me about you gunning for me...- Abbie
- Well, Regan said to me that Ida told you that I was gunning for you.- Holly
- I'm confused...- Abbie
- This episode took twice as long to finish because I kept accidentally deleting parts... And my computer shut down at one point.