|"To Jump Ship, Or Not? That Is the Question"|
|Season||Survivor: Battle of the Ages|
|Previous||It's Hard To See the Rainforest Past the Ferns|
|Next||The Bro Alliance Tries to Ride Again|
Previously On Survivor...
Zak was angry over the results of tribal council, but Ivan quickly resolved the issue and said Marquis was to go next. The two tribes competed in a close reward challenge, but Ivan's puzzle making skills took the cake, winning the new Atiu's first win. The next day, Erick solidified an alliance deal with Astor, inviting Kamryn in a final four alliance. At Exile Island, Kamryn found the idol by accident, making Erick's alliance stronger.
At the reward challenge, the two tribes were once again very close, until Atiu's decoding strategy paid off, winning them immunity. Suvorov, who lost twice, was sent to tribal council. Beforehand, Erick coersed Genette into his alliance. At tribal Erick told Charmaine how weak she was, while also saying she's a threat. Genette, afraid Erick could hurt her, voted with Erick's alliance to get Charmaine out. The alliance prevailed, getting her out with four votes. Ten remain, who will be voted out tonight?
Reward/Immunity Challenge: Make Your Point
Two players run up the beach to a compass rose and dig in the position told to them (with a real compass to help) for a treasure chest. Take the chest back to the start, where the other two read the directions painted on top and grab the next chest, and so on. Once all three have been grabbed, untie them, take seven placards showing nautical flags (translations provided with Treemail) from inside, and place them on a board to correctly spell ‘VICTORY’.
Reward: The ability to spy on the other tribe's tribal council.
Suvorov returns to camp from tribal council. Everyone is quiet and keeps their distance from Erick. Even Astor and Kamryn keep their distance from him.
|“||Okay, well last night, Erick unleashed his evil side, and this scared everyone last night. I think Jeff might of been afraid. Well, I'm hoping I can get Genette to tell me what happened and to flip Astor and Kamryn into an anti-Erick alliance.||”|
Erick falls asleep first, then the others, very afraid of him.
The next day, both tribe receive treemail. But rather than stating a challenge, something else is written.
- Guys! Guys! We have treemail and it's important!- Genette
- What does it say?- Garnet
- Okay it says 'Normally you would merge, but their is a catch. A mutiny will be offered to those that seek change. Even if one takes it the merger is delayed by a day. If you wish to mutiny, make your voice heard tommorrow. If no one wishes to do so, you'll merger tomorrow.'- Genette
- Wow. That's epic.- Erick
Everyone is shocked or confused. They all look at each other wondering if someone will mutiny.
|“||I'm pretty sure everyone's thinking, to jump ship, or not? That is the question. But we really shouldn't worry about a mutiny.||”|
Ivan reads the same message at Atiu. The reaction is very much the same.
|“||The fact a mutiny has been offered could change this game 180 degrees on its head. I'm worried about Marquis staying any longer.||”|
Later, at Suvorov, Garnet comes across a crying Genette in the shelter.
- Something wrong, Genette. You can always tell me.- Garnet
- Erick forced me to vote Charmaine last night.- Genette
- What did he do?- Garnet
- He yelled at me.- Genette
- That's it?- Garnet
- It was the tone of his voice, so cold, demonic, evil, almost. I just want to mutiny because of that.- Genette
- Genette, don't mutiny, we'll talk to Kamryn and Astor to get everyone against him.- Garnet
- Okay, thanks.- Genette
Garnet comforts Genette with a hug. Afterwards, they go off to find Kamryn and Astor.
They find the two on the beach.
- Hey, Kamryn and Astor, can we talk?- Garnet
- Sure, take a seat.- Kamryn
- I want you two to work with me and Garnet as an alliance to get to the final four, and get Erick out of this game.- Genette
- Before you decide, who you want to have, some tyrant or a person who'll treat you as human?- Garnet
- Me and Kamryn did talk about his earlier, and we're willing to work with the two of you.- Astor
- And to prove that we're an alliance, I'll show you what I found at Exile Island.- Kamryn
- The hidden immunity idol?!- Genette
- Yep. I haven't told Erick, since Astor dropped the whole, 'we're in an alliance with Erick' bombshell on me.- Kamryn
- Good, thanks for sharing that.- Garnet
Erick, watching in the distance, is angered by his "alliance" talking to Garnet.
|“||Who the (bleep) does that (bleep) think she is? She's stolen my alliance from underneath me. I'll show those mother(bleep).||”|
A day after receiving the tremail informing them about a mutiny, they meet Jeff Probst in a different area from the challenge area.
- Atiu, you're getting a good look at the new Suvorov tribe. Charmaine voted out at the last tribal council.- Jeff
- Could you just move on with the mutiny, Probst?- Erick
- Okay, for the mutiny, I'll give you all ten seconds to do so. To mutiny, all you simply do is leave your tribe's mat.- Jeff.
