|"This Is My Island!"|
|Previous||Deal With It|
|Next||This Has Been Compromised|
This Is My Island! is the fifth episode of Survivor: Hainan.
Previously On Survivor...
On Redemption Island, Elisa continues her winning streak and Holmium joins her to stay on the island. Keith and Lucas both won the reward for their tribe, boosting their energy level. However, this extra energy did little as they lost another immunity challenge. Despite Penny's great effort to convince Nancy to substitute Qwerty with Oak and herself to form a six-people alliance, Penny was voted out with a 5-2 vote, with the original five-people alliance sticking together. Sixteen are left, who would be voted off, tonight?
Combined Reward/Redemption Duel: Hanging By A Thread
The contestants must lie on a platform over a pool holding a handle, while water spills out of a barrel overhead. Starting at a 35° angle, it increases by 5° every five minutes. Last two contestants hanging stays and first inhabitant dropping is eliminated.
Reward: 100 coconuts or A huge bar of chocolate.
Winners: Elisa (Chocolate), Dash (Coconuts)
Immunity Challenge: Sumo in Mud
Using large padded bags, each tribe member has to get their opponent off of a platform and into the surrounding water to earn a point. Two hands on the bag at all times, no feet. There will be one-on-one same-sex match-ups. First tribe to four wins.
Winners: Lei Gong
At Yu Shen camp, Returning from tribal council, Oak finally confirms his position in his tribe.
|“||This is it, I'm in a one-man alliance. Go big or go home time. All I could hope now is a simple crack inside the alliance, otherwise I'm totally screwed.||”|
|“||This five is settling down at last, I'm glad. Now it's just a waiting game. I can take a rest and wait until the merge.||”|
At Yu Shen camp, The tribe received tree mail to instruct them sending two people for the reward/duel.
- Keith and Lucas both won the last one, shouldn't they just go again?- Nancy
- The challenge is about durability. "Raindrops falling on my head, hands just slide like a sledge," I think I can do that.- Oak
- So it's not physical I guess. Maybe I can go too.- Nancy
- I'm okay with that.- Lucas
- I've the most unstable arms ever.- Keith
|“||Oak wants to go to the reward. I've got to go with him, because I knew from my first visit to the duel, clues to location of hidden immunity idol are offered. In case he wins, I would have to plan again.||”|
On Redemption Island, Jeff introduced the rewards to the contestants, Dash and Johnathan from Lei Gong, Nancy and Oak from Yu Shen, and the three inhabitants on the Island, Elisa, Holmium and Penny.
|Castaway|| Time lasted|
|Penny||26 minutes 5 seconds|
|“||I'm not that disappointed. After all, I did outlast a few others, won a few challenges and I lasted as long as I could. I'm proud of myself and this is a cool new experience.||”|
Back at Lei Gong camp,
- Coconuts! I can't carry them all!- Dash
- Oh My God!- Ingrid, Fion and Gabriel
- [sat down and settled]There was chocolate, but Elisa took them. Coconuts are that bad, we don't need to get coconuts in a few days!- Dash
|“||No climbing in a few days, more energy for immunity challenge - that's my only concern. I hope everyone has energy, and wins immunity, so that I could stay for 3 more days.||”|
On Redemption Island
|“||I officially declare this is my island! (smiles joyfully). I stayed here for 10 days now, won 3 reward for myself. This feels so good! I didn't pick coconuts though. Penny could simply take a few and replenish her energy, which I don't wanna see. Sorry!||”|
At Lei Gong camp,
|“||It really seems to me that nothing's there to save me unless Lei Gong goes on winning all immunities upto the merge. So right now, I need them to know I am staying with them to form an alliance of seven. Hope they're not throwing challenges.||”|
- Ingrid, well, you know where are we standing within this group of seven?- Fion
- Not a great position for sure.- Ingrid
- We need to win immunities. If both of us enter the merge, we can be the swing vote. Right now, we need them to trust the two of us, not to throw challenges just to vote me, or maybe you off.- Fion
- You're right.- Ingrid
At Yu Shen camp,
|“||Right now our tribe seemed fairly strong. We got Lucas and Keith for the muscles, I am alright with puzzles. Right now I'm in a five-person alliance, which is not exactly good at merge. If we lose one more, not only it's likely to be me, it weakens the alliance as well.||”|
When the two tribes arrived at the immunity challenge, Jeff revealed the immunity challenge. Johnathan was sitting out in this challenge.
|Lei Gong representative||Yu Shen representative||Winner|
- Lei Gong wins immunity!- Jeff
- Yu Shen, I've got nothing for you. Grab your stuff, head back to camp. I'll see you tonight at tribal council.- Jeff
At Yu Shen camp,
|“||I know where I am in this tribe. There is nothing to safe me except the hidden immunity idol. I need to look around, see beneath special rocks, maybe under a pond, next to a well, or some vines. Dig a little, look up a little. Even if I don't find it, I'll pretend I have it. If I find it, of course I'm telling no one. This is going to be the biggest blindside ever!||”|
- This decision is quite obvious, right?- Qwerty
- Yes in deed. Let's look for the idol. I don't want Oak to get it.- Nancy
- We should split up now and try to find it.- Keith
At tribal council,
- Welcome to tribal council. Last time you were here, it seemed that there is an alliance of five, judging on the 5 votes against Penny. Nancy, is this alliance still going strong?- Jeff
- I think so! We have reached a consensus to vote someone together, if no blindsides happen.- Nancy
- You mentioned a main point, the possibility of a blindside. Oak, do you think the result today is going to shock everyone?- Jeff
- Maybe, if someone else, if not me, has some crazy idea. They should know that an alliance of five is not going to dominate for a merge.- Oak
- Speaking of the merge, a lot of you have thought very far until the merge. Is there any plan in your mind?- Jeff
- Yes, a lot of us deemed physical threat as a big thing, but actually they're not as big as strategical threat, because no one can win so many immunities and enter the final 3 just because of physical ability. However you can do that with strategy.- Keith
- I have to agree with that, after tonight, only 12 remains in the main game, the merge should be really close. Everyone should think deep before making a game-changing decision.- Lucas
- Alright, it's time to vote, Oak, you're up.- Jeff
- Once the votes were read, the decision is final. The person voted out would be asked to leave the tribal council very immediately. If anyone has the hidden immunity idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.- Jeff
- Of course I can live for another day!- Oak
- (Smiles)- Nancy
- According to the rules of Survivor, when the hidden immunity idol is played, the votes against that person would not count. The person with the next highest number of vote will go home. This is in deed a hidden immunity idol, votes against Oak will not count. I'll read the votes.- Jeff
- The tribe has spoken. However, you'll have a shot at getting back to the main game, grab you torch and head back to redemption island.- Jeff
- Well, this might remind you how unpredictable the game could be. Grab your torches, head back to camp, good night!- Jeff
|“||I still got my game. Go home please, I hope everyone sees you as a threat||”|
|“||Not letting my game out of my hand. If nothing happens, cool. If something happens, it's not me.||”|
|“||I'll miss you||”|
|“||I didn't know who voted for you the first time. But anyways, good luck, good bye.||”|
Still in the Running
- Due to work obligation, the writer has to stop writing midway.
- Season, tribes and contestants pages would be updated after the completion of this episode.