Jeff begins the countdown. Ten. Immediately, Quinlan leaves the Atiu mat. Nine, eight, seven, six. Erick mutinies from Suvorov. Five, four, three, two. Zak leaves the Atiu mat as well. One. Ulrich looks hestiant on mutiny. Zero. But, he can't as the countdown ended.
- Alright, Atiu now consists of Erick, Ivan, Ulrich, and Marquis. Here are some new buffs for you to change into.- Jeff
- Thanks.- Ivan
- The new Suvorov is now, Astor, Garnet, Genette, Kamryn, Quinlan, and Zak. Here are new buffs for you guys as well. Once you change buffs, return to camp. Any personal items will be moved to your new camp.- Jeff
|The New Atiu Tribe|
|The New Suvorov Tribe|
The two tribes return to camp, wondering how tomorrow will work out.
Back at the Suvorov camp, both new tribe members are welcomed with warm arms. Astor, Genette, and Kamryn welcome Quinlan back to camp. Garnet reunites with Zak. Garnet quickly gets on the subject of Marquis.
- So how come Marquis hasn't been voted out yet?- Garnet
- We ran into some complications.- Zak
- What kind of complications?- Garnet
- Ivan pulled the wool over our eyes and got Yorick out instead.- Zak
- Why did you mutiny anyway?- Garnet
- Mostly to remove myself from Marquis's presence.- Zak
At Atiu, the tribe simply sits in awkward silence around the shelter area, until Ivan leaves to use the latrine and Ulrich decides to go to gather water.
- So, you're Erick, right?- Marquis
- Yeah.- Erick
- Why'd you mutiny to Atiu?- Marquis
- To get away from the (bleep) at Suvorov. Some blonde bitch stole my alliance over there, thought I'd come over here and reissue my alliance with Ulrich.- Erick
- What if I got in your alliance and take out everyone else in this (bleep) game, starting with the homo on our tribe.- Marquis
- You're in, and Ivan right?- Erick
- Correct.- Marquis
The next day, in treemail, they recieved a notice they'll need to remember the flags needed to spell out VICTORY. Both tribes arrive to the tribal council area.
- For today's challenge, two players run up the beach to a compass rose and dig in the position told to them for a treasure chest. Take the chest back to the start, where the other two read the directions painted on top and grab the next chest, and so on. Once all three have been grabbed, untie them, take seven placards showing nautical flags from inside, and place them on a board to correctly spell ‘VICTORY’.
- Astor and Kamryn.- Zak
- Astor, Kamryn, take a seat on the bench. I'll give you a moment to strategize.- Jeff
Erick and Ivan are the diggers for Atiu and Zak and Quinlan for Suvorov. The first chest is 13 paces north, 2 paces west, and 3 paces south fo Suvorov and 2 paces south for Atiu. Ivan and Erick follow the direction, but Quinlan and Zak do the math. Atiu goes 13 paces north, but Suvorov goes ten paces north. Both go two paces west. Quinlan and Zak begin to dig, and Ivan and Erick go two paces down and begin to dig. Quinlan and Zak get the chest out of the sand and return to Garnet and Genette. Ivan and Erick get their chest and return to their mat. Both pairs get to the mat at the same time.
Atiu's second chest is twenty paces north, six paces east, one pace west, and six paces south. Suvorov's second chest is fifteen paces northeast, three paces west, and six paces north. Both pairs walk out the distance. Quinlan and Zak finds the spot where their chest might be and quickly get digging. Ivan and Erick find the spot where their chest migh be, and begin digging. Quinlan and Zak find their chest and return to Suvorov's mat. Ivan and Erick continue digging, until Erick finds it, and unearths it. They rush back to the mat. Quinlan and Zak gets there first.
Suvorov's final chest is 15 paces north, 10 paces east, and 6 paces south. After doing a little math, Atiu arrives and Quinlan and Zak rush to find their third chest. Atiu's third chest is 15 paces south, 7 paces west, and another 6 paces north. They rush out to ther loaction of the final chest. Both pairs quickly get to the possible areas where the chest might be and begin to dig like crazy. Atiu finds their chest first, and is quick to get back to the mat. A moment later, Suvorov gets their last chest. Quinlan and Zak begin to sprint back to Suvorov's mat. Atiu arrives first, allowing Ulrich and Marquis to open the chests and work on the puzzle. Quinlan and Zak get the last chest to the mat, allowing Garnet and Genette to figure out the flag's positions. Marquis and Ulrich have a hard time remembering which flag stood for which letter. The Suvorov girls remember the flag's desgins. They put them in this order; a white flag with a red X, a yellow flag with a solid black circle , a flag with two blue and white stripes and red stripe in the center, a flag with red, white, and blue vertical stripes, a flag with two triangles, one yellow, one red, a red flag with a yellow plus, and a flag with alternating yellow and red stripes.
- Victor, India, Charlie, Tango, Oscar, Romeo, and Yankee, Suvorov wins immunity and reward!- Jeff
- Way to go Suvorov!- Kamryn
- Suvorov, you are safe tonight, Atiu, unlike the Aitu Four, you aren't. You have a date with me at tribal council. You can return to camp.- Jeff
Returning to camp, Erick has him and Ulrich stop, and Ivan and Marquis head back to camp. Everything is quiet, for now. Erick, similar to after their loss on Day 9, lifted Ulrich up with his shirt. His expression showed both anger and agressiveness.
- Hey Ulrich, listen. YOU'RE GOING TO VOTE IVAN OUT GOT IT! IF YOU VOTE AGAINST ME, YOU'RE DEAD MEAT!!!! GOT IT!!- Erick
- Yeah.- Ulrich
- Good, now let's get back to camp.- Erick.
Back at camp, Erick and Marquis are at the beach. Ivan and Ulrich are at the shelter, cooking some rice and fish.
- Ulrich, we need to give rid of one of them.- Ivan
- Who?- Ulrich
- Erick and Marquis. Erick specifically. He's too much of a challenge threat. So I'll vote for him tonight. I hope you do too.- Ivan
- Uh, sure.- Ulrich
|“||I really hate being the swing vote. If I vote with Erick and Marquis, I'm getting a target on my back and one of the good guys out. If I vote with Ivan, I risk a tie. Decisions, decisions.||”|
Aitu arrives to tribal council. Everyone takes a seat and places their torches behind them.
- We'll bring in the Suvorov tribe.- Jeff
- Thanks for the welcome Jeff.- Astor
- And the members of the Jury, Charmaine.- Jeff
Charmaine is wearing a blue blouse, jeans, black heels, and a pearl necklace. Suvorov and Charmaine take a seat on the Jury bench.
- Atiu, once again at tribal council. Anyone have a reason why this tribe isn't fairing well as Suvorov?- Jeff
- It's the dysfunctional dynamic of the tribe. We should've had Marquis out six days ago, but instead Ivan decided on getting Yorick out instead. Hell, Erick is a psychopath. He threatened to kill me if I ever wrote his name down.- Ulrich
- When?- Jeff
- Okay, on Day 9, prior to Mangaia's tribal council, and before this tribal council.- Ulrich
- If I can interject, I never did or said any of that.- Erick
- Don't (bleep) lie. On Day nine you say, and I quote 'LISTEN TO ME AND LISTEN TO ME GOOD, YOU ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR THE (bleep) TONIGHT! SHE'S GOING TO VOTE FOR ONE OF US, AND IF SHE TELLS YOU TO VOTE FOR ME, YOU'RE STILL GOING TO VOTE HER OUT, ALRIGHT?! AND IF YOU DO AS SO MUCH CONSIDER VOTING FOR ME TONIGHT, THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU, YOU'LL BE IN A BODY BAG, GOT IT?!'.- Ulrich
- I never said that.- Erick
- You have no proof, Ulrich.- Marquis
- Really, ask Octavia, she heard the entire thing!- Ulrich
- But she's not here.- Ivan
- You know (bleep) what? I'm voting Marquis tonight, and anyone who wants in can vote for him.- Ulrich
- I'm going to end this before it gets ugly. And before we vote, Suvorov you can leave, that's all you can see. Good night. Now, Erick you're up to vote.- Jeff
Survorov leaves the tribal council area. One by one, everyone votes. After the votes have been cast, Jeff goes and retrieves the urn.
- If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, you may play it. Alright once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. First vote, Erick. Next vote, Ivan. Ivan. One vote left.......
- See ya.- Ivan
- Ivan, only half the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go. Well it's apparent that Atiu became severely dysfunctional after the absorption, but to what extent? Atiu, you can head back to camp.- Jeff
Atiu leaves the tribal council area, and returns to camp
|Tribal Council 6:|
Ivan (2 votes)
Erick & Marquis
Erick (1 vote)
Marquis (1 vote)
|“||Well regardless of what Ulrich said, Ivan you're still on mine and Marquis's hit list, then Ulrich, and finally Suvorov.||”|
|“||I'm not voting Marquis. He's the perfect goat, and he's not an immunity threat. Erick, screw you.||”|
|“||I really hate you. Good-bye fairy.||”|
|“||Tonight, telling Erick off was so great. Erick is nothing but an ass and a bastard frat boy. He'll be in jail a few weeks after this game ends.||”|
|“||I went from the insider to the outsider thanks to a mutiny. I wanted to mutiny, but something wouldn't let he. I don't regret being the last Atiu standing. I regret that Ulrich didn't vote with me in getting Erick out. I'd probably kick his ass in the tiebreaker. Good luck Ulrich and Suvorov. Get rid of the (bleep)||”|
Still In the Running
Next Time on Survivor...
- The tribes officially merge.
- Suvorov decides on getting out those on Atiu.
- Ulrich and Genette bond over their experiences with evil Erick.
- The reward/immunity challenge is the same challenge from Survivor: Cook Islands episode, People That Like You Want to See You Suffer.